Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zimmirc)
    How did you get 40gsin(15) for the compnent of the weight down the slope whe I drew out the triangle I kept getting 40g/sin(15) then couldn't gett the question to work.

Name:  IMG_0008.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  190.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_dragon)
    This was the WORST exam I have EVER done.
    E P I C L Y failed it. I didnt even bother doing question 7, and I screwed up most of question 8 and the rest of the questions aswell. I literally am so angry right now. I really wanted an A at AS, but now I can only get a freaking C at the most.
    Don't worry, that's how I felt about S1, BEFORE as well as after the exam xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CWE)
    Anyone know what the grade boundary for an A is normally in ters of raw marks?
    The boundaries are normally very high, normally around 57 for an A, ranges from about 52-60

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelmes96)
    Name:  IMG_0008.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  190.4 KB
    thanks mate . Assuming all of yours is correct (bar question 1 ) then I lost maybe 6-8 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axion)
    thanks mate . Assuming all of yours is correct (bar question 1 ) then I lost maybe 6-8 marks
    Being harsh on myself (really strict), I think I have 61-67/72

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twin)
    The boundaries are normally very high, normally around 57 for an A, ranges from about 52-60
    Okay, cheers pal

ReputationRep:
    Well, here it is guys...

http://db.tt/STbgP2wY
    question 7v, the only upwards force is 40gcos60, we can't assume anything about Tcos beta as we don't know the value of beta. So my answer was the maximum upwards force Abi can give is 40gcos60 which is 20g. 20g is less than 250 so she can't raise it to this point

ReputationRep:
    Really didn't like this and M2 today wasn't much better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoa123)
    question 7v, the only upwards force is 40gcos60, we can't assume anything about Tcos beta as we don't know the value of beta. So my answer was the maximum upwards force Abi can give is 40gcos60 which is 20g. 20g is less than 250 so she can't raise it to this point
    I had no idea about this one :O

however, the maximum force she can apply is her own weight.... :O which is 40g.... but I have no idea so don't quote me. It just seemed reasonable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBeesKnees)
    Really didn't like this and M2 today wasn't much better!
    m2 was the worst thing i've ever done

ReputationRep:
    so after that m1 and m2 back to back, any recommendations of where I should go on my gap year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma212)
    so after that m1 and m2 back to back, any recommendations of where I should go on my gap year?
    To a bookshop to buy an M3 textbook

only joking not in hell yet

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I found this exam better than S1, but then again, none of the questions I absolutely hate came up, except maybe Abi being underweight. If what people wrote here is the right answer, then I probably got it right.

I made a stupid mistake on explaining the projectile motion question. I said that the distance will be the same as long as it's not projected horizontally BUT forgot to include vertically as well, which was the main point they would be looking for I guess. I then proceeded to explain how time and initial speed are related.

The first question was just dreadful. I put 16g up, 9g compressing down, and 7g weight down. No idea whether that was right or not.

The last question, I attempted doing a quadratic, and it failed. So I found the time it took for the sledge or w/e it was until the velocity became 0 and also found the distance. Then I added 13m to that distance and found the time for the sledge to travel that distance with u being 0 and a being the same. Added both times together and got 7.65s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dada55)
    I don't know, I found this exam better than S1, but then again, none of the questions I absolutely hate came up, except maybe Abi being underweight. If what people wrote here is the right answer, then I probably got it right.

I made a stupid mistake on explaining the projectile motion question. I said that the distance will be the same as long as it's not projected horizontally BUT forgot to include vertically as well, which was the main point they would be looking for I guess. I then proceeded to explain how time and initial speed are related.

The first question was just dreadful. I put 16g up, 9g compressing down, and 7g weight down. No idea whether that was right or not.

The last question, I attempted doing a quadratic, and it failed. So I found the time it took for the sledge or w/e it was until the velocity became 0 and also found the distance. Then I added 13m to that distance and found the time for the sledge to travel that distance with u being 0 and a being the same. Added both times together and got 7.65s.
    A long method, but a method none the less. Good! (last part)

ReputationRep:
    answer to last question??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student992)
    answer to last question??
    yeah having 7.65s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanm95)
    Well s**t
    It was tan45=1 so o/a=1 so xcomponent/ycomponent=1 so you just equal them both together. get a quadratic, get two values and select the appropriate.

You'll only lose 1 mark max. Thats if they say dont except extra values, otherwise your fine

ReputationRep:
    yeah having 7.65s
    i thought 3.15 something??

ReputationRep:
    can somone please guide me to links with a c1 and c2 unnofiicial mark scheme and quesion paper. would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    A long method, but a method none the less. Good! (last part)
    During the exam, I genuinely though that the quadratic couldn't work, so I did that method and even then attempted to check the quadratic having already found the time and it still didn't work, so I assume I must of got the signs wrong somewhere in the quadratic.
    Just happy that I got it right.

I'll be interested in the grade boundaries, hopefully you don't need 100% raw marks for 100% ums as then every mark brings down your UMS so much :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.