Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissGJones)
    Hi guys Can I be added to the facebook group too? I've just moved to London and I don't know a lot of people. It's a bit difficult to make friends here and I want to meet new people.
    Hey, sorry for the slow reply! Just send me a private message with a link to your fb profile and I'll add you as a friend and then to the group

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

I've recently moved to North West London and would appreciate being added to the Facebook group.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I am actually in a very similar situation, 22yo, broke up with my long distance bf a few months back and now working from home in a very quiet house in North London!
    It is really hard to meet people in London!

ReputationRep:
    Hi- I'm also in a similar situation. Although I grew up in London, most of my home friends didn't go to Uni and have moved on and far on in their lives e.g. getting married, have small kids. I would love to be added to the FB group as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glider3560)
    Hi all

I've recently moved to North West London and would appreciate being added to the Facebook group.

(Original post by G.How)
    Hey! I am actually in a very similar situation, 22yo, broke up with my long distance bf a few months back and now working from home in a very quiet house in North London!
    It is really hard to meet people in London!
    Hey, if you want to be added to the group just send me a message with a link to your Facebook profile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm a female who has lived in London for several years, unfortunately when I was seeing my boyfriend I spent all of my time with him. We split up several months ago and I really don't have any friends...is anyone here in the same position as me? I'm looking to go out & enjoy London! Please let me know if you're in the same boat as I am! :-)

i would like to meet up and do something like cooking or baking classes

does anyone here not a keen drinker?

also anyone under the age of 22 ?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi there! Basically, I'm fairly new in London and I want to meet some friends but I'm having a bit of a hard time.

---

Sorry for the rambling message! Does anyone have any suggestions for websites and things aimed at meeting people? Most of the ones I've seen arrange huge meet ups and although I'm not too shy, I do get a bit intimidated by large numbers of people.

Thanks again for the hep!
    Welcome to London, and to the latter part of what you said. Meet-up social sites are available to you, and they are a blessing, as it helps you to sign up to groups that meet your needs, and your likes. I personally love going to new ones that perhaps are more my scene to start with, familiarise yourself with the members and make new friends, that like the same things as you. Not saying your friends don't but having an external group might be just what you need to break the rut or similarities you've been doing. Some groups are great at going on day trips away from town, which might be a welcomed break from the monotony of London life

(Original post by Jennifer B.)
    Hi,
    I'm a female who has lived in London for several years, unfortunately when I was seeing my boyfriend I spent all of my time with him. We split up several months ago and I really don't have any friends...is anyone here in the same position as me? I'm looking to go out & enjoy London! Please let me know if you're in the same boat as I am! :-)
    SNAP! kinda, but love to find new things to do in London, as its such a unique city, from what I am experiencing of late. What kind of things do you like to do? Add me if you want, and we can PM anytime if you want to chat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by josephperkins92)
    Ok, so we've now got a Facebook group set up! If you want me to add you to the group just send me a private message on here.
    Hi there, im totally new to this site and London too! I basically cant get to send my link to you by private message, what is the other way to getting added to that group? if you dont mind thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi there! Basically, I'm fairly new in London and I want to meet some friends but I'm having a bit of a hard time.

A bit of background story, my boyfriend recently broke up with me, and although it was long distance, I guess I relied on him quite a lot for my social interactions. I've got friends but mainly from back home and I don't get to see them as much as I'd like. I work full time and even though I've only been there for a few months I've already worked my way up a bit, but most of my colleagues are older, married and have children so although I get on with them well I don't really meet up with them outside of work.

I currently live in a shared house and although I'm on friendly terms with my housemates, they're only staying in London for a few months maximum, and the house doesn't have a living room so most stay in their bedrooms.

I'm looking for people to spend some time with. I'm looking for good friends and, without being too forward, I'd love it if I made friends good enough that some time in the future we could share a nicer flat together, instead of house sharing with people I don't know where it's fairly unsocial...I'm looking for people to make plans with for Saturday afternoons and after work. At the moment after I finish work unless on the rare occasion I am seeing friends from back home I usually just go home and hang out in my room. Which gets a bit depressing after a while. I'm making ok money now and I'd love to go out with people and enjoy my time in London, but I don't know where to start.

Sorry for the rambling message! Does anyone have any suggestions for websites and things aimed at meeting people? Most of the ones I've seen arrange huge meet ups and although I'm not too shy, I do get a bit intimidated by large numbers of people.

Thanks again for the hep!
    hi? there Im new to London too, and basically staying home/room all time excluding my school days, and luckily found this site and really grateful to know that there is people have similar issues like me. Let e introduce myself My name is Nomiko and im from MOngolia, staying 7th month in London studying as accountant, and turned 20 this year. Hope you will reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09aimeeaimee)
    Hey

Im 21, moved to london 2 months ago after graduating in fashion, tried various websites to meet new people on, but just end up with older people messaging me!

Not what im looking for! haha. Why is it so hard to meet people same age when you move to a new city and have just graduated??

Join me to this meeting, add me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/aimee.knight.33
    Haha! Exactly same problem here! There is some web sites called meetup, citysocializer etc i was so desperate to registering those kind of sites to make friends here hha, but seriously wasnt my intention. Much older people especially men asking phone numbers etc. but hopefully find what ive been searching from here actually waiting for respond from that fb group

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Nomingerel)
    Haha! Exactly same problem here! There is some web sites called meetup, citysocializer etc i was so desperate to registering those kind of sites to make friends here hha, but seriously wasnt my intention. Much older people especially men asking phone numbers etc. but hopefully find what ive been searching from here actually waiting for respond from that fb group

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm on meet up. I prefer it to any other social sites, as it helps to link to my Facebook and I know if friends are a part of it and we can meet up. There's so many different groups on there that you can tailor it to your likes and dislikes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm moving to London in November so I need to make a few new chums

ReputationRep:
    There are literally thousands of social clubs and activities in London. Have you tried these?It seems the obvious solution.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I m new in London too. I m here because i m following a course.
    I d like to know new people for having a drink with or go around the city an so on.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've just moved to London and I'm working here for a year as part of my course before I go back to uni. Bit bored and want something to do after work and on weekends... I want to make the most my year here! Message me if you're in a similar situation and we could maybe organise something to do!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am from east London would be great to meet some new friends as my old ones never have time to spend together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cataleya27)
    Hi I am from east London would be great to meet some new friends as my old ones never have time to spend together
    How are you?

(If you want to suggest a meetup, make it a public place where everyone can see each other)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    How are you?

(If you want to suggest a meetup, make it a public place where everyone can see each other)
    Hi im fine and thank you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.