Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sobrelamarcha)
    Yeah they would have to if I told them, but I don't want to go somewhere where they're being forced to take me, they didn't accept me through the summer pool so they won't miss me!

I haven't told them about the remark... I'd rather just leave it, I don't want to go after being treated like that!
    Really?! Summer pool or winter? That's so weird maybe I met you on an interview day! Which subject?
    They made such a cockup on my interview day with EVERYTHING.
    Yeah I hope it'll be amazing! Thanks so much, you do too- oxbridge isn't the be-all and end-all! wow Bath is amazing for nightlife I hear- and you know what the best part is?
    WE GET A FRIGGIN FRESHERS WEEK!!!!
    A real one.
    Yeh dude completely understand about 'after treating u like tht' and all. I was only in the summer pool.. you? I applied for architecture, you?
    how did they make a cockup on ur interview?

All the best, and go party hard for the rest of the summer and also during freshers week!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyoro)
    If I were in your position, I would make the decision of where to go independently of how I perceive myself to have been treated in admissions. I also consider myself to have been mistreated by the interview process but I don't hold it against the tutors, since it wouldn't have any bearing on how they'd treat me as a student. They would probably not discriminate if you asked for a place... remarks are just life for them.

I just see the process as an obstacle that has to be passed (with a lot of luck). And, don't forget, the tutors can't see your UMS unless you explicitly send it to them, so your missed offer becomes generic. But don't feel obliged to go to Cambridge – do what your heart tells you.
    (Original post by paradoxicalme)
    I think you should ring Cambridge...even if you've decided you don't want to go, you should at least make them aware of the situation...and it's perhaps not the wisest thing, on a thread where a lot of great applicants have been rejected, to go 'yep made my offer but they obviously don't want me so I'm not going'...
    (Original post by amg_22)
    I don't want to tell you what to do but don't take the rejection thing too personally. Colleges make more offers than they have places in anticipation of a few applicants missing their offers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should leave her to make her own decision. Not everyone with an offer actually feels compelled to study at Cambridge. It is understandable why you might all be frustrated about this, but the reality is that some people would die to meet their offer and don't make it, and others who met their offer decide not to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sobrelamarcha)
    Yeah they would have to if I told them, but I don't want to go somewhere where they're being forced to take me, they didn't accept me through the summer pool so they won't miss me!

I haven't told them about the remark... I'd rather just leave it, I don't want to go after being treated like that!
    Really?! Summer pool or winter? That's so weird maybe I met you on an interview day! Which subject?
    They made such a cockup on my interview day with EVERYTHING.
    Yeah I hope it'll be amazing! Thanks so much, you do too- oxbridge isn't the be-all and end-all! wow Bath is amazing for nightlife I hear- and you know what the best part is?
    WE GET A FRIGGIN FRESHERS WEEK!!!!
    A real one.
    I hope for your own sake that this was the correct the decision and not simply an self-preserving knee-jerk response.

What was the point of getting a remark if you weren't going to let it change anything? I can understand the allure of fulfilling your emotional need to rebel and try to "get one over" a system that you think has been unfair to you... But choosing to satisfy your ego over the opportunities that Cambridge brings is questionable in my opinion.

But as above, I hope I am wrong and Bath was the correct decision for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cam Philo)
    You should leave her to make her own decision. Not everyone with an offer actually feels compelled to study at Cambridge. It is understandable why you might all be frustrated about this, but the reality is that some people would die to meet their offer and don't make it, and others who met their offer decide not to go.
    Pretty sure I said I don't want to tell you what to do...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llewellyn)
    I hope for your own sake that this was the correct the decision and not simply an self-preserving knee-jerk response.

What was the point of getting a remark if you weren't going to let it change anything? I can understand the allure of fulfilling your emotional need to rebel and try to "get one over" a system that you think has been unfair to you... But choosing to satisfy your ego over the opportunities that Cambridge brings is questionable in my opinion.

But as above, I hope I am wrong and Bath was the correct decision for you.
    Sobrelamarcha is going to Bristol actually, and im pretty sure this has nothing to do with satisfying the ego, because ive kinda been through a similar situation as well.

ReputationRep:
    Wow it wasn't my intention to spark a massive debate.
    Yes I'm annoyed about how Cambridge dealt with me, but it's not a case of holding that against the admissions tutors, I'm merely suggesting that maybe there's a reason why I didn't make my grades straight away. It made me look into Bristol a bit more anyway, and I decided I really wanted to go there, regardless of the results of the remark.
    (Original post by batwingz)
    Yeh dude completely understand about 'after treating u like tht' and all. I was only in the summer pool.. you? I applied for architecture, you?
    how did they make a cockup on ur interview?
    All the best, and go party hard for the rest of the summer and also during freshers week!!!!!
    Same, only summer pool, Modern Languages, there were loads of us this year apparently! Hmm I don't remember anyone doing Architecture from the day itself but there were so many languages people that I think it was the main interview day for MML... ah they cocked up in so many ways, they didn't give us the literature extract to prepare, they interviewed the girl before me for the wrong subject, the interviews were late and the written test didn't have any instructions on it, it was an article with 'here are two questions' on the bottom: do I answer one or both?! In which language?! Some people answered in English, some in the languages they were studying....
    Thanks, you too!
    (Original post by batwingz)
    Sobrelamarcha is going to Bristol actually, and im pretty sure this has nothing to do with satisfying the ego, because ive kinda been through a similar situation as well.
    Thanks, I'm glad someone understands!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.