8.33%
Frank Ribery (13)
7.74%
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hold on, where's the option for Phil Jones?

Ronaldo is only going to win it because Messi has been injured for a large part of 2013. Harsh but true.
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by qua)
That sounds graver than it was.

Games played in 2013:
Messi: 45
Ribery: 51
CR: 55

I agree that Messi shouldn't be the favourite, but his injury streak wasn't as bad as some of the media make it sound.

...as sheer, or at least significantly higher than those of the other two, but they aren't.

Assists in 2013:
Ribery 20 (in 51 games)
Messi 17 (in 45 games)
CR 15 (in 55 games)

Messi is 3 assists behind him in 6 games less. Had he played the same amount of games, he would probably have equalled Ribery's numbers and had 27 goals more to add to that. The assists argument is flawed anyway and only cropped up because Ribery (unjustifiedly) bragged about them. Now it is used by exactly those people who rant about "stats obsession" when CR and Messi are named favourites for individual awards. If we want to look at assists numbers, as Ribery suggested, we would have to name Ozil one of the finalists with his 30 assists in 2013...

Ribery being so far ahead of every other Bayern player is distorting reality anyway. Two days after the treble was won, nobody could name one specific player that was pivotal to the treble, or rather, no consensus could be reached. But Hoeness etc. did a good job to make Ribery the face of the season to increase the chances to have a BDO winner in their ranks. As it looks that CR has won the award, that campaign seems to have failed

Still, though, it's amazing that this award is still being talked about/taken seriously. It's overrated anyway, but that voting deadline extension destroyed any credibility that was still left.
Yeah, agree with every word. Nothing to add really.

Personally if Messi didn't get injured the award would go to him again. Ronaldo is attending the ceremony, so likelyhood is that he won the award :rolleyes:
CB91
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ronaldo or Messi, arguments can be made for both but I think Ronaldo will win it. Messi operates at a level higher than Ronaldo when fully fit, but he's missed 3/4 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kutta
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ronaldo is a clear favorite... As much as I am a Ronaldo fan I would love to see this reaction if Messi gets it

Might be this:

Seathestars
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Should be Ronaldo but will probably be Messi... which would be a shame for once in all honesty.
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Seathestars)
Should be Ronaldo but will probably be Messi... which would be a shame for once in all honesty.
Why in the world would it be Messi? Seriously there is a 0 percent chance messi wins. :lol:
Hellcat12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Messi has been missing for ages but he still is better than Ronaldo. Although I highly doubt he will win the B D, probably Ronaldo.
Injuries can be damning!
sucess
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Malevolent)
Why in the world would it be Messi? Seriously there is a 0 percent chance messi wins. :lol:
If it's not Messi then atleast it should be Ribery

Posted from TSR Mobile
yo radical one
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hopefully Ronaldo
Seathestars
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Malevolent)
I read that the majority of votes had gone to Messi from what seemed a semi-credible source on Twitter... at least it had a good track record.
Vae
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Seathestars)
I read that the majority of votes had gone to Messi from what seemed a semi-credible source on Twitter... at least it had a good track record.
You don't mean AgenciaNews though do you...?
Seathestars
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by qua)
You don't mean AgenciaNews though do you...?
Don't think so but I can't remember now.
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ronaldo wins the 2013 Balon D'or. No surprises there although Ribery must feel heartbroken,
Jordooooom
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
Ronaldo wins the 2013 Balon D'or. No surprises there although Ribery must feel heartbroken,
Not as much as Ronaldo would have been if he lost it. It's obvious this meant a lot to him after coming second so many times
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

ZI - When are you bringing me to Dortmund?
JK - I have to sell my whole team first.
ZI - I'll come for free
Vae
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Cristiano Ronaldo: 27.99% Lionel Messi: 24.72% Franck Ribéry: 23.36%.

Of course Ribery will be heartbroken. The votes are so closed that the deadline extension could very well have cost him the win, even though FIFA say otherwise.

Ronaldo has only 3% more than last year. He basically lives off the fact that Messi lost so many votes to Ribery. Which in turn means Messi will only have to find back to his usual fitness (like 2012) to dethrone him again.
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jordooooom)
Not as much as Ronaldo would have been if he lost it. It's obvious this meant a lot to him after coming second so many times
Ah yeah true. You could see how much it meant to him when he broke down in tears.
a10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Zlatan is soo cool...

That goal was just insane. Great player.

I think Ronaldo won that because of his goal scoring ability this last season.
baconbutty
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Shouldn't feel any more heartbroken that people who haven't won in the past because he didn't deserve it
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by qua)
Cristiano Ronaldo: 27,99% Lionel Messi: 24,72% Franck Ribéry: 23,36%.

Of course Ribery will be heartbroken. The votes are so closed that the deadline extension could very well have cost him the win, even though FIFA say otherwise.

Ronaldo has only 3% more than last year. He basically lives off the fact that Messi lost so many votes to Ribery. Which in turn means Messi will only find back to his usual fitness (like 2012) to dethrone him again.
How the hell did Ribery get so many votes anyway?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.66%
The paper was reasonable (389)
46.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (156)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (107)
12.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed