DaveSmith99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lovebite)
I'm hoping for that day that tobacco is no longer legal! the biggest cause of cancer and they only keep it legal for the amount of tax it generates.
Greed and selfishness...

May i ask why you chose to take drugs in the begining and why you continue? Just out of curiosity I'd like to understand why people do it...
The same reason people drink alcohol, its enjoyable. From the drugs I mentioned I have only taken cocaine and ketamine twice each, and pills once (and only because they were free, no reason to take pills when you can get good MDMA because of all rubbish they are cut with) and probably take MDMA about 10 times a year. I do smoke a lot of weed, but if depends on what I have on and how much money I have, so tend to go through phases of smoking daily, to phases of not smoking for a few weeks.

A lot of people have diets that will be causing them more harm than my drug use causes me.
Dr. Bassman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I agree
I'm completely against any recreational drug. Alcohol included...
I just don't see the point in poisoning your brain for a high and a little fun. People who say it's not bad for you... well it can't be good if you act like that haha.
My dad was always high and my mum drunk alot... so i would never do anything like that because i saw how it made them and over time they changed and only were happy when they had those drugs.

I would never wish another person to go through that and i think it's a positive thing that they are illegal. Should they be legalised i can't tell my child not to do what they want as they will [theoretically] be old enough to make their life choices. I just hope if the time comes they respect their bodies enough to make the wiser choice.
Drugs are really fun, everyone dies eventually, drugs are really fun.
Lovebite
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DaveSmith99)
The same reason people drink alcohol, its enjoyable. From the drugs I mentioned I have only taken cocaine and ketamine twice each, and pills once (and only because they were free, no reason to take pills when you can get good MDMA because of all rubbish they are cut with) and probably take MDMA about 10 times a year. I do smoke a lot of weed, but if depends on what I have on and how much money I have, so tend to go through phases of smoking daily, to phases of not smoking for a few weeks.

A lot of people have diets that will be causing them more harm than my drug use causes me.
But do you not think you should look after your body and brain? that sounds so gay haha... Or do you prefer to live life like it's your last day and not consider the future?

Sorry if that sounds bad. As someone who has never done drugs and doesn't want to i'm just curious
Lovebite
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Bassman)
Drugs are really fun, everyone dies eventually, drugs are really fun.
hahaha xD i see
So is ice skating! It's just easier to do sober
DudeRugs
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
But do you not think you should look after your body and brain? that sounds so gay haha... Or do you prefer to live life like it's your last day and not consider the future?

Sorry if that sounds bad. As someone who has never done drugs and doesn't want to i'm just curious
Most drugs aren't as dangerous as most people think. As long as they are taken in moderation they are no more dangerous than coffee. People can still do drugs and live a very healthy lifestyle.
Most people don't exercise, eat well and sleep enough. A combination of those 3 are (imo) the biggest danger to peoples health.

You could vaporize weed every day, do MDMA a few times a year, take LSD/shrooms every week and be healthier than a person who takes no drugs.
DaveSmith99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

I'm not that concerned about the effects they have on my mind and body as the only drugs I really take, MDMA and cannabis, are pretty safe. The only real concerns I have is the tobacco that goes into spliffs, and putting money into organised crime. These are both problems with prohibition itself, rather than problems with the drugs.
WhatsHisFace
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SubAtomic)
You mean like how hard it is for the youth to get hold of tobacco and alcohol every Friday and Saturday night of the year

And OP let them brag, just shows they are probably doing it for acceptance rather than enjoyment. Foolish.
It'd sure as hell be harder than getting it from their school friend...

Of course everyone should respect their own bodies, however some people try to claim that drugs can have negative effects, therefore should be illegal. In reality, all of the soft drugs (cannibus, most psychedelics, possibly some other substances) are relatively harmless. I think the point whoever you're quoting is trying to put across is that the harm of many drugs that some people fear isn't any worse than the constant abuse our body goes through on a daily basis. (fast/ proccessed foods, less exercise than previous generations, ect.)
Samus2
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by _Shmiley)
It's just people who brag about it because they've had one spliff, like man up.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
How do you mean brag?
Dr. Bassman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hahaha xD i see
So is ice skating! It's just easier to do sober
Ice skating is far more dangerous than the drugs I do.

Seriously though, I get that you're anti-drug, and I respect that, people are different. Just try and understand that everything in life carries a risk and that we only live once so might as well make the most of things. If you don't want to do drugs, that's fine, but don't go around telling other people what they should and do with their body unless they're clearly in need of it.
Samus2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DudeRugs)
Most drugs aren't as dangerous as most people think. As long as they are taken in moderation they are no more dangerous than coffee. People can still do drugs and live a very healthy lifestyle.
Most people don't exercise, eat well and sleep enough. A combination of those 3 are (imo) the biggest danger to peoples health.

You could vaporize weed every day, do MDMA a few times a year, take LSD/shrooms every week and be healthier than a person who takes no drugs.
This.
Lovebite
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DudeRugs)

i agree, a boy i know does drugs now and then. However he is always eating right and always exercising, i've never known him not on drugs so i can't say 'he's changed'. He looks after himself in evey other way but occasional drug abuse.
I suppose for me it is more about the worry of turning into a gomo or drinking alcohol and becoming depressed having one too many downs to pick up from. I also knew a girl whos mum smoked it once and it sparked her bi-polar which landed her in a mental hospital and she's still on medication to calm down.

It's just a big taboo hey. I think like alcohol it's just something you need to moderate and not let it consume your thoughts. However everyone reacts differently to different things so it is hard to judge and form an opinion on what is ok and what isn't.

Thanks for explaining
Lovebite
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DaveSmith99)
I'm not that concerned about the effects they have on my mind and body as the only drugs I really take, MDMA and cannabis, are pretty safe. The only real concerns I have is the tobacco that goes into spliffs, and putting money into organised crime. These are both problems with prohibition itself, rather than problems with the drugs.
Sometimes it's just easier to blame the drugs haha xD
Lovebite
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by WhatsHisFace)
It'd sure as hell be harder than getting it from their school friend...

Of course everyone should respect their own bodies, however some people try to claim that drugs can have negative effects, therefore should be illegal. In reality, all of the soft drugs (cannibus, most psychedelics, possibly some other substances) are relatively harmless. I think the point whoever you're quoting is trying to put across is that the harm of many drugs that some people fear isn't any worse than the constant abuse our body goes through on a daily basis. (fast/ proccessed foods, less exercise than previous generations, ect.)
I see, I think i don't understand it all and so when someone mentions drugs i link it to my parents, and i'm like ooo no!
I thought it just opened up a whole load of crazy in people.
It's hard to accept things you don't understand. I think i need to talk to a doctor about it haha
Lovebite
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ice skating is far more dangerous than the drugs I do.

Seriously though, I get that you're anti-drug, and I respect that, people are different. Just try and understand that everything in life carries a risk and that we only live once so might as well make the most of things. If you don't want to do drugs, that's fine, but don't go around telling other people what they should and do with their body unless they're clearly in need of it.
Sorry. I just feel when someone does drugs around me, or have done before i see them i'm like owh why did you do that to yourself!
I have nothing wrong with people doing it. For me it's like when everyone found out Britany Spears shaved her head... you're just like, why did you even need to?
But that's why i asked for someone to explain that for me.
_Shmiley
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Samus2)
How do you mean brag?
They will sit there and make up absolute crap about how it's so healthy and that anyone who doesn't do it is a pussy and not worth their time and how they do it and that their parents put it in their stockings for Christmas (I've actually heard people say this!!!) :rolleyes:
Captain Haddock
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RachelSophia)
Yes I did. I said hopefully I wont raise my child to be a druggy. Sooo they wont be arrested for consuming illegal substances.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Xperia S
So you're going to raise them the same way just about everyone who has taken drugs was raised? Nobody is raised to be a 'druggy', it just so happens that people are individuals and sooner or later your influence over their decisions will be severely diminished. You cannot reliably raise somebody to not take drugs, especially when they realise that the majority of anti-drug propaganda is based on lies and misinformation.

You have no way of knowing what your child will end up doing. So no, you didn't answer the question, you avoided it.
Dr. Bassman
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry. I just feel when someone does drugs around me, or have done before i see them i'm like owh why did you do that to yourself!
I have nothing wrong with people doing it. For me it's like when everyone found out Britany Spears shaved her head... you're just like, why did you even need to?
Man, there's a difference between addition and casual use. Addiction is a problem sure, but you can't assume that drugs make all people like that. It's the same way that fast food doesn't make everyone fat, just people who eat too much of it.
mikeyd85
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Same reason people get pissed.

To have fun. To relax. To lose their inhibitions. As a form of escapism. It's social.
nohomo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I try to avoid drugs. They've only done me harm. I'd advise people against using drugs. If their life already feels meaningful and they're happy, why risk messing that up? Otherwise, drugs could make it worse. In particular, I'd warn people against nicotine and alcohol. Don't be taken in by the friendly packaging: nicotine and alcohol can wreck your life.

This idea of "experimenting" with drugs is silly. It's just using drugs because you're bored. I've learned nothing from using drugs. Try studying or learning a real skill.
Lovebite
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mikeyd85)
Same reason people get pissed.

To have fun. To relax. To lose their inhibitions. As a form of escapism. It's social.
ok i was just asking i believe you haha. Each to their own

Man, there's a difference between addition and casual use. Addiction is a problem sure, but you can't assume that drugs make all people like that. It's the same way that fast food doesn't make everyone fat, just people who eat too much of it.
Yeahh, i said that in an earlier post that it's different for everyone isn't it. You never know how you or other people will react to it, some may be like nooo never again and others might then do it every day. But that's just another reason why i disagree with drug use... Don't feel like that's an attack on you, do what you like you don't sound like a meat head haha

(Original post by nohomo)
I try to avoid drugs. They've only done me harm. I'd advise people against using drugs. If their life already feels meaningful and they're happy, why risk messing that up? Otherwise, drugs could make it worse. In particular, I'd warn people against nicotine and alcohol. Don't be taken in by the friendly packaging: nicotine and alcohol can wreck your life.

This idea of "experimenting" with drugs is silly. It's just using drugs because you're bored. I've learned nothing from using drugs. Try studying or learning a real skill.
Agree with you completely +rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.49%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.39%
I don't think they'd understand (28)
18.18%
It might lead to more bullying (57)
37.01%
There's nothing they could do (43)
27.92%

Watched Threads

Latest