Awful (1)
0.66%
Keckers
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nbrz_emma)
The thing with Moffat is that he seems to try and lead us into believing the obvious, and then reveals that to be untrue. So on that evidence, I'd say River being the doctor's "killer" is too obvious.

However, maybe that's just a double bluff to trick us into thinking up ridiculously complicated ideas instead?
I guess it also raises the question as to whether the doctor actually does die.

I thought maybe there was some sort of paradox occurring where there had somehow been two doctors existing simultaneously so he had to kill himself?
nbrz_emma
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Keckers)
I guess it also raises the question as to whether the doctor actually does die.

I thought maybe there was some sort of paradox occurring where there had somehow been two doctors existing simultaneously so he had to kill himself?
Yeah that's what I thought too. I don't believe that the Doctor can be dead, because that just means we are stuck with Smith forever and he can't regenerate.
timeandacrayon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I dont know if this has been said before, but they are coming to the end of the regenerations (12 i think) so i wonder if they are going to do something clever to give him more.
(cloning? Memories to another timelord?) :holmes:
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by timeandacrayon)
I dont know if this has been said before, but they are coming to the end of the regenerations (12 i think) so i wonder if they are going to do something clever to give him more.
(cloning? Memories to another timelord?) :holmes:
The regeneration limit is imposed by the Time Lords High Council (or whaetever) isn't it? So without there being a HC then the Doctor can do what he wants. The Master has already gone over his limit :dontknow:
Aula
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
The regeneration limit is imposed by the Time Lords High Council (or whaetever) isn't it? So without there being a HC then the Doctor can do what he wants. The Master has already gone over his limit :dontknow:
Probably this, but it'll be up whoever's in charge when we get there. I hope they do actually explain it, rather than just ignoring it though.
Captain Crash
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Keckers)
I think it may be river who kills the dr.

Or would that be too obvious?
If she did, you would have thought there would be some sort of awareness about it when the doctor died.
express_68
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just finished watching this episode on iplayer! and :eek:
^^ thats all
looking forward to future eps!
Joseppea
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Maybe when the astronaut killed the Doctor, he found some timey-wimey way of migrating to Amy's womb so she was pregnant with the 12th incarnation. She gives birth to that child that we see regenerating who regenerates into River (final 12th regeneration). This could explain how River can fly the TARDIS etc. and if she was the last incarnation, she wouldn't be able to regenerate in the library when she saved Donna etc.?

But then again, probably not
frequent_flyer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Joseppea)
Maybe when the astronaut killed the Doctor, he found some timey-wimey way of migrating to Amy's womb so she was pregnant with the 12th incarnation. She gives birth to that child that we see regenerating who regenerates into River (final 12th regeneration). This could explain how River can fly the TARDIS etc. and if she was the last incarnation, she wouldn't be able to regenerate in the library when she saved Donna etc.?

But then again, probably not
If River IS the twelfth incarnation then that would mean that the doctor kisses HIMSELF

good idea though!
Teao the Cat
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Some part of me wonders about Amy's mother... we never saw her, and child amy said she wasn't around much...
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Teao the Cat)
Some part of me wonders about Amy's mother... we never saw her, and child amy said she wasn't around much...
Go and watch the end of TBB, you see both Amy's mother and father then as she remembers them when the Doctor closes the cracks.
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I really do not understand what people are watching DW for if they don't watch the finale :lolwut:
Teao the Cat
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
I really do not understand what people are watching DW for if they don't watch the finale :lolwut:
The last season was too long ago! I've firgotten half of what happens, even though I did watch it!
timeandacrayon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
Go and watch the end of TBB, you see both Amy's mother and father then as she remembers them when the Doctor closes the cracks.
So her parents were basically brough back/created by Amy's memories, her memories could be false or implanted though i don't think it is likely. I think the interesting one may be her child but not her.
Joseppea
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by frequent_flyer)
If River IS the twelfth incarnation then that would mean that the doctor kisses HIMSELF

good idea though!
Maybe that's why they get on so well? XD If she is the last incarnation then she probably wouldn't be too fussed about shooting stuff?
Teao the Cat
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
But if River is the last incarnation, then the doctor dies twice...
Joseppea
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
But if River is the last incarnation, then the doctor dies twice...
How so? When the astronaut kills him? he does a timey-wimey jump into Amy's womb keep up! XD
Captain Crash
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't think River Song is the last reincarnation. For one, she would have knowledge of all her later visits with the doctor including her death.
Mess.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Also, the Doctor supposedly can't interact with his own timeline. Would seem a bit ridiculous to be walking around with yourself for all that time.
Joseppea
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't think she is actually the Doctor, it was just a theory xD

Some people think she could be Jenny - which would be weird considering she was his "daughter."

There's probably no way of guessing it correctly, Moffat will come up with something that no-one has thought of yet for sure. xD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (278)
37.93%
No - but I will (53)
7.23%
No - I don't want to (53)
7.23%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (349)
47.61%

Watched Threads