Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    Krispy Kremes are TURBOVERRATED. I've never understood it. They just have a really mass-produced taste to them; even the likes of Greggs or Tesco Bakery doughnuts seem more "home made".
    You're so right in saying that creature comforts of cuisine are wayyy better than anything on the shop floor. That's why I'm not a huge on choc-bars anymore but go crazy for crumble. You can't package TLC!
    Ditto to Melissa, what donutty diversion (curse you, poor skills in D alliteration) do you propose instead, Toto?

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately there's no universally "better" doughnut; for example I've had some INCREDIBLE doughnuts at the riverside market in Newcastle which runs on a Sunday, which is by a little guy that deep fries them up on the spot.

I've had the WORLD'S BEST Kruller from the World's Market that occasionally appears in Dundee.

Doughnuts are tough things because too much oil and they end up coating your throat, too little and they end up as batterballs.

I have personally had exceptional and dire doughnuts from Tesco. I have also personally had a great and a poor doughnut from Greggs. It really just depends!! But local bakers that cook them up on the spot USUALLY do the best.

ReputationRep:
    i've never been to pizza express and up until a couple of months ago i had never tried nutella (i tried nutella and was disappointed - i think it's a bit overrated and much prefer my usual PB!)

ReputationRep:
    oh and i have also never tried anything from greggs!! i am desperate to though!

ReputationRep:
    when ppl say *i hav never tried pizza hut's cookie dough dessert* O_O O_O O_O

ReputationRep:
    I've never tried tea or coffee and I never will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laauurraa)
    oh and i have also never tried anything from greggs!! i am desperate to though!
    I've tried one cake there. The Toffee Yumyums are a complete letdown (just dough with toffee icing, should've guessed) but everything else looks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    My best buddy, when I met him, had never tried a MAXIBON.

We rectified this and now he eats one like, daily.

Good thing too, as they taste like TEARS OF AN ANGEL. With chocolate.
    Don't be mad but... what's a maxibon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laauurraa)
    i've never been to pizza express and up until a couple of months ago i had never tried nutella (i tried nutella and was disappointed - i think it's a bit overrated and much prefer my usual PB!)
    You ought to try Nutella on toast made from white bread. Seriously - it's absolutely amazing; far better than having it 'cold', IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZeedyA)
    Don't be mad but... what's a maxibon?
    I AM MAD! DO YOU LIVE UNDER A ROCK! *FUUUUME!*

AAARGH!

AAAAAAARGH!

A Maxibon is the most epic ice cream creation known to man. Half of it is like a magnum/feast hybrid, with chocolate chip vanilla ice cream surrounded by biscuit-crisped chocolate. Half of it is the same ice cream bar, sandwiched between two chocolate brownie/cookie cake slices. THIS IS ONE ICE CREAM. But it's about four treats in one!

BUY ONE NOW!!

ReputationRep:
    I've never had pesto. I didn't think it was that weird but my uni flatmates were all shocked because they love pesto pasta. I did buy a jar of it but it's still unopened :P

I have a friend who has never eaten any Chinese food. I found this out when she told me she "hated" Chinese food, then when I asked her why she confessed she'd never actually tried it ¬_¬

I've never had lychees either, but I never thought that was strange. I've had the opporturnity, but they just look too...ick.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had pesto either..to be honest, nobody I know in Essex really eats it? Went away to Uni and everyone had it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJayne)
    I haven't had pesto either..to be honest, nobody I know in Essex really eats it? Went away to Uni and everyone had it!
    I grew up in essex! I love pesto! Mind you, the fat content is sky high, being basically nuts ground up in oil...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MelissaJayne)
    We all have pesto in my kitchen Mind you, pasta's the only thing I can cook, and there's nowt better than some pesto stirred into pasta with grated cheese on top for lunch.

ReputationRep:
    Poor exchange student at our uni had never tried Steak Pie. Turned out before we made him it, he hadn't even ever tried Puff Pastry! He freaking LOVED it, though he was like "I thought pastry was always more like a biscuit or a cake, this is totally different!"

ReputationRep:
    During a conversation about roast dinners the other day my friend admitted to the group that she had never tasted roast beef.

She was greeted with this: :lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut::lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shenanigan93)
    I have a friend who has never eaten any Chinese food. I found this out when she told me she "hated" Chinese food, then when I asked her why she confessed she'd never actually tried it ¬_¬
    I'd never had Chinese before this summer. My dad doesn't like foreign food, so we'd never had it at home, and I didn't ever get it when out with friends, because I had no idea what to get

ReputationRep:
    I'd never had a burrito until yesterday. Mind. Blown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    I'd never had a burrito until yesterday. Mind. Blown.

Though to be fair Riku, if you'd tried ANY MEXICAN FOOD EVER you'd have experienced a Burrito in some form; I swear half those dishes are the same thing/ingredients, but wrapped or presented in a different manner!

ReputationRep:
    Most of my mates never have had a Taco Bell, there's very few in the UK now. I love taking them all to Lakeside to take their tacoginity. All loved it thus far!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2011
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.