Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Igneous1)
    I had a really odd dream recently where I 'woke up' in the dream, and my right arm was a mess. The skin was burnt, lots of flesh was missing, I could clearly see my severed viens and bone, and all I felt was intrigued and mildly surprised. I can't really describe how awful it looked, or how surprised I was at my reaction when I properly woke up...

I just read the quoted text and remember this
    Yeah, dreams are really weird things :P I've never had anything quite that bad, but usually odd things happen when you look in the mirror, and I find it not strange at all when my face changes massively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smaug123)
    Yeah, dreams are really weird things :P I've never had anything quite that bad, but usually odd things happen when you look in the mirror, and I find it not strange at all when my face changes massively.
    I have a slight fear of what I will see when I eventually get round to looking in a mirror, which is very bad. :/
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by djpatch)
    I have a slight fear of what I will see when I eventually get round to looking in a mirror, which is very bad. :/
    I've done it by accident a couple of times before becoming lucid, so I'm fairly comfortable with it - nothing too bad can happen, and I've never seen any windows into my soul or anything.

ReputationRep:
    I've done it by accident a couple of times before becoming lucid, so I'm fairly comfortable with it - nothing too bad can happen, and I've never seen any windows into my soul or anything.
    Mirrors freak me out now, since the last time
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Mirrors freak me out now, since the last time
    Sorry, remind me what happened last time?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, remind me what happened last time?
    Have you ever watched that Kids Horror Movie? The Haunted House? With Eddie Murphy?

Basically you know that scene where his face is emaciated and like famined earth in the mirror?

My face was like that, and my eyes were missing...

I could see the reflection, but I had no eyes
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    Have you ever watched that Kids Horror Movie? The Haunted House? With Eddie Murphy?

Basically you know that scene where his face is emaciated and like famined earth in the mirror?

My face was like that, and my eyes were missing...

I could see the reflection, but I had no eyes
    Never seen it, but wow, that is a bit scary :P I've never had anything like that, so maybe you were just unlucky!

ReputationRep:
    Never seen it, but wow, that is a bit scary :P I've never had anything like that, so maybe you were just unlucky!
    It was horrible tbh, I was screaming and nothing came out. And I awoke with that "gasp for air"

ReputationRep:
    It was horrible tbh, I was screaming and nothing came out. And I awoke with that "gasp for air"
    ...and that is why I fear mirrors :lol:

ReputationRep:
    ...and that is why I fear mirrors :lol:
    :lol:

Dream last night, a few of them.

I had my first "Zombie Apocalypse" one :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Had an odd dream where me and a female friend were a couple and were about to go and tell my parents about us, and I kept saying to her "it's okay because this is only a dream so none of it really matters!". Woke up before we actually got to my house!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    Had an odd dream where me and a female friend were a couple and were about to go and tell my parents about us, and I kept saying to her "it's okay because this is only a dream so none of it really matters!". Woke up before we actually got to my house!
    So did you actually know or were you just saying that? :P

:lol:

Dream last night, a few of them.

I had my first "Zombie Apocalypse" one :teehee:
    I had somewhat of a horror movie dream last night

Maybe we should start a dream journal thread in the group for everyone to post their dream journal entries in? It'd be nice to have everyones in a separate thread but that really would clog up the forum :P

ReputationRep:

I had somewhat of a horror movie dream last night

Maybe we should start a dream journal thread in the group for everyone to post their dream journal entries in? It'd be nice to have everyones in a separate thread but that really would clog up the forum :P
    We could spoiler and edit each post?

So we have a page I.e page 15, dedicated to dream journals, and we edit our post for each dream?
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    We could spoiler and edit each post?

So we have a page I.e page 15, dedicated to dream journals, and we edit our post for each dream?
    A good idea

ReputationRep:
    A good idea
    So, shall we do that?

Page 13:mmm:
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    So, shall we do that?

Page 13:mmm:
    Unlucky for some… roll on the posts!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but then for anyone new that comes along their Dream Journal would be on a different page

It's a good idea but I get the feeling it'd be easier to keep it all in one place and in a different thread

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure I knew, was then telling myself in the dream, who was then telling my friend in the dream. Haha. :confused:
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    Yeah but then for anyone new that comes along their Dream Journal would be on a different page

It's a good idea but I get the feeling it'd be easier to keep it all in one place and in a different thread
    Good point… new thread it is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    I'm pretty sure I knew, was then telling myself in the dream, who was then telling my friend in the dream. Haha. :confused:
    Then congrats on the lucid! :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.