Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Yeah, I get all that!
    So learning a language is a skill? So how do I prove that?
    Well I'm going to ask a language teacher at my school if I can meet up with her for a couple minutes a week for her to ask me a couple of questions in French on whatever I've taught myself during the week (eg, what did you have for lunch today? What are you doing on the weekend?) and then sign the piece of paper to say I've covered certain topics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pabblethefish)
    Yup! AQA B3. My school tried organising a year book until they did a survey and only about 30/120 students said they would buy it and they worked out that they needed three quarters of the year needed to buy it for it to break even! :rofl:

I am quite sad I'm finishing But I'm quite excited for Thursday, I'm dressing up as a pirate with my friends and it's tradition to play pranks at my school so we're going to blow up hundreds of balloons and put them waist high in the corridors and staff room
    Haha I'm quite nervous about B3 too, the only bit I fount alright was 3.4 tbh...and oh really? Practically everyone in my year wanted one! I'm trying to get as many people as possible to sign it haha. And have fun with them pranks I think we don't have to do anything on that Firday though....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    :eek: we only have French or German. (And I think there's N option to take Chinese in the sixth form).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Our school has a lot of emphasis on taking Languages and Music,
    This girl I know from my school got a scholarship in Harvard university to study music
    We have sent many people to Oxbridge and I believe last year about 11 people on to study Medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm going to ask a language teacher at my school if I can meet up with her for a couple minutes a week for her to ask me a couple of questions in French on whatever I've taught myself during the week (eg, what did you have for lunch today? What are you doing on the weekend?) and then sign the piece of paper to say I've covered certain topics
    So would French A Level be enough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    What's the first letter of your school?:P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was joking, it's unlikely. I live in a part of the UK which nobody ever lives (if that makes sense?:rolleyes:)

But it's D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MizRman)
    Anyone got the Edexcel RE exam on Monday?
    I think its edexcel. but I've got some RS exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yup! AQA B3. My school tried organising a year book until they did a survey and only about 30/120 students said they would buy it and they worked out that they needed three quarters of the year needed to buy it for it to break even! :rofl:

I am quite sad I'm finishing But I'm quite excited for Thursday, I'm dressing up as a pirate with my friends and it's tradition to play pranks at my school so we're going to blow up hundreds of balloons and put them waist high in the corridors and staff room
    Ooh we're supposed to have a year book but we haven't had a meeting for ages. It'll most likely flop. Think we get ours for free.. But it probably wont be amazing quality like the american ones.

And that's sooo cool! We'd never be allowed to play pranks or anything! The most fun we ever had was when there was a power cut and the school was in pitch blackness and we ran around like crazies in the dark. But pranks are so cool! (

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Two hours revision done. Need to do French. But its so dull.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :slap:
    French is not dull :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    So would French A Level be enough?
    I think there's a rule - anything that you do for DofE can't cross over with school work. For example, an extra hour revising chemistry a week isn't allowed to count as skill. An extra hour of teaching yourself quantum physics a week would be (maybe), as long as it's not in the school syllabus. Doing an actual A level wouldn't count, I don't think, sorry!

ReputationRep:

lool, I miss braces ;'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ...You know, sometimes, in a realllly weird way, I do too. And I never thought it possible

ReputationRep:
    I think there's a rule - anything that you do for DofE can't cross over with school work. For example, an extra hour revising chemistry a week isn't allowed to count as skill. An extra hour of teaching yourself quantum physics a week would be (maybe), as long as it's not in the school syllabus. Doing an actual A level wouldn't count, I don't think, sorry!
    Pretty sure my friend did bakery for his skill and took Food Tech GCSE to show it he was doing A levels - not 100% sure though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think its edexcel. but I've got some RS exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We're not allowed to discuss it right after we have the exam tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just did some 36/40 on the reading

ReputationRep:
    Damn I have other languages I'm teaching myself though, so they count right?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :unimpressed: It's not dull!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Ooh we're supposed to have a year book but we haven't had a meeting for ages. It'll most likely flop. Think we get ours for free.. But it probably wont be amazing quality like the american ones.

And that's sooo cool! We'd never be allowed to play pranks or anything! The most fun we ever had was when there was a power cut and the school was in pitch blackness and we ran around like crazies in the dark. But pranks are so cool! (

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, they were planning to be around £15 per book and most people were saying they'd rather just look on Facebook

Haha that sounds funny and we're allowed but the SLT are always on duty and nobody in the school is allowed to go to the toilet during lessons on muck up day because they try to limit the pranks but the year 11s do it anyway. To be fair, I don't think they're really that bothered though, what's the worst an all-girls year 11 group can do? :angel: It's all just a bit of tongue in cheek humour though, nothing vicious

ReputationRep:
    yawn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Nor)
    Haha I'm quite nervous about B3 too, the only bit I fount alright was 3.4 tbh...and oh really? Practically everyone in my year wanted one! I'm trying to get as many people as possible to sign it haha. And have fun with them pranks I think we don't have to do anything on that Firday though....

It's the last topic I don't like, the questions are always really open and the answers are always syllabus specific even though there are other correct answers! I know this is common place with all exam papers but more-so in B3 4 I think

ReputationRep:
    Our school has a lot of emphasis on taking Languages and Music,
    This girl I know from my school got a scholarship in Harvard university to study music
    We have sent many people to Oxbridge and I believe last year about 11 people on to study Medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, definitely not my school We sent about 2-4 people to Oxbridge each year and have little care for music (which is a shame).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.