The Student Room Group

TSR Non-Drinkers Freshers Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zbaxter1
I'm going to study Psychology there and I have a conditional for two Cs in my advanced highers which seeem to be going fine do I should get in :P I have heard that it is really lovely there, I'll tell you how the applicants day goes if you like, so you have some idea although I don't doubt you have done your research :wink:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I would really like to hear what you think! I've mostly looked at pictures and on Google Earth! Do you know what accommodation you'll apply to?
Reply 201
Original post by BooksOfWonder
I would really like to hear what you think! I've mostly looked at pictures and on Google Earth! Do you know what accommodation you'll apply to?

I shall let you know how that goes then :smile: I'm not entirely sure about accommodation I'll probably look into that next week but probably the cheapest which is Geddes court but I noticed they didn't have a freezer and it would be handy meal wise to have a freezer I think so maybe polwarth or muirhead as they are second cheapest and have freezes, not sure about ensuite rooms, I was mainly jut looking at standard rooms as I don't really mind sharing. (I say that now...but opinions could possibly change :P ) apologies for poor grammar :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zbaxter1
I shall let you know how that goes then :smile: I'm not entirely sure about accommodation I'll probably look into that next week but probably the cheapest which is Geddes court but I noticed they didn't have a freezer and it would be handy meal wise to have a freezer I think so maybe polwarth or muirhead as they are second cheapest and have freezes, not sure about ensuite rooms, I was mainly jut looking at standard rooms as I don't really mind sharing. (I say that now...but opinions could possibly change :P ) apologies for poor grammar :lol:
Posted from TSR Mobile

It's okay! I'm thinking of Muirhead, Polwarth or Fraser of Allander!
Reply 203
It's okay! I'm thinking of Muirhead, Polwarth or Fraser of Allander!

Oh cool!!! All of those have freezers (cause that's the thing to focus on :lol: ) so I should be there...somewhere haha, looks like I will know a friendly face if I see you :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlexanderCLea
There are others out there?! :shock: Hooray! I was genuinely worried about the whole alcohol thing because, bar the odd cider, I don't drink, and neither do my parents really. I don't see the attraction of it really, as most alcoholic stuff just isn't to my taste, so why would I want to drink it?

By the way, I'm a prospective Cardiff fresher in September, studying Chemistry.

I'm in two minds about Cardiff! I want to study law but don't know whether to stay at home in Gloucestershire or venture to Cardiff! I'm also a non-drinker and put off by the reputation of Cardiff's nightlife.. glad there is someone going to Cardiff like me! :biggrin:
Original post by CaffeineRabbit
This thread is brilliant! Hopeful 2013 Law Student.

I'm also hoping to study law! which universities have you applied too?:biggrin:
Reply 206
Any Bath firmers here?!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nayrichards7
I'm also hoping to study law! which universities have you applied too?:biggrin:

Yay! Hello fellow future Law student :biggrin:
I applied to Cambridge, Dundee, LSE, Manchester and Queen's Belfast. I firmed Cambridge and insured Queens. How about you?
Reply 208
Original post by amholcroft
Waw UEA gave you a high offer! If you ever need any help pm me my friends say I'm a good teacher ha!

They gave me the standard ABB inc biology offer :confused:

But that was the reason I didn't apply to York

Many thanks :hugs:
Original post by constantmeowage
Hooray! :smile:

Languages, you? :smile:

:smile:

Creative Writing :woohoo:
Original post by lilGem
What uni are you guys planning on going to? :h:

Bath Spa hopefully!

What about you? :smile:
Reply 211
Original post by emmahebron13
Bath Spa hopefully!

What about you? :smile:

UEA :smile:

Bath is lovely!
Original post by KingMessi
Yes, I suppose that makes sense. In fact, is a 9 A.M. lecture on quantum mechanics fun even without the hangover? :erm: :dontknow:

The lecturer we had for that module was lovely. massive fan of chalk and talk and his definition of using technology was using the overhead projector in the lecture theatre. He's also a fellow of the royal society, so he's a VERY clever man.
Original post by lilGem
They gave me the standard ABB inc biology offer :confused:

But that was the reason I didn't apply to York

Many thanks :hugs:

Oooooh I must have gotten the wrong end of the stick, well in the highly likely event of me being unable to get an AAB I'll get itn touch with you before freshers ha ha!

No worries it actually helps me learn things too! :smile:
Original post by .snowflake.
The lecturer we had for that module was lovely. massive fan of chalk and talk and his definition of using technology was using the overhead projector in the lecture theatre. He's also a fellow of the royal society, so he's a VERY clever man.

Oh, well, that's excellent. I don't mind chalk and talk, only in the English Faculty the chalk makes the most dreadful noise against the blackboard. :eek2: It must be very enjoyable, not to mention informative, being taught by somebody that intelligent.
Original post by constantmeowage
Well, luckily what I watch I can get on BBC iPlayer. I suppose I could wangle the Sky stuff, but I'm not the greatest of fans on their output. I'll just get withdrawl symptoms every time I know there's an event on that I'm missing. :frown:

Thank you very much, sir. I am to assume that this lets me off the hook...?

I may have to invest in one, it seems. :smile: Now it's just the matter of lugging it back and forth between here and home, amongst all my other belongings which I definitely need, but will never use. :confused: Well, there's a lot of me, so it always gets it wrong and leaves me even more demoralised than when I start. >.< *misunderstood*

Well, do not BBC cover most of the races? I could be hugely wrong as I'm not a motor racing fan, but I seem to remember BBC showing F1. If not see if you can find someone very nice who will let you watch their Sky? I do understand, though. :console:

Erm, no. :lolwut: That reminded me of Jean Valjean speaking to Javert in Les Mis.

'Yes! It means I'm freeeee...'

'No.':teehee:

Oh, well - to me it's worth it. I've always found some form of exercise to be an absolute necessity. Surely you will be meticulous and only bring the necessities to university with you? :lol:

It's an Unconditional as I'm on a gap year! I haven't visited it because it is too far away!

Oh that's great! What are you going to study? What is your offer? I have never been there before! I can't go to the applicant day unfortunately!

Ah. I see. So will the first time you see it be in September?
Original post by KingMessi
Well, do not BBC cover most of the races? I could be hugely wrong as I'm not a motor racing fan, but I seem to remember BBC showing F1. If not see if you can find someone very nice who will let you watch their Sky? I do understand, though. :console:

Erm, no. :lolwut: That reminded me of Jean Valjean speaking to Javert in Les Mis.

'Yes! It means I'm freeeee...'

'No.':teehee:

Oh, well - to me it's worth it. I've always found some form of exercise to be an absolute necessity. Surely you will be meticulous and only bring the necessities to university with you? :lol:

Indeed, but only half of the events are live. The others are highlighted, so I'm not really missing much :smile: Luckily I'm not too avid on football, so I won't miss Sky too much. :smile: I'll just have to avoid the news like the plague! :smile:

...if I just get my hot chocolate powder from a PG Tips box, is that excusable? (Despite the inevitable disgusting aftertaste I will suffer)

But everything is necessary! How am I supposed to know whether my VHS won't come in handy once?
Geography at RHUL anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 218
Original post by winningjojo
Geography at RHUL anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not quite. Applied for psychology at RHUL, though! :smile:
What a good idea :smile: thought I'd introduce myself, very occasional drinker here (even then nothing more than one drink) and I'll hopefully be studying medicine in September :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending