Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Quite a lot, since a lot of applicants would be applying with similar grades, subjects, etc...
    figured so , could a strong PS make up for under-average ( LSE standards ) GCSE's though ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    figured so , could a strong PS make up for under-average ( LSE standards ) GCSE's though ?
    I'd assume so, remember LSE also look at your UMS in your individual modules so those could also help

ReputationRep:
    I'd assume so, remember LSE also look at your UMS in your individual modules so those could also help
    ah ok cheers yeah probably gonna apply to UCL as my ' ideal dream Uni ' haha and then Nottingham/Bath/York then another Uni which i don't know yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    ah ok cheers yeah probably gonna apply to UCL as my ' ideal dream Uni ' haha and then Nottingham/Bath/York then another Uni which i don't know yet
    Bristol is one you should take a look at.

I was hoping for Warwick but with all this GCSE talk (I only have 5A*) I might switch that to LSE if it's UMS scores they look at.

Can't decide which two out of Nottigham/Bath/Bristol/York though. They all seem great but I've missed the open days.

Anyone got an opinion on either of the 4 above?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Bristol is one you should take a look at.

I was hoping for Warwick but with all this GCSE talk (I only have 5A*) I might switch that to LSE if it's UMS scores they look at.

Can't decide which two out of Nottigham/Bath/Bristol/York though. They all seem great but I've missed the open days.

Anyone got an opinion on either of the 4 above?
    The best of those four are Bath (w/ placement) and Bristol (nothing between the two courses tbh, but Bristol has better rep overall and is a city whereas Bath is a tiny town which could help make a decision) and then Notts and then York I'd say

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiirankapoor)
    If u dont mind me asking what offers did you get from Cambridge, UCL and LSE. I want to apply there but really scared if id get offers or not. Grades are above average but not sure about PS and interview. Also, how did u find the application process at those unis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All were basically A*AA the A* was often had to be in maths and I know of many Cambridge offers which were A*A*A. My advice, just go for it. Bath, Exeter, Bristol etc. make offers to basically anyone with AAAA/AAAB at AS so there is no point in being safe with all your choices. You have nothing to lose from applying to all three of the unis you said, just try not to get your hopes up as if you do get rejected it would make it seem like going to somewhere like Bath makes you a failure (which is not true obviously)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amg_22)
    All were basically A*AA the A* was often had to be in maths and I know of many Cambridge offers which were A*A*A. My advice, just go for it. Bath, Exeter, Bristol etc. make offers to basically anyone with AAAA/AAAB at AS so there is no point in being safe with all your choices. You have nothing to lose from applying to all three of the unis you said, just try not to get your hopes up as if you do get rejected it would make it seem like going to somewhere like Bath makes you a failure (which is not true obviously)
    Ahhh aha thanksss. How did u find the interview at Cambridge? Also, LSE doesnt have interview does it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    LSE doesnt have interview does it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, only Oxbridge interview for Economics

ReputationRep:
    Nope, only Oxbridge interview for Economics
    Ohh okay. I guess personal statement will have to be pretty amazing for the other unis. "/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ohh okay. I guess personal statement will have to be pretty amazing for the other unis. "/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just noticed you turned 17, happy (belated) birthday! :party2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keith111)
    I also do not do further maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wow dude, you have seriously high expectations to get into LSE with just 1 A* at a-level and no further maths. It would be a miracle if you got in, in my honest opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh aha thanksss. How did u find the interview at Cambridge? Also, LSE doesnt have interview does it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I could talk about hours about my interviews (I had five). In short I felt like they did a really good job of making it interesting but at the same time challenging, I actually really enjoyed them (when I was doing well haha)

Where you thinking of applying?

ReputationRep:
    anyone go to Durham today ? thought it was a pretty mint day , the Economics and PPE lecture was interesting to say the least

ReputationRep:
    A*A*A for economics?! Wow...

ReputationRep:
    Just noticed you turned 17, happy (belated) birthday! :party2:
    Aha thank youuu

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I could talk about hours about my interviews (I had five). In short I felt like they did a really good job of making it interesting but at the same time challenging, I actually really enjoyed them (when I was doing well haha)

Where you thinking of applying?
    Ahh im so nervous about the entire process! Im thinking of Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, UCL and Nottigham/Bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahh im so nervous about the entire process! Im thinking of Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, UCL and Nottigham/Bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You do realise every single one of those ask for A*AA in their offers? You won't have an insurance :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    You do realise every single one of those ask for A*AA in their offers? You won't have an insurance :P
    Nottingham's offer is AAA-A*AA but your point is still valid

although i guess you could say apart from UCL and LSE , the others don't specify the A* in Maths , so if your stronger at another subject you could get the A* in that.... although that's one hell of a risky insurance hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    You're so lucky you're doing the whole A Level Maths in a year, so the offers in your case would be AA :P

ReputationRep:
    You're so lucky you're doing the whole A Level Maths in a year, so the offers in your case would be AA :P
    Unfortunately this isn't always the case :nope: Cambridge particularly may still insist on A*AA from three subjects taken in year 13

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.