Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by gmsuranya)
    When I found out that i got rejected from Oxford everyone just kept saying don't worry whichever university you end up going to you'll be happy and also that it's Oxford's loss. This did make me feel a little better even though it still sucks to know they rejected you but just keep your head high because you know the only way from here is up!
    Indeed! Talking to other candidates, I quickly realised that the most enjoyable part of Oxford interviews was meeting new people and the atmosphere. Of course I'll miss the university but in the end it's the people around you that truly make you happy.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by punctuation)
    Well, I like the course, the culture, and generally the adventure. I don't really have any more reason than that.

Hm, well mostly people choose to go to the US, in fact I don't think anyone else in my year is applying to the UK.

Are you thinking of going to Bristol? I've applied there but I haven't gotten an offer... we might see each other there?

ETA: I think I'm using too many smileys for a rejection thread, haha.
    That's good enough reason to come here! The US application system for universities looks so daunting!

If I don't get an offer from York, it'll be my firm, otherwise it'll be my insurance so I might very well be going! We could start a little TSR group if we did Did you go for the same course at Bristol as you did at Oxford?

Aww, there's never such thing as too many smileys! I've mostly gotten over it now because I got the Bristol offer, I see you have Exeter and RHUL which are both great! RHUL reminded me a little of Hogwarts when I got there
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by FuzzySheep)
    That's good enough reason to come here! The US application system for universities looks so daunting!

If I don't get an offer from York, it'll be my firm, otherwise it'll be my insurance so I might very well be going! We could start a little TSR group if we did Did you go for the same course at Bristol as you did at Oxford?

Aww, there's never such thing as too many smileys! I've mostly gotten over it now because I got the Bristol offer, I see you have Exeter and RHUL which are both great! RHUL reminded me a little of Hogwarts when I got there
    Yeah, I applied for the same course. However, an admissions person told me that at Bristol, the philosophy portion is more with logic, so hmm not sure.

Haha yeah everyone tells me RHUL is like Hogwarts, and I quite like it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FuzzySheep)
    www.ucas.com/changechoices

It's to do with the OFFA fee changes at the beginning of the month, a very limited group of universities changed their funding arrangements. The link will explain it more. But you can't just change Oxford to any university - UEA was on the list of changed fees. UEA was the only "good" university on there, alongside Heythrop, and it was a bit fruitless for me because I got an AAB offer from Bristol this evening which is the same as UEA's
    Do you know if I can change one choice that I've withdrawn? I'm quite interested in Heythrop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schlegel)
    Do you know if I can change one choice that I've withdrawn? I'm quite interested in Heythrop.
    You might be able to change your Oxford application to a Heythrop application...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluteflute)
    You might be able to change your Oxford application to a Heythrop application...
    I've just done it waiting for their confirmation.

ReputationRep:
    I've just done it waiting for their confirmation.
    Ooh awesome Through the little formy thing? (not through Track?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluteflute)
    Ooh awesome Through the little formy thing? (not through Track?)
    Through the web form, yeah, which makes it a bit dodgy as it left no trace whatsoever. Track is officially frozen outside the 7-day frame. And I doubt ucas will even be working during xmas?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Really sorry for my late reply, seems like you've got an answer from someone else already! I see you've changed too I got my confirmation of change today, so I only waited a day! Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Through the web form, yeah, which makes it a bit dodgy as it left no trace whatsoever. Track is officially frozen outside the 7-day frame. And I doubt ucas will even be working during xmas?
    I'm sure they'll sort it all for you in January Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone I know just assumes I already got into Oxford.
    My friends keep asking if they can come visit me next year while I'm off at Oxford and my parents are pretty much telling everyone they know that I'm going to Oxford.

First off, this just adds a lot of pressure.
    But also, I try to be pessimistic about my chances so I don't get disappointed when I will (most likely) get rejected, but all these people are starting to make my scumbag brain think I will get into Oxford, which just makes everything worse.

Nevermind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punctuation)

Uhhhhhhhh. I don't think that helps, I can't remember.

I'm pretty easy to remember, I think. I was the Canadian girl.
    not sure how canadians are different from british people :P
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by blacklistmember)
    not sure how canadians are different from british people :P
    Well, as one of the few people without an English accent, I mean if we had conversed, you probably would have remembered me. that's what I meant. In Britain, non-British people are more memorable.

ReputationRep:
    changed to UEA today

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from Durham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Officially over Oxford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella-Christin)
    Just got an offer from Durham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Durham is amazing, you are going to get first class education here

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.