Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A pretty good race. Main disappointment for me is the performance of the Mercs, I had hoped that Hamilton could've fought for the win and Rosberg a podium but Alonso and Kimi were just too fast. Massa and Grosjean both had quiet races where they fell backwards again, a good race for Button though, but I don't see McLaren fighting for serious points again until at least Spain.

Nerve-racking end to the race if you're a Hamilton fan, two tenths in the end... wow.

ReputationRep:
    I felt the race way too dictated by tyre management rather than outright speed.

Can anyone shine light onto the investigations taking place? Surely that means the cars involved used DRS at the wrong time so will be penalised?

ReputationRep:
    Forza Ferrari :woo:

Great podium, the race was meh but the end with Hamilton and Vettel was tense!

I think it's pretty clear the first 3 winners of the season will be the championship contenders, with Hamilton putting in some good performances too.

For Massa to be battling with the Torro Rosso is a bit of a joke, his pace was nowhere. Grosjean costing Lotus dearly for the WCC, the kid's not so fast now that he's realized you can't just floor the throttle pedal all the time like a maniac.

Driver of the day is Ricciardo for me, would have finished ahead of Massa if not for needing to change his wing.

ReputationRep:
    Also Alonso level with Mansell in race victories, 4th in all time list.

Vettel might still get penalty as he's under investigation for using DRS under yellow, as is Button (and many others).

Lauda claims Pirelli bringing a new harder prime tyre for Bahrain practice, apparently Pirelli are going to make the tyres harder by Barcelona. I'd be shocked if that goes through as a change would need an approval from all teams (apparently). Seeing as harder tyres will play into Red Bull's hands, I find it hard to see Ferrari and Lotus agreeing to that.

ReputationRep:
    Webber given 3 place grid penalty for hitting Vergne...

ReputationRep:
    Superd drive from Alonso, fantastic start and just stormed it home. Glad to see Kimi and Lewis on the podium, and a bonus that he pipped Vettel to the third spot.

ReputationRep:
    The last 5 laps of the race was sooo exciting!

ReputationRep:
    3 spot grid penalty for Webber for Bahrain because of the Vergne clash.

Usually if a Torro Rosso driver as much as gets in the way for a Red Bull car for a split second they end up getting fired, a la Jaime.

However in this case Marko just might give Vergne a promotion for taking out Webber :laugh:

Poor luck for the guy, fuel problem, then wheel problem, now penalty at the next race...guy can't catch a break.

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering if I should take my P-zeros off my car for safety reasons.
    Seriously, Pireli's involvement with F1 does them no favours brandwise, they're a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    I'm wondering if I should take my P-zeros off my car for safety reasons.
    Seriously, Pireli's involvement with F1 does them no favours brandwise, they're a joke.
    I'm still surprised that they're still in F1.
    All they're doing is giving themselves bad publicity and building a reputation for tyres that fall apart and disintegrate after a few laps.
    I don't think they will stay in F1 for much longer as it must be hurting their global sales.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solid.Snake)
    I'm still surprised that they're still in F1.
    All they're doing is giving themselves bad publicity and building a reputation for tyres that fall apart and disintegrate after a few laps.
    I don't think they will stay in F1 for much longer as it must be hurting their global sales.
    It sort of makes it more interesting, sort of destroys it - I'd love to know what Kimi/Alonso were saying on the podium...

'falling off the wall' last year was bad enough, but cars not bothering to go out and set a lap for qually just makes a mockery of the sport.

Whatever happened to Goodyear? the Bridgestones were bad in comparison, but these are something else.

They must give a huge chunk of cash to Bernie and for what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    3 spot grid penalty for Webber for Bahrain because of the Vergne clash.

Usually if a Torro Rosso driver as much as gets in the way for a Red Bull car for a split second they end up getting fired, a la Jaime.

However in this case Marko just might give Vergne a promotion for taking out Webber :laugh:

Poor luck for the guy, fuel problem, then wheel problem, now penalty at the next race...guy can't catch a break.
    The conspiracy theorist in me, wonders if Helmut Marko was behind all these "issues"?

ReputationRep:
    Ironically, via @Loose_Wheel_Nut

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    It sort of makes it more interesting, sort of destroys it - I'd love to know what Kimi/Alonso were saying on the podium...

'falling off the wall' last year was bad enough, but cars not bothering to go out and set a lap for qually just makes a mockery of the sport.

Whatever happened to Goodyear? the Bridgestones were bad in comparison, but these are something else.

They must give a huge chunk of cash to Bernie and for what?

Yeah, I agree it does make the sport a little interesting because of the unpredictability.
    However, the way F1 is heading it's turning into a tyre management contest and not a flat out race. F1 is now all about the tyres, it's tyres, tyres, tyres every race.
    Personally, I like to see drivers pushing flat out and racing on the ragged limit, and it's saddening seeing drivers having to cruise around nursing their tyres and desperately saving fuel. F1 is meant to be the pinnacle of motorsport but it's turning into a joke. Especially if you've heard of Bernie's suggestion to put sprinklers in races to make things more interesting... :rolleyes:

But I guess you only have to look at the results and they speak for themselves.
    The cream always does rise to the top. The best drivers do usually find a way to win, despite all the nonsense and obstacles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I got the correct top 3, just wrong order (i expected Kimi and Hamilton to be very close with Kimi winning but for Alonso to be trailing).

Poor race from Massa and Grosjean and unlucky for Webber who was probably going to be close to Vettel (possibly beat him since he'd been on softs already).

Hard to say but with the damage to Kimi's car i suspect that he'd have been fighting with Alonso.
    I don't think so. It didn't look like the damage really hindered his drive at all, at one point he set fastest lap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vip3rgt9)
    I don't think so. It didn't look like the damage really hindered his drive at all, at one point he set fastest lap.
    Dunno why one of the pit team didn'#t rip off the small bit of the nose that was waving around, couldn't have helped - but agree don't think he'd have gone any quicker.

ReputationRep:
    Might have hindered long-run pace though, all that understeer in the car couldn't have been too good.

Saying that though the Lotus didn't look as great as it did in Aus (before the damage). Plus Alonso was taking it easy for the last 2 stints, who knows how things would have turned out if Kimi had no damage and Alonso pushed all the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Dunno why one of the pit team didn'#t rip off the small bit of the nose that was waving around, couldn't have helped - but agree don't think he'd have gone any quicker.
    It's carbon fibre, very hard to rip off

ReputationRep:
    top 5 in this race all different manufacturers, all number 1's of their teams.

ReputationRep:
    It's carbon fibre, very hard to rip off
    Maybe use a big pair of scissors or something?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.