Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    THis is going off topic... but not to mention the fact that apparently "Mein Kampf" is pretty "catholic" in amongst his ramblings. At least according to some (Jewish)guy who was arguing with me against some racists . And the fact that a) most Muslims in this country aren't Arabs and b) "PAkistan" ie: India volunteered men on our side, with around a third of the army being Muslim

Go figure...

WW2, probably the last "just" war we've had
    History is written by the victors and what is more by the wealthiest amongst the victors.

It is true- 99% of history sees anti-Semitism being largely confined to Judeo Christian Europe.

ReputationRep:
    All of OP's posts have either a overt or subtle "We're superior, be like us" message in them.

No I will not learn Arabic.

That said, languages such as Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Mandarin and Arabic are all useful.

Although it is kind of a complete mind**** for adults to learn it because everything - pronunciation and written script are different. Plus I believe that Arabic is read right to left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukstudent1989)
    This is ridiculous! The UK is in Europe; Europe is the UK's largest trading partner, therefore its important for British people to speak European languges such as German, Spanish and French. If any language has to be spoken other than a European language, then it should either be Chinese or Russian.
    Christ. I have no words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    All of OP's posts have either a overt or subtle "We're superior, be like us" message in them.
    Nah, it's more like we have something superior and would like to share it with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-Mudaari)
    Nah, it's more like we have something superior and would like to share it with you
    whats so superior about Arabic lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rickfloss)
    to speak arabac learn one word

Allah, ALLLAAHH, and ALLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH HHH

that will comprimise about 75% of all words spoken in arabic
    best trolling reply ever

ReputationRep:
    Get learning

The possibilities in Arabic for the use of figurative language are endless; its allusiveness, tropes and figures of speech place it far beyond the reach of any other language... Arabic loses on translation but all other languages gain on being translated into Arabic - Joel Carmichael, The Shaping of the Arabs
    kes en neck eighty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xloichan)
    Christ. I have no words.
    I was talking about languages within the European Union, smart ass!

ReputationRep:
    I was going to learn Arabic as soon as I finish uni.

My grandparents only spoke Arabic with each other and sometimes also with my dad, so I can understand a few words of it, but I can't read it unfortunately. I'd love to be able to talk to Arab people fluently though.

Edit: although I'm only going to learn it out of interest. I don't think it's more important than other languages like e.g. chinese, and I don't think there is such a thing as a "superior" language either.

ReputationRep:
    As a student of Linguistics I'd have to respectfully disagree. No languages are inherently superior.

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOOL
    I'm french and the only reason that our governement teach arabic for some students it's because muslims in france forces the french governement ...
    It's because the muslim community is growing bigger....
    They force us to not serve pork to our french kids because of 'Islam'....:mad:

They even want the 'burka' back.......

France is being overrun by muslims...

France has nothing to do with Islam!
    This is totally inconsistent. With France as well as other European countries. And they know very well.

So to answer you, yes we must ban Islam in France and in England for the happiness of all.

If they want to be honest with themselves and live their Islam freely, it is certainly not in France or in the Uk.

It will take a while they choose between their Islamic fervor and financial interest provided by France/Uk or other european countries . This is where their problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le-JokerFr)
    LOOOOOL
    I'm french and the only reason that our governement teach arabic for some students it's because muslims in france forces the french governement ...

This is totally inconsistent. With France as well as other European countries. And they know very well.

So to answer you, yes we must ban Islam in France and in England for the happiness of all.

If they want to be honest with themselves and live their Islam freely, it is certainly not in France or in the Uk.

It will take a while they choose between their Islamic fervor and financial interest provided by France/Uk or other european countries . This is where their problem.
    Ban a religion? Yh that wouldn't go down well with other countries.
    Are you going to say ban blacks next?
    Stupid Idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    Ban a religion? Yh that wouldn't go down well with other countries.
    Are you going to say ban blacks next?
    Stupid Idea

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No blacks are part of our people
    black is a race

Islam is a religion. we can ban Islam to protect the country.
    I don't mind any religion, I do mind the extremist..

Burqas should be banned for the safety of everyone, particularly because there is the threat of terrorism. A burqa hides a person's identity. If people absolutely must wear a Burqa they should not immigrate to foreign shores

ReputationRep:
    Wow, the level of pure ignorance and bigorty on just the first page of this thread is astounding.

(Original post by Greenlaner)
    No thanks. I have absolutely zero intention of ever going anywhere near Saudi Arabia.
    Right, because that's the only country that speaks Arabic? Or that to learn Arabic you HAVE to go to Saudi?

(Original post by wag12k12dunkno)
    ill learn arabic if u convert to judaism
    Because you have to be Muslim to study Arabic? Or that encouraging British students to try learning Arabic = trying to convert them? :rolleyes:

(Original post by Plainview)
    لول

No. British kids should learn German, Latin and Spanish. Not in that order – German and Latin because between them they give a very thorough understanding of our own language, and Spanish because it is perhaps the best combination of future relevance and ease of acquisition. Chinese is too difficult for most children. French is a pointless comparison – it was born out of the days when most kids just went to France on holiday as it was closest. Arabic makes no sense at all.
    So the only point in learning a language is to understand your own little world? Latin is a dead language but its more useful than one of the most spoken languages in the world, because then you understand your own language, and that's all we should ever strive for? Kids have a better ability to pick up languages than adults, so actually they'd stand a better chance at picking up Chinese than their adult counterparts, and fluency in Spanish could still be achievable later on in life.

Meanwhile, Arabic makes a hell of a lot of sense if you want to go into international diplomacy, journalism/media, finance, business, engineering, charity/aidwork, teaching, and a whole lot more. But hey, it's too far removed from the ex-British Empire to care about...

ReputationRep:
    No blacks are part of our people
    black is a race

Islam is a religion. we can ban Islam to protect the country.
    I don't mind any religion, I do mind the extremist..

Burqas should be banned for the safety of everyone, particularly because there is the threat of terrorism. A burqa hides a person's identity. If people absolutely must wear a Burqa they should not immigrate to foreign shores
    Protect them from what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    Protect them from what?
    From the muslim extremist in England that are trying to convert by force our people,the one that are trying to impose sharia law in our country:mad:

I think we should ban burka like France did for social/safety reasons

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOOL

Hahahah such a typically French post. France has nothing to do with Islam? France involved themselves with Islam of their own choice - they decided that when they colonised majority Muslim countries, in the Maghreb. But I guess you don't learn about that in French schools, where they still deny the French-Algerian war ever even happened...

Oh, also, if you want to "ban Islam" (so much for <<Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité>>) then do what you want in France, but don't try and say that England should ban it too, because that's not your call, and I'm proud of the Britain I live in where different beliefs are ALL shown tolerance and respect.

ReputationRep:
    From the muslim extremist in England that are trying to convert by force our people,the one that are trying to impose sharia law in our country:mad:

I think we should ban burka like France did for social/safety reasons
    by banning islam you will just create another guy fawkes situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    by banning islam you will just create another guy fawkes situation.
    It should be illegal, sharia should not be imposed in western countries.It is not our law or way
    If muslims want to live under sharia then let them go home and practice it there, but not here, we have our own laws and values we should not have those from foreign lands imposed on is to humour non nationals, that simple. Should they not like that they should head for the airport and fly home where it is accepted.And there they are entitled to live by their own set of laws and not our laws.

ReputationRep:
    It should be illegal, sharia should not be imposed in western countries.It is not our law or way
    If muslims want to live under sharia then let them go home and practice it there, but not here, we have our own laws and values we should not have those from foreign lands imposed on is to humour non nationals, that simple. Should they not like that they should head for the airport and fly home where it is accepted.And there they are entitled to live by their own set of laws and not our laws.
    show me which countries in the western have the sharia law.
    you say you hate islamic extremists when you're the same.
    the islamic extremists want everyone to be muslims while you want everyone to be the same religion as you. you are the same but protesting for different things.

and not our fault you can't live in a multicultural place. typical french can't accept change. that is why brits are better we adapt and accept others

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.