Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i went tot he toilet. Whats happened to Rosberg? where is he?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone with Sky or at least good telemetry data tell me how far behind Rosberg Hamilton is? Just curious, and I'm only following on BBC Live Text... oh the shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    Button was not slow until Perez ruined his race. He was on the cards for at least 4th, and maybe a podium - now he will be lucky to finish in the top 8.

Now even Alonso is ahead of Button!
    Ok so your saying Button is doing badly because Perez was actually trying to race him?

If Button was such a good driver he wouldnt need Perez to let him have it easy.

Perez is just trying to prove himself after a tough start to the season and is doing a good job at it!

ReputationRep:
    So Button has made a 4th stop, and Perez is not going to have to stop again?

WTF.

Button should always get the best strategies. Hopefully Perez' tyres will melt soon and he will go backwards.

I'm almost crying here, what a wasted opportunity for Button.

ReputationRep:
    I watched my first race in 1995. I think I know more than you, tbh.
    Ouch, you got me there, my first was Argentina 1996. I guess those few extra months qualifies you to make such moronic statements.

ReputationRep:
    Good battles happening throughout the pack. Hamilton V Webber and Alonso V Perez.

ReputationRep:
    Awful, awful race from McLaren. Very disappointed with the team, and especially Perez.

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic from Hamilton to manage the 5th spot he was aiming for. Had a fiver on him to make top 6 so I'm happy

ReputationRep:
    Great Race. Same top 3 as last year actually.

Better racing shown by Perez and Grosjean today.

Obviously Alonso would have been up there in second without the DRS problem but good agressive driving by the others.

ReputationRep:
    Best drive of the race? For me it's Perez. I can just imagine him shouting (in Spanish) inside his helmet;

"No, **** YOU, I'm taking your position and I don't give a **** what you do."

Finally, some aggression.

Good recovery by the Lotuses after a rubbish qualifying as well. As I maintained since Friday, they could have won with a Top 5 quali position.

ReputationRep:
    was lots of great racing today.

Shame for Di Resta but think if he keeps up driving like that he will get a podium at some point.

Impressed with Hamilton achieving the 5th he wanted. Especially as Rosberg went from 1st to 9th.

ReputationRep:
    Shame about Alonso's DRS but otherwise the race was pretty entertaining. Good drives from Di Resta, Grosjean and Perez showing that they aren't pushovers...

ReputationRep:
    Hamilton and Raikkonen did really well.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching the post-race analysis? Funny stuff between Button and Perez.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bad day for ferrari with Alonso's DRS and Massa's tyre punctures

ReputationRep:
    I watched my first race in 1995. I think I know more than you, tbh.
    Experience is nothing when blinded by ignorance.

Perez did what the team told him to do. Be more aggressive. I don't think he took it too far. Button had it coming when he deliberately let off the throttle at T4 when Perez was going for the switchback. JB risked an accident, and at that point Perez basically had the right to get a bit more feisty with JB on the following laps.

How rubbish is Guti though? People say guys like Maldonado and Perez are only there for the money, but, crikey, Guti really is turning into a proper pay driver. Beaten by Pic's Caterham on merit. Nowhere near his team-mate. Absolutely rubbish. If it wasn't for the Telmex money he'd be sacked mid-season.

ReputationRep:
    Button and Rosberg having to stop 4 times was absurd, Pirelli need to fix the tyres cause that's just bull****, they got penalised for racing ffs, in the supposed elite of motor-racing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    Button and Rosberg having to stop 4 times was absurd, Pirelli need to fix the tyres cause that's just bull****, they got penalised for racing ffs, in the supposed elite of motor-racing...

They should stop changing the tyre compounds every bloody time. I

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    Some people managed the race on 2 stops so it wasn't that bad today. The softer tyre was lasting a good 15 laps most of the time.

Is it the perfect solution? Probably not but it's an extra element to the strategy.

Driver of the day?

On one hand you have Vettel with a dominant win, then you have Grosjean/Perez both having decent races with less than perfect cars and after runs of bad form and then you have Alonso having no DRSfor the entire race and coming back to score strong points.

I want to go with Perez since he raced like a proper Mclaren driver today for the first time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Some people managed the race on 2 stops so it wasn't that bad today. The softer tyre was lasting a good 15 laps most of the time.

Is it the perfect solution? Probably not but it's an extra element to the strategy.
    1. "some people" meaning essentially only the Lotuses, Di Resta managed it but his race pace suffered hugely at times because of it.

2. unless you tried to do what the whole point of F1 is...and actually race on them...

3. it's not an "extra element", it's basically the only element that matters at all anymore...which is farcical, they need to fix it cause 2 races in a row now the tyre deg (for different reasons) has been a joke.

driver of the day for me would be Di Resta or Hamilton, Di Resta managed 2 stops despite the huge fall off in race pace which the Lotuses didn't suffer with, Hamilton managed to go from 11th at one point to 5th in a car that's harder on tyres (see Rosberg's falling from 1st to 9th)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.