Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Still missing a few questions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SportsFan)
    Still missing a few questions!
    I'm sorry but, at the moment, I don't have time to search for the answers/missing questions. Could you write some answers that are missing and tell me where they should go? Then, I can add them in. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how any of you guys are able to remember your answers, but awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but you have missed a question out in 7. There were 3 questions a),b) and c), the b) part was just worth one mark.

Also, the ventilation question was not question 6, the humidity question was - it was 6b. 6a was the one with the blood vessels constricting.

ReputationRep:
    Any guesses to UMS conversion and grade boundries?

ReputationRep:
    I would say A* is 46 = 90 UMS

100 UMS is 55
    80 UMS is 38
    70 UMS 31

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Anonymous)
    I would say A* is 46 = 90 UMS

100 UMS is 55
    80 UMS is 38
    70 UMS 31
    Whats this based on? 31 for 70 UMS seems very low

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't add up to 60

ReputationRep:
    its for B3 exam

ReputationRep:
    Just remembered a question, which is missing from the mark scheme, the one with the graph and how come the decrease in water in the leaf and why is it slower later on.

ReputationRep:
    Any guesses for what 85 ums would be in raw marks, because that is what i need for an a*

ReputationRep:
    around 42

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seawhim)
    You guys, unit 3 is shorter than unit 1 and 2, it's out of 45 marks not 60! I can't believe you can all remember the questions practically word-for-word but not even the maximum scaled mark. Also I dragged up the June 2012 grade boundaries from the deep, dark corners of the internet and you can find that here for a basis; I'd hazard a guess that they'll add 3-5 marks on so A* should be around 36-38+. If anyone still needs help with any of the questions and answers I can remember them pretty well so just ask.

Its out of 60?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seawhim)
    You guys, unit 3 is shorter than unit 1 and 2, it's out of 45 marks not 60! I can't believe you can all remember the questions practically word-for-word but not even the maximum scaled mark. Also I dragged up the June 2012 grade boundaries from the deep, dark corners of the internet and you can find that here for a basis; I'd hazard a guess that they'll add 3-5 marks on so A* should be around 36-38+. If anyone still needs help with any of the questions and answers I can remember them pretty well so just ask.
    This is the new specification.. which is out of 60

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantaˌ)
    I'm sorry but, at the moment, I don't have time to search for the answers/missing questions. Could you write some answers that are missing and tell me where they should go? Then, I can add them in. Thanks.
    If you look at a post a couple pages ago someone wrote out the correct question order, if you could change the order of the mark scheme to this then we could identify the missing answers and work them out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammann123)
    If you look at a post a couple pages ago someone wrote out the correct question order, if you could change the order of the mark scheme to this then we could identify the missing answers and work them out?
    Could you link it? I can't find it. How far back is it? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantaˌ)
    Could you link it? I can't find it. How far back is it? Thanks.
    page 8 about 2/3's of the way down by ellipsis?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&page=8&page=8

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly sure that order is correct, only difference is on question four the active transport stuff and the transpiration question came before the calculation question

ReputationRep:
    Ill repost it:

Q1- was the 4 marker on the heart, 4 marks about stents and 4 marks about blood vessels in the lungs. 12
    Q2- 3 marker about cardiac cycle, 3 marker about rib cage, 2 marks about describing difference between photo, 2 marks for adv and disadvantages of modern ventilators. 10
    Q3-2 marks about food chain. 6 marks about farming. 8
    Q4- 2 marks for maths question, 2 for explanation, 4 for differences in transport in root, 3 for transpiration stream. 11
    Q5- 1+4 marks for tadpoles. 5 marks
    Q6- 4 marks for body temperature, 3 marks for athlete humid stuff. 7 marks
    Q7- 3 marks about graph 1 and 1+3 marks about graph 2. 7

Makes 60 In total

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellipsis...)
    Ill repost it:

Q1- was the 4 marker on the heart, 4 marks about stents and 4 marks about blood vessels in the lungs. 12
    Q2- 3 marker about cardiac cycle, 3 marker about rib cage, 2 marks about describing difference between photo, 2 marks for adv and disadvantages of modern ventilators. 10
    Q3-2 marks about food chain. 6 marks about farming. 8
    Q4- 2 marks for maths question, 2 for explanation, 4 for differences in transport in root, 3 for transpiration stream. 11
    Q5- 1+4 marks for tadpoles. 5 marks
    Q6- 4 marks for body temperature, 3 marks for athlete humid stuff. 7 marks
    Q7- 3 marks about graph 1 and 1+3 marks about graph 2. 7

Makes 60 In total
    Thanks. I found it but was just correcting my original post. On Question 7, what did you mean by 1+3 marks? I left that as 3 marks and made the rib cage question (Q2) 4 marks. I remember it being 4 marks...

Anyway, I editing the original post. Only two questions left! I've made them bold...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.