The Student Room Group

Step Up to Social Work 2014

Scroll to see replies

So pleased just found out this morning that I am attending lancashire assessment day next week! Is a full day 9-4.30pm. Good luck everyone, hope you all do well xx
Reply 201
Original post by aathert
hi i have applied for cheshire west and received an email last thursday to say i was successful, that there's i'd a first stage assesment on 17th which is a 1 hour written assesment, then if successful there are 4 other dates available for the second stage which is a 45 min interview, a 15 phone role play, a group excersise and self assesment.
I haven't researched percentages of successful applicant etc as i don't want to worry myself lol, but cannot find any further info regarding what to expect from the assesment centres! Any help would be appriciated

to those who has done the assessment can you shed a little a light on what it entails? Do we need to revise for anything or know anything?
Original post by sanbam
Hi guys, I am hoping most of u did apply. I'm currently on the second cohort of the programme. We're due to officially finish on 26/7/13. The last our application had to be in at the end of August and we got the invite to attend the assessment centre mid-oct. The assessment part of it took place in the second week of November and successful candidates were informed within a week. Its a great route giving you experience within statutory setting and although you're not guaranteed a job at the end of the programme, i would still recommend it. If anyone requires any info about anything then give me a shout. I may not be able to shed much light on the course content as we're undertaking a 18 month MA. However I'm happy to help anyway I can. Good luck to you all who applied. X

Hiya,

im due to go through to the second stages of the selection process next week. I was wondering if you could let me know what to expect at all. Not much info on that online. Any pointers would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 203
Original post by Winstonsone
Wednesday too! Guess I'll see you there...:eek: xx

Did you get a phone all saying te location had changed? I received a phonecall to say I was successful and to let me know that the location had changed, and that they would email me the details across, but when tey emailed me it had Halton on it still so I emailed susw and they said the location was still the same so now in confused a bit
Reply 204
Original post by taitai18
to those who has done the assessment can you shed a little a light on what it entails? Do we need to revise for anything or know anything?

Obv's can't give too much away (group rules etc) but no revision will really help, it's quite generic you'll either know it or won't really. Sorry cant be more help
Reply 205
Original post by AAthert
Obv's can't give too much away (group rules etc) but no revision will really help, it's quite generic you'll either know it or won't really. Sorry cant be more help

Thanks!!!!!!!!!:colondollar:
Reply 206
Original post by deankb1
<br />
<br />

I'm not really local, I live in Stafford so I'm going to get the train down first thing in order to avoid traffic issues and probably get there a good hour or so early. Are you local to Birmingham? What area are you applying for?

no way it's a small world! I live in stafford too!! I was thinking of driving but leaving ridiculously early! I applied for staffordshire same as you!
Original post by AAthert
Did you get a phone all saying te location had changed? I received a phonecall to say I was successful and to let me know that the location had changed, and that they would email me the details across, but when tey emailed me it had Halton on it still so I emailed susw and they said the location was still the same so now in confused a bit

No mention of change of location. They said it would be at Halton stadium and the email says that too. Hope we dont end up in the wrong place! Oh dear...one more thing to stress about! :s-smilie:
Reply 208
Has everyone been asked to take documentation to the assessment centres? I have my degree certificate but I have no idea where my GCSE certificates are...
Reply 209
Original post by sanbam
Hi guys, I am hoping most of u did apply. I'm currently on the second cohort of the programme. We're due to officially finish on 26/7/13. The last our application had to be in at the end of August and we got the invite to attend the assessment centre mid-oct. The assessment part of it took place in the second week of November and successful candidates were informed within a week. Its a great route giving you experience within statutory setting and although you're not guaranteed a job at the end of the programme, i would still recommend it. If anyone requires any info about anything then give me a shout. I may not be able to shed much light on the course content as we're undertaking a 18 month MA. However I'm happy to help anyway I can. Good luck to you all who applied. X

Hi, can you give me any tips for the assessment day? I have literaly just heard I am going tomorrow!!! Never done anything like this before being a teacher! xxx Many thanks
Reply 210
Hi,, I have been told today that I am invited to an assessment day tomorrow. Very late notice. Excited but feel a bit un prepared. Any tips will be very helpful.
Thanks x
Original post by takemethere
Has everyone been asked to take documentation to the assessment centres? I have my degree certificate but I have no idea where my GCSE certificates are...

Yes they check all your documentation is correct before assessment begins. X
Reply 212
When I called they said that without original an copies of certificates we would not be permitted to undertake the assessment? Sorry if that's bad news for you? I think you can get more copies from your high school...
Has anyone applied to bracknell or anywhere in Berkshire??? Still haven't heard anything and the longer it gets the worse I think my application was!! X
Original post by Ellebelle88
Has anyone applied to bracknell or anywhere in Berkshire??? Still haven't heard anything and the longer it gets the worse I think my application was!! X

I applied to Surrey and still haven't heard. Am going to ring them again today to see if they know anymore!
Reply 215
eurghhh I had my assessment day yesterday and I think I did really bad :frown: I'm disappointed because I feel like I didn't tell them enough about myself. I hope they do another cohort so I can apply again next year.
Reply 216
Sorry to hear that MDaisy, you never know though. Have you seen Frontline? Its practically the same and you can apply in september this year, and you'd be well prepared for it then having gone through the assessment day for this. Not to ask about the assessment and give anyone else an unfair advantage but are the interviews with the uni/ council difficult? Thats the part i'm most worried about!
Reply 217
Just had a look at frontline - don't know about the 5 week residential though - I have children so not sure how that would work?! In my opinion, the interviews were the most challenging part, but everyone is different and some may disagree. I found it very challenging, and the day in itself is tough so get plenty of sleep the night before. As others have said, the tasks cannot be prepared for , its just about using your common sense really so don't worry to much, just keep it together in your interview (unlike me!) I would say the standard of applicants is VERY high so its tough competition, but they did say we had done extremely well to get to this point as 3000 people applied!
Good luck!!
Reply 218
Original post by Winstonsone
No mention of change of location. They said it would be at Halton stadium and the email says that too. Hope we dont end up in the wrong place! Oh dear...one more thing to stress about! :s-smilie:

That's the thing, I received an email saying congrats and it had the criminal dec form and references form as the original email they sent didn't have the attachments so they said we will email you then if your successful so I was like yay. Then once I responded I got a phone call from like the head office saying congratulations your through to the next stage, but oh by the way the location has changed ill email you the details through later today, so I was like oh ok. Then the next thing the email came through but with Halton still on it so I emailed the normal email address as this one came from a no reply one and asked if the location had changed and they were like nope still the same. So now I'm like ok it must be Halton stadium but there still a niggling doubt because I'm like why would te woman on the phone lie lol x
Reply 219
Guys,
I am in bits, I was waiting and waiting.....I don't know what to do.....I have about five minutes ago received an email from Penna saying that I should have been at an assessment center today and should ring them to know what happened, why I did not show up!!!
Please, I did not receive an email or phone call about my assessment today!!!!

i called Penna and am waiting for them to get back to me.....actually crying it means so much to me.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending