Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's not that they are tough. I get bored easily and I am still trying to find the optimum revison techniques for me. I've tried loads but none that actually keep me entertained.

(Original post by study beats)
    what? so your underpeforming in all your subjects?.....it seems as if your finding them really tough....i have only been flopping physics though...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    My favorite A-Levels? without a doubt mathematic and all sorts of natural sciences, but especially physics!

ReputationRep:
    History! Absolutely fascinating and fun

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My favourite was Chemistry, mainly because of the experiments with the mad looking apparatus!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    My favourite was Chemistry, mainly because of the experiments with the mad looking apparatus!
    This. That's why I'm taking it at uni .
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    History or biology, I love them both so can't decide :love:

They're just so so interesting
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would have to say biology:
    This is because I find the content challenging but also really interesting at the same time because you can relate a lot of it to everyday life. Also my teachers use to pick on my a lot and talk down to me which encouraged me to really work to spite them
    I have a place now to study Biomedical Science at university which I am looking forward to

ReputationRep:
    Physics...our lessons are full of experiments. I don't think we've even once made notes.
    One time we used a popcorn machine to mimic radioactive decay :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gotta be Mathematics! Everything's just so logical and it's just awesome when you can do a 10 marker in M3!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    English Literature, I quite like reading/analysing texts :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    The thing that annoys me most about A-levels is the markscheme culture, basically if its not on the markscheme, its not valuable? what kind of **** is that, that is the one thing I think they should change, be more open to other ideas than just what they decided to print one day. But the markschemes for maths are very accurate as there is one right answer, unlike explanatory subjects
    hmm anyone for TSR Edexcel Hater society??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Stuart Mill)
    hmm anyone for TSR Edexcel Hater society??
    Haha I've changed my mind again though, they gave me an A for both of my history exams (including the retake) but yes revolt against Edexhell

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry, I love the calculations and the experiments. We made Aspirin once

ReputationRep:
    I honestly loved all my A2 subjects/ Spanish bc I love the language and we had a great teacher so classes were always fun. Religion because it was interesting/I love essay based subjects and geography because I loved the case studies and found it easy/a lot of it to be common sense.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by x-Sophie-x)
    Physics...our lessons are full of experiments. I don't think we've even once made notes.
    One time we used a popcorn machine to mimic radioactive decay :lol:
    That sounds very funny I guess your teacher was very inventive, wasn't he? and what was his/her explanation in terms of a popcorn machine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    That sounds very funny I guess your teacher was very inventive, wasn't he? and what was his/her explanation in terms of a popcorn machine?
    I know Haha yes, he's even patented this microwave invention thing

It was just to show the random nature of radioactive decay lol. Very educational :rolleyes: The best bit was eating the leftover popcorn

He's also made us this wooden board with a 'nucleus' and balls flying everywhere just so we could understand the Rutherford's scattering experiment :L And we did some electronic work to make a mini Geiger counter :lol: Plus some experiments with dry ice and we even went on the field so he could show us the explosion of his 'bomb'. And countless other little experiments, it's been a fun year xD

It's so sad he's leaving though

ReputationRep:
    Physics
    Maths

Don't have to raise a paw for those two subjects.:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Out of Biology, Philosophy and Psychology, which is best?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dualcore)
    This. That's why I'm taking it at uni .
    Lol, I took it at Uni for that reason too!

ReputationRep:
    Biology, because you can get away with revising the night before the exam, and still get an A.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.