Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rawan24)
    The first question is phloem and mesophyl, DEFINITELY SURE OF IT
    Question 2d the squares are 11
    Question 5b is bile because its asking for the 'substance'
    Question 5c is enzyme Y which is acidic conditions
    Question 8d is 16+8 because its asking for the number of chromosomes in human body cell not the pairs in a sex ccellists
    It's also missing some questions which I can't remember, but who ever did the mark scheme did a good job
    not mesophyll you spaz that doesn't transport molecules
    no it was 7
    no it was hydrochloric acid
    no it was X
    no 2 gametes fuse together to make 1 body cell so 12

bit of a disaster for you mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottystreet)
    POST-MORTEM: AQA Biology B2

Not too bad in my opinion... Nothing that I really thought I'd answered completely wrong, so that's good.

Favourite question?

I'm having trouble remembering most of the exam. I was pretty much flat out throughout. I found the last question extremely satisfying once I'd finally worked out what to write, so I guess it's that.

Hardest question?

Like I said - nothing that really threw me, but again, the last question was pretty tricky to interpret.

How do you think you did?
    At least an A, I hope. Could have done slightly more revision, but Daft Punk helped out on the procrastination front...

Discuss!
    Good luck, I hope you've done well! and do you have any clue on the grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HugeBicepLAD)
    no it was 7
    no it was X

Looooooooooooool

ReputationRep:
    What was question 3a about? completely forgotten (the one before the six marker 3b)

ReputationRep:
    Do you think 50/60 will be an A*?

ReputationRep:
    many seem to be confused because a couple of questions weren't straightforward or clear and they gave away petty marks for counting squares. but overall it wasn't too bad:unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HugeBicepLAD)
    no it was 7
    no it was X

It's these one that I got wrong according to the 'unofficial mark scheme'
    LOOOLL hope I haven't done that bad,, good luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beta *******)
    I think around 39/40 will be an A* and maybe 32/33 will be an A as this paper was far more complex than the other past papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beta *******)
    My teacher is thinking more like 42-48 because most people found the questions confusing

ReputationRep:
    Question 8d is 16+8 because its asking for the number of chromosomes in human body cell not the pairs in a sex ccellists
    It's also missing some questions which I can't remember, but who ever did the mark scheme did a good job
    Eh? My unofficial mark scheme?!

The first one is phloem (for food) and xylem (for water). Mesophyll is where most of the photosynthesis takes place and where palisade cells are located.

Question 2d can be interpreted in different ways. If you count it your own way and the way you counted it matches your number, then you'll get the marks. I counted the squares containing an area of more than half the square, so I reached an answer of 8.

Question 5b and 5c is hydrochloric acid, produced in the stomach by the glands, so X would be the enzyme (pH 2). Y and Z were alkali.

Question 8d is 12, 4+8. It asked for the number of chromosomes in the gametes, which is half the normal amount, when the gametes fuse, you get the total number of chromosomes which is 12.

Obviously the person who made it was good -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Applequestria)
    Eh? My unofficial mark scheme?!

The first one is phloem (for food) and xylem (for water). Mesophyll is where most of the photosynthesis takes place and where palisade cells are located.

Question 2d can be interpreted in different ways. If you count it your own way and the way you counted it matches your number, then you'll get the marks. I counted the squares containing an area of more than half the square, so I reached an answer of 8.

Question 5b and 5c is hydrochloric acid, produced in the stomach by the glands, so X would be the enzyme (pH 2). Y and Z were alkali.

Question 8d is 12, 4+8. It asked for the number of chromosomes in the gametes, which is half the normal amount, when the gametes fuse, you get the total number of chromosomes which is 12.

Obviously the person who made it was good -_-
    Alright alright I guess I got them wrong after all!

ReputationRep:
    how many ums would be around 46/60

ReputationRep:
    heyyy guys ! for the first question which had the diagram leaf i wrote water vapour instead of oxygen do you think thats right because water vapour is a gas and it does diffuse out of the stomata

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandy123mandy123)
    heyyy guys ! for the first question which had the diagram leaf i wrote water vapour instead of oxygen do you think thats right because water vapour is a gas and it does diffuse out of the stomata
    I don't think so because oxygen is the product of photosynthesis not water vapour, but the grade boundaries are expected to be relatively

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by denizcan619)
    how many ums would be around 46/60
    I'm not sure about this, but as far as I know if 46/60 is an A* then it should be 90 ums or more. If its an A then it should be between 80-89

ReputationRep:
    If it didn't ask for anything to do with photosynthesis, but just any gas that diffuses out, water vapour is correct.

ReputationRep:
    i wrote oxygen,done't know about water vapour.
    I found b3 alright especially the question about the advantages and disadvantages of animal factory farming

ReputationRep:
    and also for question 2c) could you write the availabilty of light ???

ReputationRep:
    No, mesophyl is where photosynthesis takes place. Xylem transports water around the plant and phloem transports sugars.
    i got 8 for the squares
    and 8d is 12 because gametes have half the number of chromosomes to normal cells

ReputationRep:
    That should be fine you could have had oxygen, carbon dioxide or water vapour

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.