Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I thought working every weekday up to the 15th would take my mind off it but nope, it's just made me tired. Want to just get it over with now really (

ReputationRep:
    It's quite frustrating knowing that all the Scottish people know already and are free to get on with summer :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMysteryMan)
    A, I've only done AS though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome. I did A2 and it was bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nataash)
    I did AS maths and further and I'm hoping for two A's but D1 and M1 really messed me up
    did you do maths?
    I am sure you will do well. Yes, I did do Math, A2 Math to be more specific.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty excited.. 8 days guys!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneha.vag)
    What exactly do you mean by "preparing for clearing"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Like researching potential universities that you would want to go to if they were to be in clearing. Taking down numbers that you may need to call, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamous12)
    Like researching potential universities that you would want to go to if they were to be in clearing. Taking down numbers that you may need to call, etc.
    I have already done that. Any other way you can prepare? What kind of questions can you be asked during the mini telephone universities some universities conduct?

ReputationRep:
    I have already done that. Any other way you can prepare? What kind of questions can you be asked during the mini telephone universities some universities conduct?
    Maybe something like "why should we accept you onto this course". Alot of people say that you need to show alot of compassion for your subject and it has to be convincing, but i havent been through the process so i cant really say how it will be.

Apart from that, i would say have your grades at hand because they will definately ask you what you have got.

ReputationRep:
    One week till grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    Maybe something like "why should we accept you onto this course". Alot of people say that you need to show alot of compassion for your subject and it has to be convincing, but i havent been through the process so i cant really say how it will be.

Apart from that, i would say have your grades at hand because they will definately ask you what you have got.
    Oh, all right. Thanks. I can answer the "why should we accept you onto this course" question by demonstrating that I am passionate about the subject and course and then go deeper into the reasons why I want to study the subject and the course. Next, I should give them reasons about what makes me unique- in terms of genuine interest in the course, academic ability and extra-curricular activities. This is how I would approach such a question. What do you think?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Posting to subscribe :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    Another results day dream- seems I'm having enough for myself and everyone else on this thread :'(

ReputationRep:
    Oh, all right. Thanks. I can answer the "why should we accept you onto this course" question by demonstrating that I am passionate about the subject and course and then go deeper into the reasons why I want to study the subject and the course. Next, I should give them reasons about what makes me unique- in terms of genuine interest in the course, academic ability and extra-curricular activities. This is how I would approach such a question. What do you think?
    That sounds like a great approach in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    What's the best way to keep your body calm on the run-up? Mentally, I keep on telling myself I'm fine, but my stomach churns and I get all nervous and my heart-rate increases whenever I look at this thread or someone whispers the word "results..."
    Haven't had any dreams yet, which is a good thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That sounds like a great approach in my opinion.
    Is there anything else you think I should add?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awkwardusername)
    I'm so confused! I've been told that it is and that it isn't and I just want it all to be over with
    So this is what UCAS told me:
    Me: Does UCAS send you an email on results day notifying that track has changed or inform applicants that they've been accepted?
    UCAS: Hi! You will receive an e-mail from us when your application updates
    Me: Thank you. Will this email inform me that my track status has changed or whether I have been accepted?
    UCAS: It will just state Track has updated.

I did, however, read that they send you an email informing you whether you have been accepted but I guess there is too much clashing information on the internet. I hope this clarifies matters for you

ReputationRep:
    Is there anything else you think I should add?
    Maybe about how much you want to study at the university itself?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe about how much you want to study at the university itself?
    Yes, that totally slipped my mind. In what order do you think I should say that?
    1. Why I want to study the subject
    2. Why I want to study the course
    3. What makes me suitable for the course- genuine interest, academic abilities, extra-curricular activities,
    4. What do I want to study at that particular university?

Would it be advisable to talk of this last?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that totally slipped my mind. In what order do you think I should say that?
    1. Why I want to study the subject
    2. Why I want to study the course
    3. What makes me suitable for the course- genuine interest, academic abilities, extra-curricular activities,
    4. What do I want to study at that particular university?

Would it be advisable to talk of this last?
    Not sure about a specific order to say it in. They probably ask you what course you want then your grades then you can go on to say why you want to subject, what makes you suitable and why you like the university.

ReputationRep:
    So nervous!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.