Leeds United

Neutral:
    Man United
    Arsenal
    Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pendulum3)
    Re list
    I've never understood English folk liking Celtic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pane123)

I'm technically not English, but British, I like Celtic because my aunty got me a football shirt from the charity in which she worked in and it turned out to be a Celtic shirt, I've always liked them after, but like I said, like, I know the club has political meanings which I don't associate my self with.

ReputationRep:
    I'm technically not English, but British, I like Celtic because my aunty got me a football shirt from the charity in which she worked in and it turned out to be a Celtic shirt, I've always liked them after, but like I said, like, I know the club has political meanings which I don't associate my self with.
    Haha, try telling a Celtic fan you like them because they're a British club! You might not come back from certain areas in one piece.

Anyway, I suppose you reasons are fair enough. I used to like Sunderland because I got given one of their tops with Quinn on the back and I liked him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    And the club in existence (i.e. - the one I'm talking about) has only been around 1 year and only has 1 title.
    Incorrect. Rangers are the same club. Well if you ask the SFA, UEFA and that weird club that all the biggest football teams are part of. Basically if you ask anyone but opposition fans. The club was transferred long before the holding company went bust.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Usually wannabe Irish people who have an Irish grandparent. The same sort of people who say they're Irish on St. Patrick's Day.

ReputationRep:
    Just re-read the posts in this thread. Some good entertainment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Liverpool

Did themselves no favours with the Suarez saga and their desperate attempts to defend him were good examples of how stupid the majority of football fans are. I hate the way their players constantly refer to the club as 'Liverpool Football Club' in every post match interview as if they deserve some sort of special respect :confused: I do respect their achievements though.
    Soo you hate it that they call their own club by its full name? The club is Liverpool football club, I dont know what you're getting at o_O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BayHarborButcher)
    Soo you hate it that they call their own club by its full name? The club is Liverpool football club, I dont know what you're getting at o_O
    Do Arsenal do it? Chelsea? Villa?

It's just further proof of their superiority complex that they feel they should be called 'Liverpool Football Club' all the time.

ReputationRep:

It's just further proof of their superiority complex that they feel they should be called 'Liverpool Football Club' all the time.
    Actually chelsea and Arsenal do, villa don't. Liverpool is a place, if they didn't say FC then they could be talking about the city! Manchester united, Manchester city? They don't just call themselves 'Manchester', same with Newcastle united etc.

ReputationRep:
    Actually chelsea and Arsenal do, villa don't. Liverpool is a place, if they didn't say FC then they could be talking about the city! Manchester united, Manchester city? They don't just call themselves 'Manchester', same with Newcastle united etc.
    I have never heard a player or member of the management refer to Arsenal or Chelsea by their full names. Everybody knows who they are, so saying Arsenal Football Club every five minutes would just be pompous.

And actually, Manchester United and Manchester City both have 'football club' in their names :rolleyes:. You're clutching at straws, I remember Joe Cole admitting players get briefed at Liverpool when they sign, what to say etc.

You're a Scouser aren't you?

ReputationRep:
    I have never heard a player or member of the management refer to Arsenal or Chelsea by their full names. Everybody knows who they are, so saying Arsenal Football Club every five minutes would just be pompous.

And actually, Manchester United and Manchester City both have 'football club' in their names :rolleyes:. You're clutching at straws, I remember Joe Cole admitting players get briefed at Liverpool when they sign, what to say etc.

You're a Scouser aren't you?
    I'm actually not a scouser, I'm a Cestrian, but the point is that just saying 'Liverpool' could mean anything really. Manchester city and united don't need the FC because you know what they are without it, same with Arsenal and Chelsea. Where I live we have Chester FC and everyone calls them by Chester FC not simply Chester.

ReputationRep:
    Like:

Arsenal
    Watford
    AS Roma
    Borussia Dortmund
    Real Madrid

Dislike:

Spurs
    Man United
    Chelsea
    Barcelona
    Inter Milan
    Lazio
    Celtic

ReputationRep:

This really annoys me, too.

'Liverpool Football Club', 'to be honest with you' and 'at the end of the day' are three expressions you are almost guaranteed to hear in any Liverpool player's post-match interview.

There is absolutely no ambiguity in referring to them as 'Liverpool'.

If you have just watched Liverpool Football Club play football, on a football pitch, and Steven Gerrard says something like 'Liverpool played well' and you think he is talking about the entire city of Liverpool, then you are an idiot.

ReputationRep:

'Liverpool Football Club', 'to be honest with you' and 'at the end of the day' are three expressions you are almost guaranteed to hear in any Liverpool player's post-match interview.
    And 'irrrrrm y'know', don't forget that.

If you have just watched Liverpool Football Club play football, on a football pitch, and Steven Gerrard says something like 'Liverpool played well' and you think he is talking about the entire city of Liverpool, then you are an idiot.
    :eek:

Welcome to the sensible club, pane123.

ReputationRep:

And 'irrrrrm y'know', don't forget that.

:eek:

Welcome to the sensible club, pane123.
    To be fair, don't a lot of teams do this? You hear managers say stuff like "the football club just wants to win football matches" :rolleyes:

Actually that's not really the same thing but it's annoying anyway

ReputationRep:
    Re list

Like:
    Tottenham
    BVB
    Celtic
    St Pauli
    Sevilla
    AC Milan
    Aston Villa
    Nottingham Forrest

Dislike:
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Milllwall
    Leeds United

Neutral:
    Man United
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Arsenal on your neutral and dislike list?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    To be fair, don't a lot of teams do this? You hear managers say stuff like "the football club just wants to win football matches" :rolleyes:

Actually that's not really the same thing but it's annoying anyway
    Not really, you hear 'Liverpool Football Club' being said regularly.

Anyway...

Throwing cups of human faeces onto other fans.

http://espnfc.com/news/story?id=362170&cc=5739

Liverpool have apologised to Manchester United for the behaviour of their fans during last month's highly-charged FA Cup tie at Anfield.

The club and Merseyside Police have carried out an investigation after a number of incidents where United fans at the Anfield Road end were attacked by home supporters.

There was one incident of human excrement being thrown towards United supporters as well as coins and food being aimed in their direction.
    Oh and they threw a flare into the home fans end in the League Cup on Wednesday.

ReputationRep:

No you dip****, it's not just the players that say LFC, it's the fans too incase you didn't know. Hates gonna hate!

ReputationRep:
    like:barca and dotmound
    dilike:Real madrid

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.