Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA AS Unit 1 French exam 21st May 2013 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh7171)
    How many sides did people write for their essay?
    Just over 4 sides
    What essay did you do??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frog69)
    first question i got feeling lonely, tension with parents and school, then i got a girl died, she drank a large quantity of alcohol, she was only 12, then i got addiction, violence, road accidents, unprotected sexual relations, then for grammar got "s'agir, grandissant, pourront, aient, positive, éviterait, monoparentales, compris not sure about the other two, for the senegalese person i put (in french)"it's about a man lviing with aids", "people rarely talk about this illness" "a family wanted to watch a soap but there was an electricty failure and a young boy broke the tv" and "a boy wrote a letter to the presdient to ban all sweet" and "senegalese cinema has a great future as there are studios and the population is "en marche",

For the Senegalese director:

- the film was about people living with AIDS not just one man.
    - people with AIDS rarely talk about the illness
    - Senegalese cinema has a great future. Africa is a big market (une grande marche) and there are now modern studios to produce good quality films.

ReputationRep:
    For the Private Life of the Celebrities exercise with the reports what did everyone use? I think my order went Birth, Marriage, Rapture?? (Had no idea and ruled out divorce because it discussed her 'boyfriend'), Argument and something else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by William24)
    85/110 marks I think
    Is that for an A? If so then it's probably like 70 for a B? Something like that? I'd take a B, definitely.

ReputationRep:
    For the Private Life of the Celebrities exercise with the reports what did everyone use? I think my order went Birth, Marriage, Rapture?? (Had no idea and ruled out divorce because it discussed her 'boyfriend'), Argument and something else?
    I think it was 'une nouvelle liasion amoreuse.' I was going to put reconciliation but I think it was a new thing...

rapture is a break-up...and yes, that's what I put

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CocoTango)
    I think it was 'une nouvelle liasion amoreuse.' I was going to put reconciliation but I think it was a new thing...

rapture is a break-up...and yes, that's what I put
    Yeh I used 'une nouvelle liasion amoreuse' cos it was talking about the lass and the footballer going on holiday and at a film premier or some crap like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eggz95)
    Just over 4 sides
    What essay did you do??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did tv! hadn't revised holidays at all, shame because it looked like a good question. what did you do?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I used 'une nouvelle liasion amoreuse' cos it was talking about the lass and the footballer going on holiday and at a film premier or some crap like that.
    Can you remember the order of the answers in that question? I was just running out of time when I did that exercise, I don't think I got much right there :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanSmeaton)
    Is that for an A? If so then it's probably like 70 for a B? Something like that? I'd take a B, definitely.
    That is for an A yes 76 for a B and 67 for a C.

ReputationRep:
    Can you remember the order of the answers in that question? I was just running out of time when I did that exercise, I don't think I got much right there :/
    It went 'Marriage, Birth, Break-up, Argument, New Love' which would of been C, A, E, D, F I think. Could be wrong but those were definitely the order they went in, I just can't remember the letters that went with them.

ReputationRep:
    Why does everyone think it was she was 12 years old. I thought it said 'Elle n'aurait pas douze ans' meaning literally 'She had not 12 years' as in 'She wasn't 12'? I agree with you for all the other ones though
    It said elle n'aurait que, which means she was only 12 years old

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it matters what order you put them in does it?
    No I mean which one is it? I though it was "to get drunk" but loads of people were saying "because you feel lonely". Then I realised that seul and saoule sound similar so i'm not sure which one it is

ReputationRep:
    That is for an A yes 76 for a B and 67 for a C.
    I see... To be honest I doubt I will get an A because I think I messed up very slightly in a couple of areas. Getting a B would be perfectly fine though, I'd be happy with that.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what percentage of marks the speaking contributes to the overall AS grade?

ReputationRep:
    I see... To be honest I doubt I will get an A because I think I messed up very slightly in a couple of areas. Getting a B would be perfectly fine though, I'd be happy with that.
    I'd definately take a B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pharaoh96)
    Does anyone know what percentage of marks the speaking contributes to the overall AS grade?
    30% to AS Level and 15% to A Level I believe

ReputationRep:
    I messed up in some places too, especially the grammar, I think I got about 3 wrong. Hopefully my speaking boosts it up though.

ReputationRep:
    It went 'Marriage, Birth, Break-up, Argument, New Love' which would of been C, A, E, D, F I think. Could be wrong but those were definitely the order they went in, I just can't remember the letters that went with them.
    Ah thankyou! I have at least 3 out of 5 there I think. Can you remember the positives and negatives for the uniform one? Sorry for all the questions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pharaoh96)
    No I mean which one is it? I though it was "to get drunk" but loads of people were saying "because you feel lonely". Then I realised that seul and saoule sound similar so i'm not sure which one it is
    I think it was problems/issues that lead young people to drink.
    Les sentiments d'etre seul - the feeling of being alone?

The feeling of being drunk is not really a cause...it's an effect? I dunnoo...but I know I got the exam failure thing wrong...I put school stress :/

ReputationRep:
    Ah thankyou! I have at least 3 out of 5 there I think. Can you remember the positives and negatives for the uniform one? Sorry for all the questions!
    I can't remember but I definitely put two P/N's! If anyone can remember any of what they said I could have a go, I'm pretty sure the first page went N, P, P/N

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 28, 2014
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.