Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Society is too dependent on drugs (particularly alcohol and nicotine).
    Introduce the death penalty for extreme cases and increase the severity of punishments/deterrents.
    Lad culture is atrocious.
    Anyone who supports the UKIP is an absolute lunatic.
    I detest what Feminism, Liberalism and Freedom has grown into. Nowadays freedom is only really freedom if you abide by another set of cheap and degrading societal norms (especially in a womans case; wearing more clothes and "covering up" means that she is definitely being oppressed)
    Stereotypes of women are still what they were in a patriachal society. Nothings really changed.
    University prestige should not be of importance nor should it be an indication of someones ability or restrict them from applying to certain jobs.
    More funding should be placed into some sciences (medical sciences and research) rather than other sciences thats advancement is not really essential (physics/computer science).
    I agree with positive discrimination if it benefits those that are less fortunate (like myself )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kings0)
    Urgh, it's boring once grammar becomes the weapon of choice.
    :noonoo: How is there a smiley for this? Remarkable.
    And that brings me to another of my unpopular opinions. The phrase "weapon of choice" should be reserved for actual weapons such as guns and knives not the usage of words in a forum post. Also the use of the phrase should be reserved when the person has a choice of weapon (something you didn't really give me in your last post).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    I like your taste - I once called Friends overrated and overall terrible, next thing you know my whole class gave me such dirty looks :rolleyes:
    Yes, I share your pain! People can't understand why I hate it so much, because I absolutely love most British comedies! Americans just aren't funny!

ReputationRep:
    • The European Union has become like a millstone around our necks, we need to renegotiate terms or get out

• The assumption that multiculturalism/unchecked mass immigration necessarily translates into a better (ordered and harmonious) society is seriously naive

..doh! apparently I need to get some new controversial/unpopular opinions.. losing my edge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mad Dog)
    And that brings me to another of my unpopular opinions. The phrase "weapon of choice" should be reserved for actual weapons such as guns and knives not the usage of words in a forum post. Also the use of the phrase should be reserved when the person has a choice of weapon (something you didn't really give me in your last post).
    I'm going to assume you're trolling me

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I really hate city centres on a Friday/Saturday night - nothing but overpriced alcohol, terrible music, girls dressed like ****s and guys trying to stick their **** into anything that moves. It's no better than a cattle market. I can't STAND going out.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I don't feel that. I'm of the opinion that if there is no God or any such thing, then there can be no HOW we should live or any morals written into the fabric of the universe. Though obviously, they're vitally important for actually being able to have any sort of proper society at all.
    But hey, opinions are opinions.
    So surely the question is, how should we live in light of their being no over-arching morality subscribed to us by a superior being? I want to live, I want to live well and for as long as possible. Within this, I have to learn how to live with other people. For my life to be the best it can be, I have to have some sort of moral code that I, and ideally others, follow. Philosophy teaches you all that.

For the record, I don't believe in God either.

ReputationRep:
    More people who have studied philosophy at university should venture into a career in politics.
    Britain should remain in the EU.

ReputationRep:
    Nachos in the cinema aren't really nachos :/

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like he might be a viscount or some other minor nobility, who can begrudge him for wanting to quash them serfs?
    :awesome: I think he might need reminding about what happens if you get on the wrong side of the serfs :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to assume you're trolling me
    And that brings me to another of my unpopular opinions - people who assume should have their gentleman's area removed as it's clearly located on their head. Assumptions are party of a worry trend in society of act first, fact-check later culture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufto)
    I detest rap music. I hate nightclubs. Social interaction is somewhat tedious. Poetry is an infinitely better pursuit than any sporting event. I am religious. I think winter is a better season than summer. Death is something to be afraid of. Universities should not offer courses in management and business (though I have nothing against those courses in principal). The arts are a more important pursuit than the sciences. I prefer Moffat to RTD (except for the second half of Series 7, I don't know what he's doing at the moment). Istanbul is the best city in the world. Art is only art where these is some form of skilled craft involved to support the idea behind a piece. The House of Lords should not be elected. There is nothing wrong with Islam.
    Three things you've written that I'd like to point out-
    1. You're religious.
    2. Death is something to be afraid of.
    3. There is nothing wrong with Islam.

If all of those are what you really believe, you shouldn't be afraid of death at all since Islam says this world is a temporary stop-in and you have real 'pleasures' waiting for you after you're dead. The only reason you'd need to worry was if you've been a 'bad' person in which case you'll be sent to hell and tortured for eternity. Which would, in turn, mean you're not really 'religious' cuz you aren't doing no good to save your soul anyway.

Confused much?

Oh and about your best city in the world claim, let's ask...I don't know, someone who isn't from Istanbul.
    There's a reason that is an 'unpopular belief'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    • I hate mangoes
    • I look down on disabled people and treat them differentley
    • I genuinely believe I'm superior to most people
    • I hate when people that can't speak English use English swear words (like, learn the language first then swear ok?)
    • I don't discriminate against gay people but their sexual orientation disgusts me
    • Most girls are annoying and a waste of space (I'm a girl so I'm not sexist)
    • Feminism is stupid and annoys me for reasons I will not delve in further
    • I prefer to have good looking friends, if you're ugly I will tell you we're friends but deep down I don't consider you a friend...
    • I think the death penalty should exist

The list is pretty long but thats all I can think of now. (and yeah, I used to have an old account but lost it~ now here I am as bubzi1412)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubzi1412)
    • I hate mangoes
    • I look down on disabled people and treat them differentley
    • I genuinely believe I'm superior to most people
    • I hate when people that can't speak English use English swear words (like, learn the language first then swear ok?)
    • I don't discriminate against gay people but their sexual orientation disgusts me
    • Most girls are annoying and a waste of space (I'm a girl so I'm not sexist)
    • Feminism is stupid and annoys me for reasons I will not delve in further
      [*]I prefer to have good looking friends, if you're ugly I will tell you we're friends but deep down I don't consider you a friend...
    • I think the death penalty should exist

The list is pretty long but thats all I can think of now. (and yeah, I used to have an old account but lost it~ now here I am as bubzi1412)
    You must be fun to be around..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubzi1412)
    [LIST][*]Most girls are annoying and a waste of space (I'm a girl so I'm not sexist)
    This; I really hate this. No, you are sexist. You have a prejudice towards a gender. It does not matter if you are that gender or not; your prejudice is all that matters, by definition. So you're sexist.

ReputationRep:
    I believe women and men shouldn't be equal - e.g. I wouldn't want to work in hard physical labour. I don't think men should be allowed paternity leave (except in cases where their wife/partner died in childbirth and they are a single parent).

I believe certain parts of Sharia law should be introduced around the world - cutting off hands of thieves, death penalty and others.

I believe that, despite no longer being a Catholic, but being widely informed on the topic, if you're going to call yourself a Christian (of any branch) you should follow ALL of the rules, not just some. And no, the New Testament does not 'overwrite' the Old Testament. The Bible is not the Qur'an.

I believe that I would be happier living in a Nazi- or Communist-dominated world.

I believe that we shouldn't be studying non-British books in English Literature.

I believe education past primary school shouldn't be compulsory.

I believe abortion and euthanasia should be ALWAYS legal.

I believe that rape is never a woman's fault.

There are probably a few more, but I can't think of them at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I find Stephen Fry and Brian Cox incredibly irritating.

ReputationRep:
    I really hate when people say 'I hate everyone' or 'every person annoys me' and generalise everyone to look 'cool' for despising everything.

ReputationRep:
    I believe that there are way to much racist and prejudiced people in the United Kingdom. Be it towards Whites, Blacks, Brown or Yellow. I know it sounds stupid but a lot of people still are racist. There are people who hate a whole nation, religion or color without doing any research, its like they woke up one day and thought "I really do not like Chinese people". Whenever I say this to people they usually completely deny that racism and prejudice occur in our society.

Also i hate when people think only white british people pay tax. Like on DM articles where they say "Do not use our tax money on them muzzies", only with me thinking that its not only White people that pay tax :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.