Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisyrchds)
    ah right thank you, had a complete panic in the last minute when checking and had to re-do the question :mad:
    Why did you have it in square route form anyway, you just needed to find the difference in the y coordinates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dugald)
    Why did you have it in square route form anyway, you just needed to find the difference in the y coordinates?
    didn't you have to find the length of the line? i can't remember what question this was, was 9 or 10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big-Daddy)
    ii.) minimum (d2y/dx2=12>0)
    i think i put maximum

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the decreasing function, values of x?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YourMumIs 1/CosC)
    The first questions on the paper were....
    Attachment 215432
    .... I think
    Yeah, that was them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Majeue)
    If you get over 90% in all a2 modules, yeah I think you can
    Your AS Grade doesn't matter when it comes to getting an A* at A2 providing you get above 210 UMS (B) out of the AS.. But you need to average 90% (270 UMS) at A2 , that would be sufficient to secure an A*, hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get (1,0) for the last question? Can't even remember at all how i even got to that, which doesn't look like a good sign D:

y=9x-9, so gradient is 9 rings a bell?!
    I got either (1,0) or (0,1) (I can't remember) but other people haven't been getting that

ReputationRep:
    I liked this paper. It wasn't too bad. For the last question I got (-2,-27) however I got a gut feeling I wrote the solution in the wrong space. Did the last question where it asked for the tangent run from the last page inside the booklet onto the back? Because I didn't run onto the back for that question and I got a terrible feeling I wrote it in the wrong place

ReputationRep:
    I feel so stupid but was overly careful and put +/- 1/2! So stupid! Do you think I will lose a lot of marks? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    didn't you have to find the length of the line? i can't remember what question this was, was 9 or 10.
    I thought it was that one where you had to find the difference between the points of intersection of y=4 on that curve?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephHowarth)
    I got either (1,0) or (0,1) (I can't remember) but other people haven't been getting that
    yeah i know, seems to be the majority getting (-2,-27) and the minority getting (1,0). would be a shock if it turns out to be right :P

ReputationRep:
    Come on Mr M where are ya!¬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hormonal)
    I think your method is incorrect... I don't think you've divided correctly.
    Do you mean the factorisation?

Perhaps I made a mistake, although it still delivered an answer that seems reasonable.

Mind explaining which part was wrong?

If I recall, both equations could be divided by 1-x since the initial equation already gave you it in such a form and 9x - 9 = -9 (1-x)?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that was them.

Just to say, for the first question you can just do:

(4\sqrt{15})(\sqrt{3})

= 4\sqrt{45} = 4\sqrt{(9)(5)}

= (4x3)\sqrt{5}

= 12\sqrt{5}

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebigman1)
    i think i got 6x + 2y -1 = 0 for question 8, anyone remember?
    I wouldn't have remembered unless you mentioned it, but yes that's exactly the answer I got.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StephHowarth)
    I got that too, not sure how though

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was that one where you had to find the difference between the points of intersection of y=4 on that curve?
    thought you had to find the distance (length) between the two points? oh well, i do have a bad memory...

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know, seems to be the majority getting (-2,-27) and the minority getting (1,0). would be a shock if it turns out to be right :P
    Yeah but if we are wrong, I am hoping we get some method marks, because I did some differentiating and subbing in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CongoHaze)
    last question was -3,-27
    k= -5
    the paper in general was good i thought. The first surd was booooky tho lol
    Might want to check your answer as it was -2,-27. First surd being 12(5^0.5).

ReputationRep:
    I lost about 15 marks I hope I still get an A. I feel like crap atm

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.