Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Going to be hard for 10 men. Sunderland haven't won in 6 games so they will be desperate for this.

ReputationRep:
    Fs hope sunderland bottle it in the second half.

ReputationRep:
    Disappointing result against Sunderland but probably played better in that game than in the Southampton one. Funny old game.

ReputationRep:
    Highlights of todays match if anyone wants a watch

http://www.goalsaim.com/everton-vs-q...s-2014-fa-cup/

ReputationRep:
    Everton fans...a few questions for you.

Do you think that David Moyes just held you back, given how well you are doing now and how bad Manchester United are doing?

Do you think David Moyes will 'come good' at Manchester United, or do you think it is finally coming home to roost what a bad manager he is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    Everton fans...a few questions for you.

Do you think that David Moyes just held you back, given how well you are doing now and how bad Manchester United are doing?

Do you think David Moyes will 'come good' at Manchester United, or do you think it is finally coming home to roost what a bad manager he is?
    When he took over, we were by and large, shocking. So I'm forever grateful for him for taking us up a level (4th-8th). However, he just couldn't take the next step for some reason even though I believed we had the quality in the squad to finish higher in the table and go on better cup runs. Hopefully, Martinez enables us to take the next step and the inital signs are very promising indeed.

As for United, I believe it's harsh to throw Moyes under a bus for the performances this season. I don't think the squad is good enough, and I think that Ferguson knew it (hence his retirement). Moyes set numerous players he wanted in the window and the backroom staff failed by and large to get them in. So I think they should take a brunt of the blame too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stylo92)
    As for United, I believe it's harsh to throw Moyes under a bus for the performances this season. I don't think the squad is good enough, and I think that Ferguson knew it (hence his retirement). Moyes set numerous players he wanted in the window and the backroom staff failed by and large to get them in. So I think they should take a brunt of the blame too.
    Fergie would have still done better.

The players Moyes set that he wanted were either completely unattainable, or involved absolutely pathetic bids or irresponsible bids. 40m euros for Khedira, 28m for Fellaini and baines. Not paying his release clause then paying over the odds for Fellaini as his release clause expired. Then publicly bidding for Fabregas :facepalm2:

People thought it was a smokescreen, but god damn that's poor transfer marketing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Fergie would have still done better.

The players Moyes set that he wanted were either completely unattainable, or involved absolutely pathetic bids or irresponsible bids. 40m euros for Khedira, 28m for Fellaini and baines. Not paying his release clause then paying over the odds for Fellaini as his release clause expired. Then publicly bidding for Fabregas :facepalm2:

People thought it was a smokescreen, but god damn that's poor transfer marketing.
    Well yes, it is Ferguson after all. Hard act to follow, like.

Aye, it was. But again, that's not Moyes, it's Woodward (I think that's his name) and the backroom staff members who deal with transfers.

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...spartak-moscow

New signing

ReputationRep:
    Not that I'm taking anything away from Moyes, good article on how long term fans see Martinez. http://www.evertonarentwe.com/articl...9/encapsulated
    There must be another version of this because it no longer says that Moyes never brought Kendall to Finch Farm; Martinez did so quickly, so that current players know that they are not playing for any ordinary team - bringing a winning mentality.

Also v dominant 2-0 win today, at home with Norwich. Once Jelavic was 'gone' a new signing (ideally striker) albeit winger had to be signed. Naismith . Let's hope Barkley's back for the Derby.

Continue with the sunshine..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbkUWzTdn2Y

Edit
    In the first 20 games of last season, Everton under Moyes collected 33 points, scoring 33 goals and conceding 25. After 20 games this season, United have 34 points, scored 33 goals and conceded 24.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...chester-united
    Its hard to give United the underdogs tag!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone around us keeps winning as well, which is slightly annoying. Just have to keep up with the pack.

Those 3 draws at the start are looking costly.

ReputationRep:
    I'm impressed by the job Roberto Martinez is doing at the club. When he was appointed, everyone was talking about a "Wiganisation" of the club and Everton being relegation battlers again. Now it appears he's proved everyone wrong and may even become the next Spain manager

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%2...sm=93&ie=UTF-8
    16 Aug 2013 - The only way is down for Everton as Roberto Martinez continues the Wiganisation of the club. He's already signed Arouna Kone, Antolin ...

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...-lacina-traore

Monaco striker Lacina Traore is to undergo a medical at Everton, according to Sky sources.

The 6ft 8ins striker was set to join West Ham last week, and even had a work permit granted, but Sam Allardyce missed out on Ivory Coast international who is now on his way to Merseyside.

Everton look to have hijacked the deal for Traore and Allardyce admitted there is nothing they can do to stop the Goodison Park outfit signing the player.

ReputationRep:
    He was spotted in Huyton with an official Everton driver.

ReputationRep:
    Any of you guys seen everton players in town before?

ReputationRep:
    Should be interesting to see if McGeady gets any playing time tonight, always been a talented lad. Got a feeling it's gonna be a tough game away at West Brom tonight though, these are the kind of games we have to win if we wanna sneak that top 4 spot. COYB!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think you guys will manage to keep Barry and Lukaku in the summer. Barry for about 10 mil, possibly lower and Lukaku for about 25 mil. He's def not making it into that Chelsea squad next season as I think they'll be after a striker

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Over2you)
    I think you guys will manage to keep Barry and Lukaku in the summer. Barry for about 10 mil, possibly lower and Lukaku for about 25 mil. He's def not making it into that Chelsea squad next season as I think they'll be after a striker

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Barry's contract with city runs out in the summer doesn't it?

I doubt we'll get Lukaku.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Barry's contract with city runs out in the summer doesn't it?

I doubt we'll get Lukaku.
    This, do Everton even have 25 mil?

Eto'o is leaving at the end of this year, so likelyhood is that Lukaku will take his place.

ReputationRep:
    So poor tonight.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.