Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pharaoh96)
    Can anyone remember any of the answers that they got for the second part of the bowling probability question? I got 0.72, 0, 0.684, 0.00425. Are they right?
    I definitely got the same as you for the last one but I can't remember anything else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seajamiet)
    My Confidence interval for Q6 was 19.7 lower and 20.1 upper
    MY standard error for Q6 was 0.08 when it equals sigma/sqrootN (I remember doing sqroot10)
    Q6Bi: I got 0.012
    Q6BII I got 0.762

For The PMCC question about which has strongest correlation i said X with Y was the strongest correlation.
    I got all that

x-y was the most strongest correlated

I think the r value came to 0.98 when you had to calculate it

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    For the second part of probabilities i worked out percentages and got 89 and 84 percent i believe. On one of those probabilities i got 0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hodge95)
    Hi, please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you were meant to do it to the power of 10 as you were asked for 'each bag' and not '10 bags'??
    I can't remember the question so someone else has to correct me on this

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if I did it right, but I did one tree diagram for Wednesday and one for Thursday, then found the probability that they both didn't bowl for wednesday and then prob that they both didn't bowl on thursday and X them together. Final answer was 0.0425???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pharaoh96)
    Not sure if I did it right, but I did one tree diagram for Wednesday and one for Thursday, then found the probability that they both didn't bowl for wednesday and then prob that they both didn't bowl on thursday and X them together. Final answer was 0.0425???
    It was 0.00425

ReputationRep:
    For the second part of probabilities i worked out percentages and got 89 and 84 percent i believe. On one of those probabilities i got 0
    Yeah The one marker probability question

P ( the girl bowls and Dave doesn't bowl) or something = 0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Son234)
    I got all that

x-y was the most strongest correlated

I think the r value came to 0.98 when you had to calculate it

Correlations were 0.6, 0.91 and 0.98 to as many sig figs i can remember from the test

ReputationRep:
    For the last part of the auction house question, did people get the answer as 27 (out of 40)?
    I literally had no idea what I was doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoseBrilliante)
    For the last part of the auction house question, did people get the answer as 27 (out of 40)?
    I literally had no idea what I was doing
    40x0.85 = p(met reserve price)

34x0.5= p(met lowest estimate price)

17x(1-0.175)= p(did not meet the highest estimate price)

So it was 14 that's my logic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maggiehodgson)
    Did you do two probability trees (Wed & Thurs) and then a combination tree? That's what I did but it was only a guess.
    Yeah but no combination tree, I was going to add the probabilities off the two tables but it would get more than 1, so I divided it by 2 as there was 2 days, I know it's wrong, but...

ReputationRep:
    Correlations were 0.6, 0.91 and 0.98 to as many sig figs i can remember from the test
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    Uh huh you know what It is those are what I got

I got those too

ReputationRep:
    40x0.85 = p(met reserve price)

34x0.5= p(met lowest estimate price)

17x(1-0.175)= p(did not meet the highest estimate price)

So it was 14 that's my logic

Yeah, I probably got it wrong then :/

ReputationRep:
    Did everyone find that it was different to the past paper questions by far and they expected you do a lot more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoseBrilliante)
    Yeah, I probably got it wrong then :/
    I put 27 too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welbeck)
    Did everyone find that it was different to the past paper questions by far and they expected you do a lot more!
    Yeaah it was different, like the line of regression I don't think I got that one quite right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ingamo)
    I put 27 too
    Everyone I know put 27

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welbeck)
    Definitely: past papers are a lot easier... I don't think I've ever had to calculate the product correlation coefficient manually before (but then again, I've not done all of the past papers). And where were the scatter graphs?? I was looking forward to seeing those in the paper as well!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, for me.

So different. So time consuming. However, someone on this thread says they had 30mins to spare!!!! So.......

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.