Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Post a picture of the most beautiful country you've visited :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZRO)
    No offense to anyone here, just from my perspective they seem like they have given up lol. I'll just give a quick example:

In Canada, if you are standing in a shop queue, or on public transport, people aren't shy to start a conversation with any random stranger. However in the UK (not generalizing here as there are people who do) quite a few people like to just live in their "own world" and not interact with others. Maybe its me just being silly, but its nice when people who you have never met before interact with you as if you were someone they knew very well.
    Ah, I thought it might be something to do with random conversations! I can see how that could lead to culture shock to many visitors, though I personally prefer it this way as I'm rather introverted myself :^_^:.

This doesn't express my viewpoint, but I still think it's pretty funny:

ReputationRep:
    this little cove in California on the Big Sur is one of the most attractive places I've been too, also Yosemite National park is so beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vian)
    Ah, I thought it might be something to do with random conversations! I can see how that could lead to culture shock to many visitors, though I personally prefer it this way as I'm rather introverted myself :^_^:.

This doesn't express my viewpoint, but I still think it's pretty funny:

Haha I'll check the video out and yeah its a bit of a culture shock but we'll get used to it I guess!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate_louise21)
    Attachment 207231 Lebanon
    Lebanon <3 <3
    Miss it so much, can't wait till summer

ReputationRep:
    Iran! Went for the first time this year and fell in love! It's beautiful!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notsure)
    You studied at premier academy :0 my cousin did too :awesome:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    How did you know?! I am kinda lost... Well that's cool! What's his or her name? Shows how small the world has become!

ReputationRep:
    Oh haha

Are you from kenya?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup, it's an awesome place!!! Especially the coast and Masai Mara...

ReputationRep:
    namibia, hiking in the fish river canyon... breathtaking

Name:  fish-river-canyon_namibia.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  261.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lastlullabyy)
    Attachment 207299
    Canion Vedrun, France

Attachment 207300
    Port Grimund, France

Attachment 207301
    Monaco

Attachment 207302
    Tiran, Egypt

I don't have photos on that notebook from other travels But probably the most beautiful would be from Switzerland, Prague, Venice, Israel, Dubrovnik and whole Croatia... :rolleyes: so far.
    that does not look like monaco, that is over by cap ferrat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleurie)
    that does not look like monaco, that is over by cap ferrat?
    Oh maybe, I was that tired after hours of driving But it's close to Monaco... Sorry

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 207409
    Applecross in Scotland

Ahhh Applecross. Breathtakingly beautiful. And excellent food at the Applecross Inn!
    The Scottish Highlands are just beautiful. I love the Achiltibuie peninsula need Ullapool.Name:  IMAG0579.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  279.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's not like I've visited so many countries but Ireland is still my favourite and it's going to be hard to beat it unless I travel to a reaaally exotic place (which I don't see happening any time soon).

Name:  Kerry.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  78.5 KB
    Name:  558178_561361303893362_1952568540_n.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  106.4 KB
    Name:  542633_429100190489024_196188257_n.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  88.5 KB

I also loved Morocco and I find Chefchaouen particularly beautiful

Name:  249977,xcitefun-morocco-blue-1.jpg
Size:  72.6 KB
    Name:  8022846566_8c0161c401_z.jpg
Size:  277.7 KB
    Name:  CHEFCHAOUEN.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  164.4 KB
    Name:  400px-Chef_Chaouen_Maroc1.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  192.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinji)
    How did you know?! I am kinda lost... Well that's cool! What's his or her name? Shows how small the world has become!

(Original post by kinji)
    Yup, it's an awesome place!!! Especially the coast and Masai Mara...
    i kind of stalked your bio lol

She finished her gcse's and moved to london.....and shes not asian btw lol ( if you know what i mean)
    and yeah mombasa/lamu are totally beaut places! quite a lot of tourists there especially lamu with the italians :cool:

ReputationRep:
    i kind of stalked your bio lol

She finished her gcse's and moved to london.....and shes not asian btw lol ( if you know what i mean)
    and yeah mombasa/lamu are totally beaut places! quite a lot of tourists there especially lamu with the italians :cool:
    Ooh mombasa I have family there and in nairobi ! Idk if you've heard of leopard beach?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jco19)
    I expect flak for this from Toronto boosters, but far as I'm concerned, it's your typical North American Great Lakes region city. Flat, cluster skyline, has that "lived in" look, and a lot of residents think it's on par with New York or London. Toronto is kind of like Chicago light, but not much more than that. Don't get me wrong, Toronto is nice for what it is, but for a visitor, I wouldn't recommend more than a few days.
    Hmmm not going to argue about this with you but you recommending a few days? There is alot to do, you just need to know where to go...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZRO)
    Ooh mombasa I have family there and in nairobi ! Idk if you've heard of leopard beach?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah we stayed nearby the resort and same!:cool::cool:

ReputationRep:
    yeah we stayed nearby the resort and same!:cool::cool:
    Ooh my family own the hotel there ! I'm actually born in kenya haha! Are you asian?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZRO)
    Ooh my family own the hotel there ! I'm actually born in kenya haha! Are you asian?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    my parents and some of my family were born there but originally of arab descent my granparents own a salt company lol

ReputationRep:
    my parents and some of my family were born there but originally of arab descent my granparents own a salt company lol
    Ahh that's cool im originally of Indian decent lol we used to own a massive exhaust factory in Nairobi. Monopolized the whole industry in the 60s-70s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZRO)
    Ahh that's cool im originally of Indian decent lol we used to own a massive exhaust factory in Nairobi. Monopolized the whole industry in the 60s-70s

Posted from TSR Mobile
    according to my dad and photos's, In the 60's Nairobi was such a beautiful city as compared to now....such a shame that all the potentials kind of gone to waste in most places

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.