£400 to spend on a phone Watch

F_shakeey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sum Gai)
Well it's still selling more than the S3 and in a faster time frame so that's far from a failure. Especially since they have about 35 other phones competing with at from themselves as well. So it's actually a very successful device and including the other devices Samsung is actually shipping more units of smartphones then it ever has.

HTC have been in a rut for a while. I think they'll do ok this year though. But not great.
The S3 was horrible imo, much preffered the S2 over it. It's just a shame that it is getting put down by the media.It would've sold even more had the HTC one not appeared. I'm slyly convincing people to get an S4
The specs on the note 3 :coma:

The question is can they build on the fanbase they've got from the HTC One?

On an unrelated question, how has the iphone 5 managed to get away with 1GB ram?
Sum Gai
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by F_shakeey)
The S3 was horrible imo, much preffered the S2 over it. It's just a shame that it is getting put down by the media.It would've sold even more had the HTC one not appeared. I'm slyly convincing people to get an S4
The specs on the note 3 :coma:

The question is can they build on the fanbase they've got from the HTC One?

On an unrelated question, how has the iphone 5 managed to get away with 1GB ram?
Note 3 or even 4 should be my next phone (unless there is a better one at the time). But probably not until this time next year for me as my Note 2 LTE is still serving me well.

I think HTC can expand on the One userbase. And i'm pretty sure they're going to be releasing some other low end and mid range devices in the UK soon. E.g One Mini. HTC are quite good at providing unique experiences, they just need to shout a bit more about the phones and also sort out their pricing structure a bit more.

iPhone 5 runs iOS. Same reason my friend has got away with a 512mb ram PC running Linux. If he was running windows it'd be laggy as hell.

iOS is optimised a lot and so will run on 1GB ram a lot better.
F_shakeey
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Note 3 or even 4 should be my next phone (unless there is a better one at the time). But probably not until this time next year for me as my Note 2 LTE is still serving me well.

I think HTC can expand on the One userbase. And i'm pretty sure they're going to be releasing some other low end and mid range devices in the UK soon. E.g One Mini. HTC are quite good at providing unique experiences, they just need to shout a bit more about the phones and also sort out their pricing structure a bit more.

iPhone 5 runs iOS. Same reason my friend has got away with a 512mb ram PC running Linux. If he was running windows it'd be laggy as hell.

iOS is optimised a lot and so will run on 1GB ram a lot better.
From the specs of the note 3, the note 4 will be something else and probably reach Mega territory unless they stop increasing the size

That'll mean fresh competition for Samsung who'll have to step up that 140mb memory to 240 :yep:
I think their issue was they released too many phones that were failures, especially the chacha and evo 3D :facepalm:
They also had a mass exodus of people leaving their NA team.

Ah I see kudos to them then, like I said a nicer UI would help Samsung so much. All this random lag and crashes reported can easily be stopped.
Sum Gai
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by F_shakeey)
From the specs of the note 3, the note 4 will be something else and probably reach Mega territory unless they stop increasing the size

That'll mean fresh competition for Samsung who'll have to step up that 140mb memory to 240 :yep:
I think their issue was they released too many phones that were failures, especially the chacha and evo 3D :facepalm:
They also had a mass exodus of people leaving their NA team.

Ah I see kudos to them then, like I said a nicer UI would help Samsung so much. All this random lag and crashes reported can easily be stopped.
I like how you left out the gigantic failure that was the HTC First

Android has got a lot better now compared to what it once was. So i think even 1GB of RAM would be fine on there. (if you're using stock android)
F_shakeey
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I like how you left out the gigantic failure that was the HTC First

Android has got a lot better now compared to what it once was. So i think even 1GB of RAM would be fine on there. (if you're using stock android)
Why do I need to state the obvious? The fact that you can't see it in any shops says it all :lol: but that was just such a bad phone :facepalm:

Much better I remember the old days of Froyo etc and then early gingerbread was when it started to pick up :yep: Yeah the huge amounts of bloatware and heavy touchwiz requires a lot of ram.
Bencant
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
In case anybody was wondering, I found an excellent deal for a new HTC One that's within my £400 budget and have gone with that. Should be arriving on Tuesday. Thanks for everybody's help.
IStoleChristmas
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Had my second iPhone (iPhone 4) for asmidge over three years now. In total has cost me £840 during initial contract (2 years) and £192 for sim only contract for a year.

Pretty expensive phone.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (82)
46.07%
Pro-humanity (96)
53.93%

Watched Threads