Turn on thread page Beta

Bands you think should be much bigger than they are/were watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    King feckin' Crimson. Bedrock of all prog. Fantastic albums.

(Original post by HSG1992)
    10 pages in and no one has mentioned Tool.

Faith in the human race is beyond lost...
    I thought that they were already big in prog/metal circles. Too good for the mainstream. Lateralus is an awesome album.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miike1234)
    My personal favourite is Nizlopi, you've probably all heard their JCB song but they're so much more than that. They've got a few albums which have some of the best songs I've ever heard.

Here's one of their songs called Freedom http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66dXHCCyQIw

Let me know if you like them.
    I love Nizlopi, they were at a festival I go to one year, so I decided to listen to a few of their songs before I went, and I just got hooked!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freddo:))
    It has to be Bon Iver,
    amazing lyrics, amazing voice, amazing everthing!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfAS6nwYc9g
    Definitely! New album out this month

ReputationRep:
    Charlie Simpson; he has an AMAZING voice and every song on his new album is amazing - I hope he does really really well.

This is my current favourite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBTypPG6Jr0

ReputationRep:
    Love Battery, particularly the 'Confusion au Go Go' album

ReputationRep:
    Cassidy, just because I met them at a Primal Scream concert and they're really sound guys (:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZQRq...nk3pk8&index=9

and this song is so catchy!

ReputationRep:
    We Are Scientists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salliana23)
    Bon Iver- Amazing.
    I just find it so sad that people will think that "Birdie" sung "Skinny Love" instead, thanks to Radio 1!

ReputationRep:
    Billie the Vision and the Dancers :') seriously, look them up, they're amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueSmartie)
    Bon Iver- Amazing.
    I just find it so sad that people will think that "Birdie" sung "Skinny Love" instead, thanks to Radio 1!
    I heard the Bon Iver version first but actually I much prefer the Birdie one - I feel like I've never been able to put my finger on what's wrong with the Bon Iver one and the Birdie one is just exactly how I always wanted it to be

I'm so pretentious

ReputationRep:
    Golden Silvers!!

<3

ReputationRep:
    Frightened Rabbit <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSG1992)
    10 pages in and no one has mentioned Tool.

Faith in the human race is beyond lost...
    Tool is too vast for the mainstream :P As far as Prog bands go they're one of the most popular. Btw whens the new album out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalthrashin'mad)
    Diamond Head should have been as big as Iron Maiden and Judas Priest easily, their first album was better than most albums by either of them.
    Maiden/Priest>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>Diamond head. I can't imagine any of their albums being as good as "number of the beast" or "British steel".

But thats just me. You are entitled to your own opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NapoleonDynamite)
    Tool is too vast for the mainstream :P As far as Prog bands go they're one of the most popular. Btw whens the new album out?
    Tool is properly mainstream. Songs like the pot and Schism have a large following.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kebabbi)
    I heard the Bon Iver version first but actually I much prefer the Birdie one - I feel like I've never been able to put my finger on what's wrong with the Bon Iver one and the Birdie one is just exactly how I always wanted it to be

I'm so pretentious
    Don't get me wrong, the Birdie version is pretty good too, but I suppose I just like music with a male vocal more, especially this song, not quite sure why though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
    Charlie Simpson; he has an AMAZING voice and every song on his new album is amazing - I hope he does really really well.

This is my current favourite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBTypPG6Jr0
    Fightstar is already a pretty big band

ReputationRep:
    The Classic Crime are kind of generic, but there's something about them that makes me think they deserve to be bigger.

Also Black Stone Cherry should switch places with Nickelback.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salliana23)
    I know, I've already got it!
    It's pretty swish..

Ps. On YouTube, the "Take away shows" with Bon Iver are AMAZING!
    PPs. Good luck in your exams! :grin: (I checked your signature :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    the airborne toxic event should be HUGE. they're an amazing band, both on record and live.
    and jack savoretti - not a band, but a lovely singer.

mumm-ra we're amazing, they split up though.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.