The Student Room Group

**********OFFICIAL OCR ECONOMICS F582 21st MAY 2014 THREAD************

Scroll to see replies

Cheers, those essay points should be particularly helpful.
Everyone!!!! Good luck .......

Posted from TSR Mobile
Smashed it lads. How'd you all find it?
Original post by Ben_S96
Smashed it lads. How'd you all find it?

Thought it was good, little worried in retrospect that I will lose a lot of marks on the 18 marker as i didn't talk about investment or transfer payment on the current account. Any ideas how many marks you could lose?
Original post by anorris13
Thought it was good, little worried in retrospect that I will lose a lot of marks on the 18 marker as i didn't talk about investment or transfer payment on the current account. Any ideas how many marks you could lose?

What was the 18 marker? I smashed this exam last year so I can help in terms of telling you how correct your answers were/marks lost etc :smile:
Loved it up until the 18 marker, wrote a page out on the current account and imports/exports etc, going really well, then had a brain fart and decided that what it was actually talking about what was a deficit caused by government spending exceeding tax revenue and wrote an essay on that instead. 18 marks down the pan, brilliant
Original post by Fas
What was the 18 marker? I smashed this exam last year so I can help in terms of telling you how correct your answers were/marks lost etc :smile:

Comment on how beneficial for the economy, the current account moving from a defect to a surplus, would be.

Not worded quite like that though, but those were the key elements.
Can't be the one who thought the paper was absolutely horrendous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anorris13
Comment on how beneficial for the economy, the current account moving from a defect to a surplus, would be.

Not worded quite like that though, but those were the key elements.

Damn I remember last year we were all paranoid that one was gonna come up, quite nasty :/ what came up in the rest of it?
Comments on unit 2 exams??
I think the paper was quite good. Hardest thing was 3 different points about the 2 sets of countries inflation rates tbh. One were generally higher and struggled to make any other points.

18 Marker mainly talked about imports and exports but did a paragraph on profit and income. Surely they don't expect us to have analysed all 4 areas?
I hated that paper! I might as well hand a resit form in now
What did u write about argument against?
I wrote if we are working at maximum output surplus increasing AD will cause high inflation? Is that correct?
Original post by apple cakes
What did u write about argument against?
I wrote if we are working at maximum output surplus increasing AD will cause high inflation? Is that correct?

Did exactly this.
Original post by Lilyghz
Can't be the one who thought the paper was absolutely horrendous

Posted from TSR Mobile

I HATED that paper! I can't believe that there wasn't a single definition or graph! They're usually such easy marks to pick up!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What annoyed me the most was no diagrams for those easy 4-6 marks
Original post by Randomer96
Did exactly this.

That's a good sign :smile:
What did everyone put for the calculation?
Original post by manchesterunited15
What did everyone put for the calculation?

68.04bn
lots of questions relying on the case study and knowledge of A.D. very little knowledge required overall apart from the essay. strange exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending