Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariomario1)
    Hi there! Don't worry about your UKCAT too much it's a decent enough score. I'm starting at Barts this year and got in with a very low score of 645 . It's not the end of the world and your UCAS tariff seems very good with those predictions.
    Hi, i'm a bit new at all this. Pls what is meant by "UCAS points" or "UCAS tariff". Also applying this year for Graduate entry Med

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natasha001)
    Hi, i'm a bit new at all this. Pls what is meant by "UCAS points" or "UCAS tariff". Also applying this year for Graduate entry Med
    You don't need to worry about it as a graduate It's for people with A levels like an A at A level is 120 points, it's all on the UCAS website! There is also a grad BL thread which might be more informative as well

ReputationRep:
    Hello, can anyone please suggest a really good UKCAT online practice i can subscribe for? e.g Kaplan, Ace medicine etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    You don't need to worry about it as a graduate It's for people with A levels like an A at A level is 120 points, it's all on the UCAS website! There is also a grad BL thread which might be more informative as well
    Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Is this troll? ^^^^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple and gold)
    He,
    I am really confused about something.

I have A*AAA which adds to a UCAS tariff of 500. But I also have AAAA at AS Level, would I have to add AS aswell or not?

Also I have a UKCAT of 690. With this tariff do you think that I should apply here?

Thanks and please help I am gutted.
    If you have 4 full A levels I assume you don't actually have 4 AS levels as well unless you took 8 different subjects. For example, I have AAAa. Which gives me UCAS scores from my 3 A levels and then my one AS I didn't take forward.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey there. I'm really confused about whether I should apply here.
    I got 2A*s, 9As and 1B for my GCSEs.
    For my AS levels I got AABB, and il be predicted A*A*A as I'm dropping my fourth AS level.
    This gives me a total of 450 ucas points.
    I did my UKCAT and got 735 (average)
    Would it be wise to apply here?

ReputationRep:
    for the ucas tarrif- are the OCR nationals level 2 or 3?

ReputationRep:
    do functional skills and key skills apply for medicine??

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I sat the ukcat today and got 680 band 1. So bummed as I think this might not be enough for undergrad entry let alone GEP?? Has anyone here tried the bmat? What was your experience of it? Are there some unis which don't use an exam cut-off score as their sole discriminant?

Thanks ,

Vee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confuzzledvee)
    Hi All,

I sat the ukcat today and got 680 band 1. So bummed as I think this might not be enough for undergrad entry let alone GEP?? Has anyone here tried the bmat? What was your experience of it? Are there some unis which don't use an exam cut-off score as their sole discriminant?

Thanks ,

Vee
    BMAT is an all together different exam. In my opinion it can be prepared for especially the science section which is advanced GCSE science bordering AS, and the essay which is usually based on an everyday topic eg Science, Economics and Ethics. The first section can be tough it has problem solving and critical thinking elements. You can improve on that in many ways but there is a degree of skill and that sections lends itself a bit more to 'smart' people, if you are like me it can be tough.

I did it last year and actually did well in section 1 and 3 but not so well into section 2 which was the science one narrowly missed Imperials cut off

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how graduates are selected for in terms of UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I've got a UCAS tariff of 694. What would I need in the UKCAT to get an interview? (roughly speaking)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryMan)
    Hey guys,

I've got a UCAS tariff of 694. What would I need in the UKCAT to get an interview? (roughly speaking)
    Woah! With a score like that, based on last year you would need around 600.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James!!)
    Does anyone know how graduates are selected for in terms of UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apparently once you pass the initial academic assessment (upper second threshold), you get ranked by UKCAT and the top x% are invited to attend interview.

Ref: http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergradu...FAQs/99618.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KanKan)
    Woah! With a score like that, based on last year you would need around 600.
    Alright, that's great, thanks. What kind of interview do Barts and the London do? Is it MMIs or the traditional format?

ReputationRep:
    What do people think of my chances?

UCAS Tariff: 660

A*A*A*A*B (bio, chem maths, psychology,general studies respectively)

UKCAT: 682.5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by science-oliver)
    What do people think of my chances?

UCAS Tariff: 660

A*A*A*A*B (bio, chem maths, psychology,general studies respectively)

UKCAT: 682.5
    Your very high tariff gives you a good chance of getting in. Last year, an example they gave as a candidate selected for interview was 620 UCAS and 605 UKCAT. You've exceeded both these by a fair amount. I would say you're 99.99% safe in applying

ReputationRep:
    I am predicted 4A* so UCAS tariff is 560. My UKCAT score is 635. Should I apply or not? Plus if I take AS language exam privately who do u think I need to ask to predict that grade?

ReputationRep:
    Predicted UCAS Tariff: 450 (A*A*Ab). Might do an EPQ
    UKCAT: 735

Do I stand a chance?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.