The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by stealth_writer
and the very final question about rate of Iodine disappearing or what not

cheers!

I think I got the disappearance question guys :3

After some searching, it's just to do with the moles - granted I had to go back a bit to see the molar ratios
rate of disappearance of I- is the rate of production times 2 because I- to I2 are in a 2:1 ratio!

S2O82- + 2I- --> I2 +2SO42-

So just to put things in context the rate of disappearance of S2O82- would be the same as the reaction rate (as the 1:1 ratio) and the rate of production of 2SO42- would be 2 times the rate of iodine production cause of the moles!!

:biggrin: hope that helps (and is correct) it seems to make sense though
(edited 10 years ago)
Can anyone explain to me how you work out the repeating unit? For example 1ai in the january 2013 paper please
Reply 202
make sure to get lots of sleep people! I didn't get much last night and feel it affected my exam this morning :frown:( so make sure y'all are ready and make sure you know all of the experimental techniques like reflux and recrystallisation!!

and Good luck for tomorrow!!!!
if i draw the polarity signs on unnecessary atoms will i lose marks?
Untitled.png

for example on 3b jan 2013, I usually would have drawn those extra ones in red. will I get penalised for that? not sure when to do it on the atom behind since i see it done like that sometimes but not other times
Original post by Kreayshawn
if i draw the polarity signs on unnecessary atoms will i lose marks?
Untitled.png

for example on 3b jan 2013, I usually would have drawn those extra ones in red. will I get penalised for that? not sure when to do it on the atom behind since i see it done like that sometimes but not other times

No you won't get penalised; I would've done the same, as it's best to be safe :smile:
Original post by Tikara
I think I got the disappearance question guys :3

After some searching, it's just to do with the moles - granted I had to go back a bit to see the molar ratios
rate of disappearance of I- is the rate of production times 2 because I- to I2 are in a 2:1 ratio!

S2O82- + 2I- --> I2 +2SO42-

So just to put things in context the rate of disappearance of S2O82- would be the same as the reaction rate (as the 1:1 ratio) and the rate of production of 2SO42- would be 2 times the rate of iodine production cause of the moles!!

:biggrin: hope that helps (and is correct) it seems to make sense though

Yah! I also finally got this today! Such a cheeky question tbh. Cheers for writing it out; I'll laugh if they ask us the same tomorrow :tongue:
What is the charge on an ethanediote ligand????
Reply 207
Original post by hannah1994
What is the charge on an ethanediote ligand????

2-, and it's ethanedioate
Original post by Dualcore
2-, and it's ethanedioate

thankyou :smile: and ah yeah
Reply 209
Original post by hannah1994
thankyou :smile: and ah yeah

No problem :biggrin:
All the best everyone for tomorrow. I'm guessing it's the last exam for the majority, so try your best to end on a massive high! Best of luck :smile: x
Reply 211
anyone pulling an all-nighter?
Reply 212
Me too bro. T_T with you guys on this

-Worst bit is. I have an exam on thurs. And friday.
Reply 213
Could someone help me with question Q2biii January 2011 :frown: I'm really stuck for some reason
I thought when finding order with respect to one substance the other two have to be constant concentration right? for each row? So confused! Could someone try explain ^^''
Reply 214
Physics by chance :frown: ?
Reply 215
Oh man Good luck !! ^^ It'll be fine hopefully :smile:
I stayed up all of last night for C4, then came home and procrastinated for a bit and woke up like an hour or so ago so now i'm gonna end up doing an all nighter, but hey ho, exams finish tomorrow and i'm gonna sleep for a week straight.
Original post by nukethemaly
I stayed up all of last night for C4, then came home and procrastinated for a bit and woke up like an hour or so ago so now i'm gonna end up doing an all nighter, but hey ho, exams finish tomorrow and i'm gonna sleep for a week straight.

Same- all nighter for bio on monday and now again.

#WhoNeedsSleep?

#CirclingChiralCarbonsInstead
Yeah I saw your post on the unit 4 thing for the unit 5 paper haha, I did okay on it but I'm scared grade boundaries will be high and I won't get an A*/A
Biology unit 5 grade boundaries don't shift much I don't think.

Also, there were less data response questions which although time consuming are generally considered to be pretty easy marks, no easy 5 marker core practical question either.

Latest

Trending

Trending