It Polls for Thee: Secretary General Election Time! Watch

Poll: Vote for your preferred SG. YOU HAVE SEVEN DAYS.
Nightowl (18)
60%
Wootcannon (2)
6.67%
Brimstone (9)
30%
Ahmed (0)
0%
ABSTAIN (1)
3.33%
This discussion is closed.
brimstone
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It seems that Wootcannon has an internet problem at the mo.
RichyP
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ah, isn't it a bit unfair having the election while he's not around?
UnaChance
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
So are we going for the record then?
RichyP
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yep, lets go for it
UnaChance
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hey, shall we do the mad thing and make the record really talking about the SG vote? *Shock* *Horror*
RichyP
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If everyone puts any questions and statements etc. in lots of small posts then we could probably do it.
UnaChance
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have a question!!!!

What do the candidates plan on doing about this Houses Plan if they are elected. It never got off the ground under Agent Smith. Brazil is just curious
RichyP
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As is the Ukraine
UnaChance
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes, Brazil and The Ukraine would like to know the candidates position on the houses system and how they hope to handle it if they are elected.

EDIT: Malta to wants to know !
RK
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Malta is interested in that too as we never fully understood it in the past.
Agent Smith
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by UnaChance)
I have a question!!!!

What do the candidates plan on doing about this Houses Plan if they are elected. It never got off the ground under Agent Smith. Brazil is just curious
It would have been nice, I admit, but with representatives coming and going like I don't know what, it proved impossible (for me, at least) to keep track of who was in what house, and to keep a relatively even balance of big/small powers in each one.
UnaChance
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah, It's a good idea but It would be quite hard to keep track of.
RichyP
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I agree, I like posting when ever I have time and not being obliged to post in certain weeks.

The idea of the house system came about in order to make MUN members post regularly. Perhaps a better way would be to have a minimum amount of activity for MUN members, e.g. at least 5 posts a week for members of the security council, and 5 post a month for people only in the General Assembly.
UnaChance
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Okay, I'm not in the SC but I post pretty much every day, if not, every few days.

Why the tighter rules for those in the SC, it'll just end up the SC are the only ones really posting
RichyP
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The numbers are only minimum numbers, so members can post as much as they want.

I suggested more commitment for the members of the SC because these tend to be the bigger more important countries.

Some people may want to join the MUN and only post every now and again. This would work fine if they represent a small nation that does not do much on the world stage. Larger nations like the US and China for example would require more active reps, so you could make a rule that says people representing "big important" countries must post more often. These "big important" nations tend to be in the SC, hence the suggestion for having SC members post more often.
RK
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I wouldn't have thought those not in the SC couldn't post more.
Sorry, I got lost in the stream of negatives there.

Agent Smith has edited my post to say the above. I can remember what was in this post originally now, nor what I'd posted and quoted...very confusing...

AGENT SMITH SAYS: HELP! I edited a post thinking it was mine! Damn these mod powers!
UnaChance
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well these are all idea's the candidates should be listening to.

Then we can vote in the MUN Carrot and we'll be up
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Agent Smith)
It would have been nice, I admit, but with representatives coming and going like I don't know what, it proved impossible (for me, at least) to keep track of who was in what house, and to keep a relatively even balance of big/small powers in each one.
Do I smell incompetency? :p:

j/k!
UnaChance
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I didn't like the houses idea at first, but I warmed to it, and I'm interested what the new SG is going to do with it
Longshoredrift80
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I dunno about the houses idea. Sometimes you get issues where you need two or three specific countries to participate (i.e. US/Mexico on immigration) and if they're in different groups they may well not be bothering with participating at the same time. And if you're going to distribute the 'powers' across groups what's that going to do for SC debates?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (11)
9.17%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (12)
10%
No, but maybe I will look into it (30)
25%
No and I wouldn't consider it (67)
55.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise