Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eilidhr99)
    Yeah I've heard it's pretty bad!😬 But I've heard we get to stay in the new UHI accommodation? Not sure how much truth there is to that but I'm going to visit the campus on the 27th so I'll ask about accommodation then!
    Oh really? thats much more reassuring! Well if you find out anything about it, if you could let me know it'd be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shlynn)
    Oh really? thats much more reassuring! Well if you find out anything about it, if you could let me know it'd be much appreciated!
    You can book the UHI accommodation now

ReputationRep:
    Have yous booked accommodation at UHI or Raigmore? I don't know where to book yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma474)
    Have yous booked accommodation at UHI or Raigmore? I don't know where to book yet!
    I've filled out the booking forms for both but I don't know which one to pick either!

ReputationRep:
    Isn't this campus being handed over to UHI in 2017 to save costs?
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by SausageMan)
    Isn't this campus being handed over to UHI in 2017 to save costs?
    Yes, that's the case, although the reason given by UoS was that it would allow for better accommodation and student experience, which is probably true considering Highland and Western Isles students aren't exactly well-integrated at the minute.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, just thought I'd like you guys know in case you didn't (because I didn't)
    So I visited the campus yesterday and got to have a look at the NHS accommodation. I wasn't expecting much as I've heard it's pretty bad but they've actually refurbished a lot of it and made it pretty nice.
    I was planning to book UHI accommodation but after seeing the NHS one I don't want to spend loads of extra money when I'd be happy there ☺️
    They've modernised it, replaced all the furniture, added extra showers and toilets to each block so there's now 2 showers and toilets between 4!
    The lady also said that they're finally getting wifi in the next few months.
    Also, you get to stay there for the whole three years and you don't need to move out at all.
    The rooms are also pretty big compared to a lot of other student accommodation!
    They've not refurbished every single flat so if you're booking it then you could just ask for one of the refurbished flats in Eilean Court and I'm sure they'd give it to you as the lady that showed me round and booked me in yesterday was really nice!
    Hope this helps haha, feel free to message me any questions about it ☺️ x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.