Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sister caught on speed camera and has no license. What will happen? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsCourtney)
    So since we look alike, could it happen that they say they know its me? If so what should I do?
    That depends on whether or not you want to take the hit for your sister. I'd also like to take this opportunity to point out it's illegal for you to claim responsibility for her crime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goody2Shoes-x)
    That depends on whether or not you want to take the hit for your sister. I'd also like to take this opportunity to point out it's illegal for you to claim responsibility for her crime.
    I get that but what happens if I "genuinely" feel that since its my car I must have been speeding and not noticed a camera flash at me, so I assume it must have been me.

ReputationRep:
    I get that but what happens if I "genuinely" feel that since its my car I must have been speeding and not noticed a camera flash at me, so I assume it must have been me.
    But you don't, as your thread title shows.

ReputationRep:
    But you know you don't - you're lying.

ReputationRep:
    Not what I was hoping for when I saw "Sister caught on camera" and clicked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilickbatteries)
    Not what I was hoping for when I saw "Sister caught on camera" and clicked.
    Doh! The OP's name alone should have tipped you off that this thread would be about bad driving, flouting the law and irresponsible anti-social behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Why not run someone down while your at it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    Photographic evidence will be enclosed within the summons.
    I remember a while ago my Mum was caught speeding, so she wrote back asking for photographic evidence to prove it was her driving and since they couldn't produce it the case was closed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NessEB)
    I remember a while ago my Mum was caught speeding, so she wrote back asking for photographic evidence to prove it was her driving and since they couldn't produce it the case was closed.
    (Original post by whitesky)
    She's fine to carry on driving it if she wants to and you don't mind her using your car again so long as she abides to the conditions of her provisional.

& yes, it would be quite convenient for you. It has been for me in the past

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My sister passed her test. Nothing has come in the mail so far, so perhaps we have had the same luck as you.

If a letter still did come would they check that she had no valid license at the time?

ReputationRep:

If a letter still did come would they check that she had no valid license at the time?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    My sister passed her test. Nothing has come in the mail so far, so perhaps we have had the same luck as you.

Yes very easily its on the certificate and back of the license and on the data base. However going from your posts and your sisters behavior we have another barley legal driver type on the roads. Great just what we need.....

ReputationRep:
    First you, then your sister. Who's next? Mum? Dad? (when he's out of jail) Cousins?

Bad driving does run in the family, at least this thread is evidence of it if all these series of threads from the OP aren't some sort of sick joke.

ReputationRep:
    Speeding without license is an arrestable offence and can carry the punishment of a driving ban. Depends on the law and who they will punishment, but you both will recieve some sort of punishments. And stop driving moronically. THIS IS WHY INSURANCE IS VERY EXPENSIVE FOR YOUNG DRIVERS! >

ReputationRep:
    They don't check you have a license on the spot I don't think because why would they ask you to send yours if they could search it up on a system? I think they just check the reg of the car to see who's the owner then send them a letter confirming they were driving, once that is confirmed they request you to send your license.

ReputationRep:
    She'll be arrested and the police officers will sit on her face and fart.

ReputationRep:
    They don't check you have a license on the spot I don't think because why would they ask you to send yours if they could search it up on a system? I think they just check the reg of the car to see who's the owner then send them a letter confirming they were driving, once that is confirmed they request you to send your license.
    Yes, but she will probably receive points, however she was not the one driving, if the law deems them to have her taken her sisters points, then they could get arrested. Or receive a suspension.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoRo)
    What was she doing driving your car without a licence?? Let alone speeding

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly, where I live if you get caught just driving without your licence you're looking at some jail time...

As for speeding, I worked with a girl recently who had her full license, and was driving her own car but because she got caught driving 86km/hr in a 60k zone she was issued with an $800 fine and is banned from driving for the next 6 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sphodromantis)
    Yes, but she will probably receive points, however she was not the one driving, if the law deems them to have her taken her sisters points, then they could get arrested. Or receive a suspension.
    I see what you're saying, but how could she receive points on a license she doesn't have? Unless she has a provisional, i've known people have points on their license before they've even passed!

The best thing this guy can do is take the points for his sister and claim he was driving, I would anyway.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    The best thing this guy can do is take the points for his sister and claim he was driving, I would anyway.
    But, if they do that and get caught because they made a false declaration, they are guilty of perjury.

A government minister and his ex-wife within the last few weeks, have gone to jail for 8 months each for doing just that. They got caught out 10 years after they thought they had got away with it.

ReputationRep:
    I see what you're saying, but how could she receive points on a license she doesn't have? Unless she has a provisional, i've known people have points on their license before they've even passed!

There were negative consequences for her if she took the points and negative consequences for her sister if she didn't. The details are outlined in the thread. But mainly, she was trying to figure out what lies she needed to tell to get the best outcome, and exploring whether such lies would be detected.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.