Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is Sharia Law vs British Law - Which is more moral? Watch

• View Poll Results: Which is better for an equal, moral justice system?
    British - It is far superior than Sharia, I do not want Sharia at all. It is not good at all. We must continue with British law and shun foreign laws based on religion.
    82.03%
    Sharia - It is superior, more moral. People should be more open minded to the idea. They may even begin voting for it themselves.
    17.97%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GPODT)
    Visit the ISOC thread and ask the sisters if they support Shariah law.
    I'd rather not communicate with Muslim 'sisters' and I'd rather ****ing not visit an ISOC thread which I'm guessing is some brainwashing bull****ting Islam thread

EDIT : but thanks for the offer dude

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malikabdullah96)
    Yh, I follow the view of Hizb Ut Tahrir but can you please argue the points I made rather than telling me the viewpoint behind those points.
    well, If you're happy in repeating those trite "anti-capitalist" tirades, then just go ahead

it usually surprises me when I see "religious" people adopting a Marxist language, but - from the Hizb - nothing surprises me anymore

"capitalism" is a 19th century Marxist concept - nothing to do with Islam

in any case, in our days we would rather talk of market economy, private property and free trade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GPODT)
    Visit the ISOC thread and ask the sisters if they support Shariah law.
    I had a look, but the ISOC is a depressing thread

just people speaking Muslimese and complimenting each other for being so Islamic...

ReputationRep:
    Womens rights in a purely Islamic State: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPz4olc1Les

From what I've read - some of you people would prefer to be in such countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GPODT)
    Many Muslim women support Shariah so please stop speaking on their behalf.
    Is that statement not speaking on the behalf of Muslim women?

ReputationRep:
    I don't necessarily think religion and politics should mix.... Sharia law is based on a religion and if sharia law operates in a country that means one should act on the rules of another religion which I think is wrong, and it wouldn't be suitable for Britain as it is a country with people and faiths from all over the world, but for countries like Dubai and Kuwait I thin its not a problem because most of the population if not all, belief in one religion which is Islam!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inquirer)
    They are not even comparable. Shariah is derived from a rigid source written in the 7th century and cannot be changed with changing times. British law may have its short comings, but at least it can be improved upon and not restricted to change.
    Lol, yes it can be changed with changing times, Islam requires it's followers to change with the times. The fact that those in the middle east or even here don't has nothing to do with the religion itself, they're just backward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posthumus)
    Womens rights in a purely Islamic State: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPz4olc1Les

From what I've read - some of you people would prefer to be in such countries.
    Not an accurate portrayal of womens rights under shariah law. Women are not things to be abused and oppressed under the law the way they actually are in these countries. Yes our religion says we should, for lack of a better word, obey our husbands, but not to the point that 'obeying' him degrades you. Marriage in islam is a partnership not an ownership - that's why divorce is not a sin. women have a right and under Islam are required to learn and educate themselves, they have a right to earn their own living and their husband cannot take a penny of her earning without her permission. Just a few examples .. my point is womens rights under shariah law - the actual shariah law taught in the Quran, not the one that is interpreted in a way that men have the upper hand - are not oppressive and abusive like most people think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RealRecReal)
    I'm sure most people have misconceptions about Sharia Law as we will probably see from some posts here. Did you know that under Sharia Law citizens are given free water,gas and electricity?
    Doesn't mean any of the bad things are not true. If you accuse of misconceptions existing and implying something isn't true you should back it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Doesn't mean any of the bad things are not true. If you accuse of misconceptions existing and implying something isn't true you should back it up.
    Read through the thread I have.

ReputationRep:
    English and Welsh, Scots, and NI law, are all superior. They are not from some God in the sky, and they are rooted in centuries of development.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by may_baby)
    Not an accurate portrayal of womens rights under shariah law. Women are not things to be abused and oppressed under the law the way they actually are in these countries. Yes our religion says we should, for lack of a better word, obey our husbands, but not to the point that 'obeying' him degrades you. Marriage in islam is a partnership not an ownership - that's why divorce is not a sin. women have a right and under Islam are required to learn and educate themselves, they have a right to earn their own living and their husband cannot take a penny of her earning without her permission. Just a few examples .. my point is womens rights under shariah law - the actual shariah law taught in the Quran, not the one that is interpreted in a way that men have the upper hand - are not oppressive and abusive like most people think.
    so why not go and live in your own country?

ReputationRep:
    The 20% who voted for shariah should be thrown out of Europe instantly. They are a threat to our liberal democracies and a cancer for our societies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RealRecReal)
    I'm sure most people have misconceptions about Sharia Law as we will probably see from some posts here. Did you know that under Sharia Law citizens are given free water,gas and electricity?
    yes, but no caviar and champagne at all

how could this possibly be considered satisfactory ?

best

ReputationRep:
    Whats good about Sharia is that it is a much more holistic system of laws than the very piecemeal western democratic system. It tackles all the major vices affecting society and tackles them in a neat concise framework. For example westerners would say that what people do in their marital life is up to them as long as they pay tax etc...But as muslims we know that moral attitudes are very transferrable across all areas of society and immoral actions in one area of life tend to have an impact elsewhere. Marital infidelity tends to go hand in hand with reckless spending, risk taking and unethical behaviour in general. It would be rare to find a promiscuous girl who was also very prudent, studious and sensible. So an all round moral compass is necessary when examining society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usualsuspects)
    The 20% who voted for shariah should be thrown out of Europe instantly. They are a threat to our liberal democracies and a cancer for our societies.
    You do realise that what you have written is a contradiction in terms. Surely a liberal society tolerates minority views and opinions? Is there a wrong opinion in a liberal society?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    You do realise that what you have written is a contradiction in terms. Surely a liberal society tolerates minority views and opinions? Is there a wrong opinion in a liberal society?
    Yes, an opinion against liberty and democracy. We cant let democracy be destroyed, even democratically, the only way to avoid it is ensure that fanatic religious migrants to whom we give voting rights don't constitute the majority of the people. Regardless, it is acceptable to act against those who try to subvert the "constitutional" order in a liberticidal and antidemocratic sense. It's legitimate to send down migrants who try to impose the rule of god, although I admit that once they are given citizenship it's much more complicated (though I'd be okay with exiling citizens turned fascists, so it's quite the same).

ReputationRep:
    Vote trump!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usualsuspects)
    Yes, an opinion against liberty and democracy. We cant let democracy be destroyed, even democratically,
    Agreed. So why are you so terrified of a 20% minority? They're not going to impose their ideas on the other 80% any time soon. At least not unless a few more are persuaded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Agreed. So why are you so terrified of a 20% minority? They're not going to impose their ideas on the other 80% any time soon. At least not unless a few more are persuaded.
    I'm terrified they'll grow and don't think they deserve being given access to our welfare and voting rights. If they already have been and actually British, than all we can do is make sure no more people with similar views come.

Fascism took over with less than 20% in Italy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.