Turn on thread page Beta

The 'All Nighter' thread. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antarctica800)
    Has anybody else reached a bizarre state of calm that is sort of beyond stress at this point? It's somewhat worrying.
    Deffo - the calm before the storm... :s:

ReputationRep:
    Im almost certain you guys are gonna get the best possible results you can so get some sleep and saving your energy for the constant smiling (and jumping around)youll be doing 2morrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _-Arctic-Monkey-_)
    (Assuming its your birthday today) Happy birthday
    Thanks!

16th was my birthday - celebrated with family
    17th - seems like everyone I know is coming out to celebrate results and my birthday - and I know all the bartenders (i'm not an alcoholic .. I swear) - free birthday drinks oooh and 10% off my chinese meal because I work there. It's going to be a very good, very cheap day. Hopefully I'll drink enough to forget it was results day ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desmondmac)
    Im almost certain you guys are gonna get the best possible results you can so get some sleep and saving your energy for the constant smiling (and jumping around)youll be doing 2morrow

Nah, I'm just waiting to learn how badly I screwed up and whether I can show my face for more than 30 seconds in school tomorrow whilst grabbing my results.

ReputationRep:
    Saving energy to hold back the puke at midnight so I can carry on drinking and forgetting ... yeah

ReputationRep:
    Could do...but I'm not that tired and there's nothing better to do :p:

ReputationRep:
    If it's not too personal, what unis are people waiting to hear from? And yeah, I'll probably wander around the house awake logging onto track every so often, until I finally hear something.
    Bath for Politics with Economics starting September 06

ReputationRep:
    LOL- i know its comforting for you achievers to say uve failed but listen to da voice in the back of your head dat whispers"youve done great"...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solon)
    Thanks!

16th was my birthday - celebrated with family
    17th - seems like everyone I know is coming out to celebrate results and my birthday - and I know all the bartenders (i'm not an alcoholic .. I swear) - free birthday drinks oooh and 10% off my chinese meal because I work there. It's going to be a very good, very cheap day. Hopefully I'll drink enough to forget it was results day ..
    Haha nice Have a good 'un anyways

ReputationRep:
    LOL- i know its comforting for you achievers to say uve failed but listen to da voice in the back of your head dat whispers"youve done great"...
    If you have high expectations, you can be disappointed. If you have low expectations, you can only be pleasantly surprised

ReputationRep:
    LOL but what u put out to da world dooesnt have to be what your thinking inside... what grades u guys need/want to be happy anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henryt)
    If you have high expectations, you can be disappointed. If you have low expectations, you can only be pleasantly surprised
    My philosophy exactly. Also, there is no voice whispering that I've done well. There is only the voice shouting "It's okay. You can take a gap year, retake, travel and reapply"

ReputationRep:
    My philosophy exactly.
    And mine :p:

ReputationRep:
    My philosophy exactly. Also, there is no voice whispering that I've done well. There is only the voice shouting "It's okay. You can take a gap year, retake, travel and reapply"
    Ditto. Mine's saying "It's cool, either way, you'll be doing something you want .. going to uni or going travelling for a year .. or two .. or three .. maybe you could stay abroad forever .. never come back .. just leave .. go .. do it .. now."

It's not good to have voices in your head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by henryt)
    Deffo - the calm before the storm... :s:
    Beat me to it.

ReputationRep:
    nyone needin just As and Bs???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _-Arctic-Monkey-_)
    And mine :p:
    Hehe

what grades u guys need/want to be happy anyway
    I need three As.

ReputationRep:
    nyone needin just As and Bs???
    AAB

ReputationRep:
    that voice will be saying "i told u so" 2morrow morning, just u waitt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solon)
    Ditto. Mine's saying "It's cool, either way, you'll be doing something you want .. going to uni or going travelling for a year .. or two .. or three .. maybe you could stay abroad forever .. never come back .. just leave .. go .. do it .. now."

It's not good to have voices in your head

Hahahaha. I probably shouldn't be laughing, but those are the kinds of thoughts I've been having all week. You'll be fine, whatever happens.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.