US Sutton Trust Programme 2014 Watch

qwertyuiop1997
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Regenerated)
I think they've pretty much notified everyone who got on the programme now. My friend got chosen and says that there's 160+ people in the FB group plus many people who got chosen aren't in there yet. I am beyond gutted... going to the US means so much to me and it sucks that I couldn't demonstrate my passion adequately. Onwards and upwards.
I've had a look at the Facebook group and not all of the people are going, some are just random people so I'm going to keep hoping
Regenerated
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by qwertyuiop1997)
I've had a look at the Facebook group and not all of the people are going, some are just random people so I'm going to keep hoping
Apparently it's made up of people who have confirmed their places?

Oh well we can just keep our fingers crossed!
Princepieman
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm pretty certain I haven't gotten in, there's about 160+ people on the Facebook group already. I assume the remaining 40 or so haven't been found on Facebook. Oh well. It was worth a shot! I'm still applying to the states anyway but it would have been an awesome experience to see all the college campuses beforehand.

Guess it's time to get some SAT revision books; if I do get that magic email I would be extremely grateful. Otherwise, time to hit them books, y'all!
Dexterous
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Regenerated)
Apparently it's made up of people who have confirmed their places?

Oh well we can just keep our fingers crossed!
Looks like I'm screwed then lol.
Dexterous
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Princepieman)
I'm pretty certain I haven't gotten in, there's about 160+ people on the Facebook group already. I assume the remaining 40 or so haven't been found on Facebook. Oh well. It was worth a shot! I'm still applying to the states anyway but it would have been an awesome experience to see all the college campuses beforehand.

Guess it's time to get some SAT revision books; if I do get that magic email I would be extremely grateful. Otherwise, time to hit them books, y'all!
That's the spirit!
Dexterous
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by _Katie)
Yeah, I just checked. Mine has had 7 views - and no more than one or two of those could be from me, so they must have seen it.
I know it's not the 21st of March yet, and many people have already been awarded places, but should I be worried that my video views hasn't changed since I posted it.
I'm just really anxious now.
_Katie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do you we know when we can expect the next wave (if there is one) of acceptances?

Posted from TSR Mobile
_Katie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Also, to the people who have already been accepted, what were your application ID numbers? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dexterous
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Also, to the people who have already been accepted, what were your application ID numbers? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
what was yours?
qwertyuiop1997
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by H.Ibrahim)
what was yours?
Mine was 348
RagaZ
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Guys u shouldnt loose any hope...because ppl are still finding out...like someone found out today too
_Katie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
what was yours?
Mine was 2304.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dexterous
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Mine was 2304.

Posted from TSR Mobile
mine was 3535, so maybe it's based on ID numbers? because I know my video hasn't been viewed anyone other than me.
qwertyuiop1997
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
mine was 3535, so maybe it's based on ID numbers? because I know my video hasn't been viewed anyone other than me.
Just found out that I didn't make it!
scrlk
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well it's over for me - congratulations on those who got in!

I'm interested in what kind of demographic got in though (GCSE results, background?).

EDIT: As for video views not changing, I guess my application on the form was not good enough to warrant proceeding to the video interview.
_Katie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Didn't get it. Gutted.
_Katie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by scrlk)
Well it's over for me - congratulations on those who got in!

I'm interested in what kind of demographic got in though (GCSE results, background?).

EDIT: As for video views not changing, I guess my application on the form was not good enough to warrant proceeding to the video interview.
I don't know about the standard of people that did get accepted - but I got 11 A*s & 1 A^, doing 5 AS levels (6 if you count General Studies).

Still rejected.
YNM96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't know about the standard of people that did get accepted - but I got 11 A*s & 1 A^, doing 5 AS levels (6 if you count General Studies).

Still rejected.
too rich I guess.
_Katie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by YNM96)
too rich I guess.
Nope. Very low family income, first generation university student, comprehensive school.
YNM96
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nope. Very low family income, first generation university student, comprehensive school.
I know that they look at grades in the context of the school you attend, is your school high achieving?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (206)
22.17%
The paper was reasonable (395)
42.52%
Not feeling great about that exam... (178)
19.16%
It was TERRIBLE (150)
16.15%

Watched Threads