Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A Look at Feminism - From a Different Perspective Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jreid1994)
    Emotional? About what exactly? So the fact that most rapists come from single parent families is not a problem?
    And the fact that women get sole custody of a child by default is good? And I'm being harsh and sexist towards women by using statistics?

Come on, no one on earth goes into a custody court with the intention of losing their child.
    Either women push the men away, or there is serious bias in favor of women in custody battles, ironically females dominate family courts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're looking at this all through some very misogyny tinted glasses. Why are you blaming the mothers, who stayed with their children and raised them, rather than the fathers who left them and are probably the reason for those children getting messed up?

I'd recommend you rethink your horribly biased opinions, and try reading this. It answers all your hypothetical problems with women, and explains feminism nice and easy for you. Good read. http://jezebel.com/5992479/if-i-admi...lling-prophecy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edithwashere)
    You're looking at this all through some very misogyny tinted glasses. Why are you blaming the mothers, who stayed with their children and raised them, rather than the fathers who left them and are probably the reason for those children getting messed up?

I'd recommend you rethink your horribly biased opinions, and try reading this. It answers all your hypothetical problems with women, and explains feminism nice and easy for you. Good read. http://jezebel.com/5992479/if-i-admi...lling-prophecy
    The men didn't leave, they got pushed away, considering women initiate 70% of divorce cases.

What tinted glasses? How am I being chauvinistic? So I'm a chauvinist by wanting split custody to be normal? If that's the case, then call me a chauvinist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    An example http://stream.aljazeera.com/story/20...=MasterAccount

ReputationRep:
    The men didn't leave, they got pushed away, considering women initiate 70% of divorce cases.

What tinted glasses? How am I being chauvinistic? So I'm a chauvinist by wanting split custody to be normal? If that's the case, then call me a chauvinist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But you think women initiate those divorce cases because of some malice and money-stealing agenda. You're treating women like the bad guys, in all situations, when you're not even using individual cases as evidence for your argument. You're just generalising, using stats from one MRA website, and then getting all het up about it.

If you'd read the article I linked, you'd have realised that feminists actually want men to get more custody, because the reason most women are given custody of the kids is that they're seen as the primary care givers - because they're women. That's sexist to men and women. That's what feminists want to stop. Shock horror, since that's what you want, maybe even you could be a feminist, you just don't know it yet :eek:

ReputationRep:
    An example of what? Different perspectives of feminism? If so, then yeah, it is.

I saw this comment on a thread about the femen/anti femen thing, thought it summed it up pretty well:

"I think both are important messages...women's bodies should be theirs to use as they choose, what they wear (or don't wear) should not be policed by anyone, period. When we get into a war of which women are right or wrong we construct a violent binary which encourages separation instead of fighting the patriarchy which says what women should do we end up fighting one another...."

ReputationRep:
    But you think women initiate those divorce cases because of some malice and money-stealing agenda. You're treating women like the bad guys, in all situations, when you're not even using individual cases as evidence for your argument. You're just generalising, using stats from one MRA website, and then getting all het up about it.

If you'd read the article I linked, you'd have realised that feminists actually want men to get more custody, because the reason most women are given custody of the kids is that they're seen as the primary care givers - because they're women. That's sexist to men and women. That's what feminists want to stop. Shock horror, since that's what you want, maybe even you could be a feminist, you just don't know it yet :eek:

No, I honestly didn't, divorce has many variables, and to be honest I know marriage is a two way street, but men should not have to be scrutinized by the divorse courts, image having the child you had and loved torn away from you.

??? :confused: feminism actually fights for men to have equal grounding in divorce courts? :lolwut: really? I've never heard that before. To be honest everything apart from default mother takes child, it should always be split custody by default, I agree with most of non-misandric feminism like about victim blaming about clothing for example, the pay gap would rapidly shrink, because men would have to be as much involved in parenting as women are. It gives men more quality family time and women more career time. If that actually was the case I'm a feminist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Reading that link above & some comments turned my stomach. Read below for an analytical dissection, that I'd be proud to write. Educate yourself with the opposing reasons.
    http://judgy*****.com/2013/03/29/men...minist-war-cry

Maybe it will help you understand, why compared to 16 months ago when I joined, that there are so many threads slamming feminism.
    --
    From B4, wrt Fathers: If family court were not so biased then the court would be an Open Court. Although I am hearing Judges are being more lenient.
    There is a Governmental reason why no court in Europe (probably world) would want to have Shared Parenting, even though YouGov showed the people voted 83% as a presumption of shared parenting (given parents fit to take care). As I mentioned before its to do with £, otherwise how can cases like this exist www.shrink4men.com/2012/09/14/the-dishonorable-judge-lori-b-jackson

ManWomanMyth.com's video in Family section, inc Erin Pizzey's comments (= women given more £ & are better off without the father, meanwhile father is being controlled by the mother; a father will only work for his children & will retaliate if the Govt. tried to control men)
    I say this as a junior advisor/helper to 2 Fathers Need Families branch meetings (though only English law) www.fnf.org.uk/help-and-support/local-branch-meetings . Otherwise I'd be here more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rad_student)
    Reading that link above & some comments turned my stomach. Read below for an analytical dissection, that I'd be proud to write. Educate yourself with the opposing reasons.
    http://judgy*****.com/2013/03/29/men...minist-war-cry

Maybe it will help you understand, why compared to 16 months ago when I joined, that there are so many threads slamming feminism.
    --
    From B4, wrt Fathers: If family court were not so biased then the court would be an Open Court. Although I am hearing Judges are being more lenient.
    There is a Governmental reason why no court in Europe (probably world) would want to have Shared Parenting, even though YouGov showed the people voted 83% as a presumption of shared parenting (given parents fit to take care). As I mentioned before its to do with £, otherwise how can cases like this exist http://www.shrink4men.com/2012/09/14...lori-b-jackson

ManWomanMyth.com's video in Family section, inc Erin Pizzey's comments (= women given more £ & are better off without the father, meanwhile father is being controlled by the mother; a father will only work for his children & will retaliate if the Govt. tried to control men)
    I say this as a junior advisor/helper to 2 Fathers Need Families branch meetings www.fnf.org.uk/help-and-support/local-branch-meetings . Otherwise I'd be her more!
    It's late so I'll have to respond properly in the morning, but frankly the woman that runs that website is horrible, I've read other writings by her and I think she's a genuinely unpleasant person. The jezebel article answers a lot of the basic issues that anti-feminists tend to have with "feminism" - I put it in quotations because most of them are misconceptions. It's really, really really annoying trying to make the world better, and then have people constantly undermine you by saying the problems you're trying to solve aren't real, or that you're sexist because you only care about women, or that there are reams of men weeping for their lost children and incomes, while their merrily divorced ex wives are skipping off to buy shoes and neglect their children.

It gets really tiring having to try and explain the basics, over and over again to people. Maybe feminists would get more done if we didnt spend most of the time trying to stop people from calling us nazis. It's just unnecessary.

ReputationRep:

More than half of divorce filings are by women. You assume that men leave women, whereas often women leave men and steal their children in the process.

It's beyond sexist to attribute the blame for "messed up" children to "men" and you should be ashamed of yourself.

The men are not given the opportunity to "stay with their children and raise them" by the biased family courts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark Horse)
    This article has a very different take on the matter.
    If you'd provided the link, then the comments below would help you understand why people disagree. http://divorcesupport.about.com/b/20...-decisions.htm

For the UK, don't forget CAFCASS - disliked by both parties! But I was present in the office when Anthony Douglas CBE, Chief Executive said that he knows that the staff give 90% of primary custody to the mum (other stuff including the problem that family members can view their data, for another day).
    Also some of their staff move from a probationary employment background, this affects their perception; as well as some are <22 without kids!

A MAJOR problem is that mothers constantly break the Contact Orders & do not get punished; though last month a woman did get 40 hours community service & a suspended jail sentence. Or submit Domestic Violence claims to control the discourse - common tactic; in DV (Non Molestation Order) if she gets the other party to take an Undertaking, s/he has to leave the house & primary custody is now impossible. There should be statutory fines/community service.
    Meanwhile the non custodial parent - has his wages 'garnished' whilst being denied access to his children. Factually the bigger say the father has on his child(ren) the less likely there is any default in childa payments.

Why do you think fathers see their children less than mothers...could it be they comprimise 88% of F/T workers & women the majority of P/T workers? (see wage gap threads for Govt data.)
    Could it be a joint decision as maybe the male earns more?
    There are newspaper stories (no stats though) were the primary caregiver was the father, but the mother quit her job & on divorce application got primary residency; meanwhile the father has to look for work, given he hadn't worked for a few years! The best a male primary caregiver can hope for is 50/50.

ReputationRep:
    It's late so I'll have to respond properly in the morning, but frankly the woman that runs that website is horrible, I've read other writings by her and I think she's a genuinely unpleasant person. The jezebel article answers a lot of the basic issues that anti-feminists tend to have with "feminism" - I put it in quotations because most of them are misconceptions. It's really, really really annoying trying to make the world better, and then have people constantly undermine you by saying the problems you're trying to solve aren't real, or that you're sexist because you only care about women, or that there are reams of men weeping for their lost children and incomes, while their merrily divorced ex wives are skipping off to buy shoes and neglect their children.

It gets really tiring having to try and explain the basics, over and over again to people. Maybe feminists would get more done if we didnt spend most of the time trying to stop people from calling us nazis. It's just unnecessary.
    Sticks & stones may break my back...
    Do you think I will give up bringing fairness to society, because
    some people might say they hate me(?) Should it bother me that I am being called names in what I try to prove? :rolleyes: Anyway that's not my style Logical Fallacies.
    Q1. Do you think Misandry is real?

As for that "horrible" woman - you don't have to like her - hate her as a murderess, pick any from http://unknownmisandry.blogspot.co.u...l-killers.html. Being liked/popular will not make me respect you, but what you say. From your other posts I know you r a caring person.

You have to constructively argue her points, provide rebuttal or support for jezebel. Q2. Can you do so? ...pick 1 point.

Edit: wrt beauty www.returnofkings.com/2099/the-9-ugliest-american-feminists Lindy is #1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rad_student)
    If you'd provided the link, then the comments below would help you understand why people disagree. http://divorcesupport.about.com/b/20...-decisions.htm

For the UK, don't forget CAFCASS - disliked by both parties! But I was present in the office when Anthony Douglas CBE, Chief Executive said that he knows that the staff give 90% of primary custody to the mum (other stuff including the problem that family members can view their data, for another day).
    Also some of their staff move from a probationary employment background, this affects their perception; as well as some are <22 without kids!

A MAJOR problem is that mothers constantly break the Contact Orders & do not get punished; though last month a woman did get 40 hours community service & a suspended jail sentence. Or submit Domestic Violence claims to control the discourse - common tactic; in DV (Non Molestation Order) if she gets the other party to take an Undertaking, s/he has to leave the house & primary custody is now impossible. There should be statutory fines/community service.
    Meanwhile the non custodial parent - has his wages 'garnished' whilst being denied access to his children. Factually the bigger say the father has on his child(ren) the less likely there is any default in childa payments.

Why do you think fathers see their children less than mothers...could it be they comprimise 88% of F/T workers & women the majority of P/T workers? (see wage gap threads for Govt data.)
    Could it be a joint decision as maybe the male earns more?
    There are newspaper stories (no stats though) were the primary caregiver was the father, but the mother quit her job & on divorce application got primary residency; meanwhile the father has to look for work, given he hadn't worked for a few years! The best a male primary caregiver can hope for is 50/50.
    This is why I'm going to have a surrogate mother. Because I know about court bias against men.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)
    More than half of divorce filings are by women. You assume that men leave women, whereas often women leave men and steal their children in the process.

It's beyond sexist to attribute the blame for "messed up" children to "men" and you should be ashamed of yourself.

The men are not given the opportunity to "stay with their children and raise them" by the biased family courts.
    I only placed said blame because the person to whom I was speaking placed all blame on women. It was a contextual reaction to jreid1994's spiel, interesting you didn't pick up on any of his anti-woman sentiments.

ReputationRep:
    I only placed said blame because the person to whom I was speaking placed all blame on women. It was a contextual reaction to jreid1994's spiel, interesting you didn't pick up on any of his anti-woman sentiments.
    Yes, I'm sexist by stating that single(not lesbian couples, as there's two parents.) mothering is the worst way to bring up a child. Really?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm sexist by stating that single(not lesbian couples, as there's two parents.) mothering is the worst way to bring up a child. Really?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, you're sexist because you implied that all the problems that those children may face later in life are the fault of the women who raised them - not the effects that their fathers leaving may have done, or any of the other billions of factors which shape everyday life. Also, since single fathers exist, have you any proof that the single parents whose children turn out messed up are female? Because so far it just seems to be your opinion shaping everything, you've ignored the stats that Dark Horse posted which pretty much proved your point was meaningless, and its getting really boring and predictable.

ReputationRep:
    No, you're sexist because you implied that all the problems that those children may face later in life are the fault of the women who raised them - not the effects that their fathers leaving may have done, or any of the other billions of factors which shape everyday life.
    Because there's an overwhelming amount of facts that show its true.... Like the fact that most rapists, murderers, homeless, child suicides and youth offenders and homeless come from single mother homes. Need I say more on the matter? USA or UK statistics, it won't make a massive difference, because American culture is similar in perspective to the UK. Who else is there in the picture, the father is gone you told him to leave, so there's only one parent left, who might that be? :holmes: face it single parents are awful.

Also, since single fathers exist, have you any proof that the single parents whose children turn out messed up are female?
    Single fathering is very rare, and only really ever done in court cases of SEVERE domestic abuse of the child or father, it's only ever in situations where there are extremely good reasons usually the man fights for splitting custody, and I'm sure that I said split custody, not sole custody!

Because so far it just seems to be your opinion shaping everything, you've ignored the stats that Dark Horse posted which pretty much proved your point was meaningless, and its getting really boring and predictable.
    Because it's almost as stupid as saying that the pay gap between men and women don't matter! So because men are "more inclined to work" and women are "more inclined to parenting" you basically are saying that women should stay at home and take care of the kids whilst men work. Traditional gender roles? Or egalitarian? Which is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because there's an overwhelming amount of facts that show its true.... Like the fact that most rapists, murderers, homeless, child suicides and youth offenders and homeless come from single mother homes. Need I say more on the matter? USA or UK statistics, it won't make a massive difference, because American culture is similar in perspective to the UK. Who else is there in the picture, the father is gone you told him to leave, so there's only one parent left, who might that be? :holmes:
    Did I now? What about divorces where the man walks out of his own accord? What about divorces where the woman is leaving the man because he abused her? You're making huge generalisations, AGAIN, and ignoring my points, AGAIN. it's getting old.

Single fathering is very rare, and only really ever done in court cases of SEVERE domestic abuse of the child or father, it's only ever in situations where there are extremely good reasons usually the man fights for splitting custody, and I'm sure that I said split custody, not sole custody!
    And why's that? Because women are seen as primary care givers to children. It is automatically assumed that the women will raise the children better because of the gender roles. Both women AND men lose out because of gender stereotyping. I've already explained this to you, I don't know why you need me to reiterate a basic point.

Because it's almost as stupid as saying that the pay gap between men and women don't matter! So because men are "more inclined to work" and women are "more inclined to parenting" you basically are saying that women should stay at home and take care of the kids whilst men work. Traditional gender roles? Or egalitarian? Which is it?
    I don't know what any of this has to do with my argument, I've basically said the exact opposite of what is in bold, but you've managed to respond to points which don't even exist in this discussion! Make a valid point or go away, really, it's very boring.

ReputationRep:
    Did I now? What about divorces where the man walks out of his own accord? What about divorces where the woman is leaving the man because he abused her? You're making huge generalisations, AGAIN, and ignoring my points, AGAIN. it's getting old.
    Out of the 70% of divorces imitated by women only A few of them are actually because of domestic violence, when the man walks away, he(not her) initiated the divorce, usually it is the woman that walks,(what could she possibly lose? There's a lot for her to gain though.)

It's a fact. I'll say that for them cases roughly about 3-5% then yes, obviously sole custody should be awarded to her, but that is not how it happens the majority of times is it? Women initiate the divorce, women almost always win custody, then the man will barely ever see the child because she'll use the child as a weapon against him. Why do you think that 27% of men never see their children? Is it became that damn deadbeat don't want to, or is it became she's using the child against him?

And why's that? Because women are seen as primary care givers to children. It is automatically assumed that the women will raise the children better because of the gender roles. Both women AND men lose out because of gender stereotyping. I've already explained this to you, I don't know why you need me to reiterate a basic point.
    Yes:facepalm: that's what I've been saying all this time, you're stereotyping men right now! You're saying men don't care about their children as much as women do.

I don't know what any of this has to do with my argument, I've basically said the exact opposite of what is in bold, but you've managed to respond to points which don't even exist in this discussion! Make a valid point or go away, really, it's very boring.

No, you said men apparently "don't spend enough family time with the child" so women should be awarded primary custody, that is not even justifiable not measureble, it's not even close to standing for equality, it's not measurable like a salary, or amount of crimes committed, unlike criminal offences, where the person needs to be "punished" or corrected, most of the men and in those courtrooms are good parents, usually they deserve just as much access to those children as women do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This has been a great thread, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark Horse)
    This was written by a Mother. A concerned Mother, worrying about her son's options when it comes to relationships.

Source: http://shiningpearlsofsomething.blog...us-letter.html

Anonymous Letter
    Two notes about this post:
    1. I don't presume to speak for my son, but he's no dummy.
    2. This was supposed to be short enough to print several copies, so I could "drop" a few in strategic locations around a nearby college campus. But you know me! Some days I just can't shut up. My husband thanks you in advance for your sympathy.

A letter to a future daughter-in-law, possibly my own:

A few years from now, you’re probably going to want to marry my son. Perhaps you already do; he’s kind of hot and his potential is quite obvious, if I do say so myself. He’s only 20, handsome and well-built, and when he lets his hair grow long, it’s thick and wavy. He has his father’s beautiful eyes, and my dimples look much better on him than they ever did on me. He’s also a U.S. Marine; he has finished his deployment and doesn’t expect to go overseas again, so he’s preparing to begin earning college credits. I don’t hover, so I’m not sure which major he’s chosen – engineering or actuarial science. He surfs, rides a motorcycle and a mountain bike, hikes, and maintains a classic car. Pretty much everybody likes him or loves him, and respects him. Girls hit on him regularly.

I’ll be surprised if he ever marries though. You see, his plan is to wait until he’s at least thirty, therefore he will spend the next decade meeting, dating, working with, and probably sleeping with, the product of 60 years of American feminism. I’m pretty sure he won’t find many women worth considering for marriage. How about we look at it from his perspective, m’kay? Here’s what he sees:

Half of you have been raised without your fathers, yet only a few of your fathers deserved to be kicked out of your lives; you were raised by the women who kicked your fathers out, and perhaps a string of stepdads and “uncles.” And those women, your mothers, taught you their values by example. Not an auspicious start. Most of the rest of you were raised by fathers who knew damn well that if they displeased your mothers, they too could be kicked out of your lives according to your mothers’ whims. They knew full well who had the REAL power in the family; they quietly accepted that “mother knows best.”

You were raised in a culture that permits, even encourages, women and girls to always push for more. Not necessarily to do more or earn more, but to demand more and to expect more. You were punished far less severely for your transgressions than were your male peers. Indeed your female peers egged you on to be even naughtier, and to be defiant about it. It’s Grrrl Power, after all! The boys of your acquaintance were expected to give in to your shenanigans and your **** tests, and those who didn’t were labeled “problem children” and medicated. A boy’s best bet was to shut up and grovel, and maybe win your approval. They sure weren’t allowed to go around offending the Special Snowflakes now, were they?

You were raised in a Disney Princess Culture, where every girl is entitled to her Prince Charming. And if she can’t find one, she has the Grrrl Power to kiss any old frog and transform him into a Prince. You were raised to be a slut, at least through your twenties. Go to College. Establish a Career. Don’t get married until your late twenties or early thirties, but DO NOT, under any circumstances, repress your sexuality. Your foremothers fought hard for your right to be promiscuous with no consequences; don’t you dare let their efforts go to waste. And since you’re not looking for a husband, there’s no need to sleep with only “good” men, is there? ‘Cuz badboyz are hawt! And nice guys are boring. Additionally, you have plenty of time to ride the best cocks you can find; thanks to modern medicine, you can get pregnant after menopause if you want, so there’s no hurry. You are expected to waste your youth and your beauty on hot guys who treat you like ****, then give your leftovers to the guy you’ll promise to love, honor and cherish for the rest of your life. Wow, how lucky is he!

My son looks around and he sees *****y, arrogant, malicious women. He sees spoiled greedy women. He sees financially irresponsible women. He sees lazy undisciplined women. (Yes, even in the military; they had to lower the standards so more women could “serve.”) He sees overweight women wearing unflattering clothes that display muffin tops and rolls of fat, who drool over his biceps while telling him that “looks aren’t important.” He sees slutty women who dress to attract men, sleep with the “hot” ones, and denigrate the rest by calling them “creepy.” He sees “competitive” professional women, whose primary tool for getting ahead is the threat of sexual harassment lawsuits. He sees demanding women who expect men to bow and scrape for the privilege of a smile. He sees utterly irrational women whose “self-esteem ” is obscenely disproportionate to their proven worth. He sees women who expect romantic dates and expensive gifts, yet have absolutely nothing of value to contribute to a relationship. He sees women who flirt with their hopeful, geeky JustFriends, barely enough to keep them on a string while simultaneously panting after Alpha Hotties, then run crying back to those JustFriends after being pumped and dumped by said Hotties, “Oh, why can’t more men be nice like you?” (Answer: if they were, no woman would **** them.)
    Look around you ladies. You see the very same women, don’t you? Most of you are these women. You think this is normal and acceptable, because “everybody does it.” It’s not.
    There’s something you should know about my son and his peers. They’re not gay, they’re not lazy, they’re not stupid, they’re not unambitious, and they’re not weak. They’ve merely figured you out. They know you don’t give a rat’s ass about them, and you see them as nothing but providers and fantasy sex objects. They are wise to the game and they’re done playing by your rules.

They have the same job titles as you and they take home the same pay, but they work longer hours and they do harder work; they know that their productivity is why employers can afford to hire you to sit at a desk and shuffle papers. They know that if two drunken people have sex and both regret it in the morning, only one of them is a “rapist.” They know that “My Body/My Choice” actually means"My Body/My Choice/Your Wallet." They know that the minute they sign a marriage license, everything they own is yours, but nothing you own is theirs (except your debts) and you can walk away with cash and prizes, at any time, for any reason. Or for no reason at all.

They’re calling Bull****.

A few years from now, you’ll begin asking yourself, “Where have all the good men gone?” You’ll look down your noses at all those guys playing video games and living like frat boys in cheap apartments, and you’ll know that they could do “so much better” for themselves. You’ll shake your heads in wonder at their “immaturity,” or their “wasted potential.” Here’s a little secret. (Yep. A few men are immature and weak – they’ve had the masculinity abused or medicated out of them by their single mothers and grandmothers) but most of them?

They no longer give a rat’s ass about YOU.

That’s right. They don’t need to work hard and earn a good living. They have no intention of fathering and supporting any children, and no desire whatsoever earn your approval. You go buy your own four bedroom colonial in just the right subdivision! That’s what Grrrl Power is for, isn’t it? Many of these men will go so far as to quit their jobs as soon as they begin to “earn a good living.” They don’t want to earn enough money to pay taxes. They don’t want to pay the salaries of millions of useless (and mostly female) government employees, and they don’t want to pay for the personal choices of “Empowered Women.” They refuse to feed your Beast. And you, and your church, and your government can’t cajole them or shame them into giving a ****. Men are dropping out, Ladies. Chivalry has died of blunt force trauma, in a beatdown administered by Grrrl Power. Your mothers, your grandmothers, your schools, your family courts, your sociology professors, have all spent the last two generations telling men that they are unnecessary and unwelcome. And now they’re leaving. (Oh sure, they’ll be glad to **** you while you’re young and hot, aaaand then they’ll move on to younger and hotter sluts.)

This is the gift that feminism has given to you – Independence. Scary, lonely, bitter, potentially impoverished Independence. For yourselves and for any children you may have. Most of you won’t blame feminism though; you’ll blame Male Privilege (which doesn’t exist.) You’ll blame The Patriarchy (which always gave women a far better deal than it gave men.) You will stamp your feet, flip your hair, and blame anything except the single cultural force that has devoted itself to suppressing and controlling masculinity. And you’ll go home alone every night to your cats, your Facebook Friends, and your vibrator. I sure hope that’s what you want.

Sincerely,
    A Mom
    Possibly the most beautiful piece I have ever read.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.