Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are your opinions on im so academic? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Many people never get to know me because they just don't like the way i look.
    How about your body though, you can change that...go to the gym and get hot that way?

(Original post by Carpediemxx)
    How about your body though, you can change that...go to the gym and get hot that way?
    True, but facial beauty matters a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damask-)
    She's so pathetic. Let me tell you something about imsoacademic. We were best friends in middle school. I know, right? It's so embarrassing. I don't even... Whatever. So then in eighth grade, I started going out with my first boyfriend Kyle who was totally gorgeous but then he moved to Indiana, and imsoacademic was like, weirdly jealous of him. Like, if I would blow her off to hang out with Kyle, she'd be like, "Why didn't you call me back?" And I'd be like, "Why are you so obsessed with me?" So then, for my birthday party, which was an all-girls pool party, I was like, "imsoacademic, I can't invite you, because I think you're lesbian." I mean I couldn't have a lesbian at my party. There were gonna be girls there in their *bathing suits*. I mean, right? She was a LESBIAN. So then her mom called my mom and started yelling at her, it was so retarded. And then she dropped out of school because no one would talk to her, and she came back in the fall for high school, all of her hair was cut off and she was totally weird, and now I guess she's on crack.
    All of this and Pizza John.

You are excellent.
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    Bull****. It is a solution to my problems.

Honestly, if I were to go to a counselor, they would just think that I'm a sex-starved maniac if anything.

We have different experiences because I know lots of people who treat me like **** because of the way I look.

Many people never get to know me because they just don't like the way i look.

I do put trust in people, but they push you away. It's not easy living life all alone when you have no one to depend on.

SSRIs aren't a solution.
    I'm really sorry that you feel that way, isa, and I really don't know how or if I can say anything that'll help, but you should at least know there are lots of people on TSR that want to see you happy. :hugs:

There are lots of different types of interventions like I said, SSRIs aren't the only medical intervention, nor is a counsellor the only person who can give you psychological help. Maybe you just haven't found the right person to help you yet.

ReputationRep:
    I always thought of you as a pretty girl who doesn't believe that she's pretty.

There are a few girls like that in the world (one in my flat at Uni - it's not her being modest either).

I'm not going to ask for a pic because I know what your response would be, but honestly, don't put yourself down so much

(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    I'm really sorry that you feel that way, isa, and I really don't know how or if I can say anything that'll help, but you should at least know there are lots of people on TSR that want to see you happy. :hugs:

There are lots of different types of interventions like I said, SSRIs aren't the only medical intervention, nor is a counsellor the only person who can give you psychological help. Maybe you just haven't found the right person to help you yet.
    I guess time is a great healer. We'll see what happens in the future. :moon:

(Original post by wibletg)
    I always thought of you as a pretty girl who doesn't believe that she's pretty.

There are a few girls like that in the world (one in my flat at Uni - it's not her being modest either).

I'm not going to ask for a pic because I know what your response would be, but honestly, don't put yourself down so much
    No seriously, if I were pretty, I would know it.

ReputationRep:
    And why would you say you weren't?

ReputationRep:
    I think you're alright tbf, you were pretty hilarious in the results day chat a few years ago

ReputationRep:
    Why should I change who I am just to be liked?
    Well, don't, if you don't want to. But if you're at all like this in the real world, you won't get as much help as you would if you were nicer.

If you're so insecure you have to put a thread on TSR asking for people's opinions of you, you may want to look at yourself and ask yourself why you are.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    And if you were academic, you would know it? Right?

And why would you say you weren't?
    There's nothing physically attractive about me.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing physically attractive about me.
    And you've judged that how?

And you've judged that how?
    1. Other people explicitly said to me on numerous occasions.
    2. From people's general behaviour.
    3. From the way people respond to me.
    4. From comparing myself with other girls.
    etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    That was beautiful. I'd like to think I helped inspire that.
    Indeed, Looking at the previous comments I couldn't help but think there was something to be worked with, and then the start of your post clicked it...

Haven't made a decent parody in a long time, might have a full crack at it tomorrow, but I don't im so academic that well, so will have to trawl through this thread and others for material, which again I am sure there is plenty to work with.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but you can still be very attractive to the opposite sex by having a great body. Worked with me to an extent

(Original post by Carpediemxx)
    Yeah but you can still be very attractive to the opposite sex by having a great body. Worked with me to an extent
    You're a guy. It's different.

ReputationRep:
    You're a guy. It's different.
    No, i am judged by every girl i see, the same way you are. Its all the same

ReputationRep:
    You ask for people's help and then actively do the opposite and shoot them down like they've told you jump off a cliff.
    You join debates where you state your opinion as fact, refuse requests to expand or justify and then wonder why people are being 'mean' to you.
    You make threads about yourself and hijack other people's threads and make them about yourself.
    You talk about things like marriage and kids and sex like you're the world's leading expert despite constantly saying you've never and will never get anywhere near having any of those things yourself.

You're either a really dedicated troll or just the most annoying person in the entire world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyLH)
    I think you're alright tbf, you were pretty hilarious in the results day chat a few years ago
    Link please.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.