The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by poyyo
HELP!!!

So as you know it's results day tomorrow, and I have no idea what my results are.

I had already applied to accommodation months ago on the first day, but I just logged into the accommodation portal now and it says that I have no bookings. Does this mean that I've been rejected from Bath (my firm choice)??? someone please help me

edit: its looks like me and lanadelrey are having the same problems which is kind of reassuring, but I'd still like to make sure that it's like this for everyone?? thanks

same thing here

Does anyone know if accomodation is allocated when we meet the offer or when we actually accept the offer?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by poyyo
HELP!!!

So as you know it's results day tomorrow, and I have no idea what my results are.

I had already applied to accommodation months ago on the first day, but I just logged into the accommodation portal now and it says that I have no bookings. Does this mean that I've been rejected from Bath (my firm choice)??? someone please help me

edit: its looks like me and lanadelrey are having the same problems which is kind of reassuring, but I'd still like to make sure that it's like this for everyone?? thanks

me too :smile:
Reply 202
Original post by mathsman77

i'm having the same problem! but I've been accepted for bath so I don't think it means we've been rejected, must be a system thing or something? when are we supposed to find out which accommodation we have been accepted for?
Reply 203
help please someone!
I have now firmed Bath after it being my 2nd choice, I still can't apply for Accommodation on the website.
Anyone else having this problem?

Comes up with.
"Currently your course offer status does not meet the requirements required for you to use this system."
Hello,
I am a member of staff from the Accommodation Office atUniversity of Bath. The message"Currently your course offer status does not meet the requirements required for you to use this system" usually relates to insurance candidates who try to register for accommodation, our online system will not allow insurance choice students to register for accommodation. Please note if you have firmed Bath after originally it being your insurance choice then our system may need a couple of days before your details are updated, eg it still recognises you as an insurance candidate, not one who is firm with Bath. To be honest the online application is closed now anyway, as it has been since 1 July, the registration phase is the only part currently available. We will publish news of how to apply on a waiting list for University Accommodation at http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accommodation/applying/index.html from 19 August. Applicants who had previously selected Bath as insurance choice but have now firmed are advised to check this weblink from Monday 19 August foradvise on their next steps for accommodation. Hope this helps.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Alexn159
help please someone!
I have now firmed Bath after it being my 2nd choice, I still can't apply for Accommodation on the website.
Anyone else having this problem?

Comes up with.
"Currently your course offer status does not meet the requirements required for you to use this system."

Hey Alexn159,

Here is the link to the website where you can register your interest for accommodation at the University of Bath:
https://isecure.bath.ac.uk/eaccommodation/register.aspx

The username and password are the same as what you would have used on the UCAS Application Tracker.

Regards,

Chris
Reply 206
Original post by University Of Bath
Hey Alexn159,

Here is the link to the website where you can register your interest for accommodation at the University of Bath:

The username and password are the same as what you would have used on the UCAS Application Tracker.

Regards,

Chris

I had to do that to get the Criteria not met message, but as the other post said I will have to wait until the 19th to actually apply to anywhere then I assume.
Thank you.
Original post by Alexn159
I had to do that to get the Criteria not met message, but as the other post said I will have to wait until the 19th to actually apply to anywhere then I assume.
Thank you.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that is correct, you will have to wait to the 19th.

Chris
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 208
Hello,

I've been accepted for my firm offer at Bath and I was wondering is there anything I need to do in regards to accommodation? Could someone help me with the process and the dates and how I find out please?

Many thanks in advance.
Original post by Owniee
Hello,

I've been accepted for my firm offer at Bath and I was wondering is there anything I need to do in regards to accommodation? Could someone help me with the process and the dates and how I find out please?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Owniee,

If you have already applied for accommodation then there is nothing that you need to do. We will email confirmation of the accommodation allocations by the 9 September at the latest.

If you are yet to apply for accommodation for any reason then please check our accommodation webpages (http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accommodation/applying/index.html) from 19 August for news on when/how you can apply to be placed on a waiting list for University accommodation.

Further information can be found by visiting our accommodation webages.
I hope this helps!

Steve
I'm in Marlborough MA8:1, anyone close?
Reply 211
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi Owniee,

If you have already applied for accommodation then there is nothing that you need to do. We will email confirmation of the accommodation allocations by the 9 September at the latest.

If you are yet to apply for accommodation for any reason then please check our accommodation webpages (http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accommodation/applying/index.html) from 19 August for news on when/how you can apply to be placed on a waiting list for University accommodation.

Further information can be found by visiting our accommodation webages.
I hope this helps!

Steve

Is there any possible way of getting it before the 9th? I will be going on holiday on the 7th and I just want to see if it would be possible to sort out before I go.
Original post by Owniee
Is there any possible way of getting it before the 9th? I will be going on holiday on the 7th and I just want to see if it would be possible to sort out before I go.

Hi Owinee,

September 9th will be the latest date that we will confirm allocations so hopefully you will hear before you go away, but I am afraid we cannot guarantee that we will be able to confirm before that date.

If you have already applied then there is nothing further you need to do re. accommodation at this stage, so you will not be disadvantaged if you are away when allocations are confirmed (and as we will be emailing hopefully you will be able to pick up your emails to check your allocation).

Thanks,

Steve
PSA: would you tell everyone on the Internet your home address? No? So don't just broadcast your room number.
Original post by mathsman77

Apologies for any confusion. As the accommodation application is currently closed it is not possible to view applications that were submitted before 1 July (when the application was live). Please do not worry about getting the message 'you have no applications', this is just because we have closed the application down so no previously submitted applications are picked up by the accommodation portal. If you would like to check we have your application from earlier in the year (which I am sure we will have) give us a call on 01225 386732 - this the Accommodation Office Undergraduate contact number.

Best Regards, Student Accommodation Office
Had a bit of a problem with my results. I had to get AAB, which I did but one of the As wasn't cashed in to UCAS by my school, so i received a rejection. I'm in the process of fixing it at the moment. But does this mean my original accommodation application will be completely scrapped, or once I've been accepted will my application be reinstated? If anyone knows the answer that'd be helpful thanks.
When do we apply for accommodation? I have an unconditonal offer.
Original post by jilebinator
When do we apply for accommodation? I have an unconditonal offer.

Hey jilebinator

Congratulations on your offer!
You can apply for accommodation through this website:

Please be aware that you won't be able to register until Monday 19th at 10am.

The username and password are the same as the ones you used for your UCAS track.

Regards,

Chris
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by atribecalledWest
Had a bit of a problem with my results. I had to get AAB, which I did but one of the As wasn't cashed in to UCAS by my school, so i received a rejection. I'm in the process of fixing it at the moment. But does this mean my original accommodation application will be completely scrapped, or once I've been accepted will my application be reinstated? If anyone knows the answer that'd be helpful thanks.

Hi atribecalledwest,

Thanks for your message. The best thing that you can do is call one of our members of staff and they will be able to go through this problem with you.
The number is: 01225 430202

Regards,

Chris
Reply 219
Hi,

I've been unconditionally accepted into bath... good stuff :smile:

Only thing i'm thinking about is that btec students who received their offers earlier (like 3 weeks ago) have been given their accommodation contracts already (which isn't a problem) but I was wondering as to whether this means I have less of a chance to get my first choice accommodation even though I applied for it on the first day that the process was available, due to being told it works on a first-come first-serve basis:confused:

Latest