St John's College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants Watch

innit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Aarrrggghhh, I'm going tomorrow!! (Sorry to interrupt the convo btw.) I'm so stressed my head feels like it's going to explode :eek: Don't leave everything to the last minute! Sadly I did and now I've got approx. 4 billion bags of stuff that won't fit in the car and I haven't done enough reading. And my shoes got destroyed in a rainstorm yesterday and my mum kindly did a load of washing just now but not-so-kindly managed to dye a large proportion of my clothes grey.

Ditting Suck, if you're still trying to budget, apparently the average student spends £24-£28 a week on food...but it must be more at Cam since halls cost almost a days-worth money!
Ditting Suck
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thanks innit. Really, I'm just going to see how it goes when I'm there, and then work out something more important. I know that the first couple of weeks are going to be expensive anyway.

For those who are going to be there on or before Tuesday: can we watch Lost in the JCR on Tuesday night please?!
JerseyKopite
Report 12 years ago
Lol you can watch anything in the JCR as long as you get there first and arent interrupting a huge football or occasionally rugby match... or the weekly desperate housewives get together...
Ditting Suck
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
YAY!

Okay, another question: is the snooker table free, as I remember it to be?
toto8462
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ditting Suck)
YAY!

Okay, another question: is the snooker table free, as I remember it to be?
I was going to ask the same about squash courts, but i think it takes just a token from porters lodge or something. I think it works on a deposit basis.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by JerseyKopite)
I went to Clare once in Novice term, and I hosted you once... I was surrounded by 3 Clare grad students, one John's grad student and a Clare 3rd/4th year? All Natcsis... scariest night of my life, but I drank quite a lot so all a good laugh. By the end I could tell you more about gene splicing that I'd like to know! But they were all very nice.

NB Talk of science is not the norm at formal hall swaps

PS. Sorry about revealing ***'s name. You never know who might be snooping around on these boards...
I've probably met you then, seeing as I organised them - PM me your name and I'll see if I remember you! And we are mostly scientists (apart from our friendly token lawyer), but aren't most boaties? You must be an exception. Tragically I'm not rowing this year though...
Ditting Suck
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
@toto: I can live with that

So, out of the people who are going down on Tuesday: how far are you guys with the packing? I'm going on the train on Tues, then my parents are bringing the rest of my stuff at the weekend. So I have to pack twice!
toto8462
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
@toto: I can live with that

So, out of the people who are going down on Tuesday: how far are you guys with the packing? I'm going on the train on Tues, then my parents are bringing the rest of my stuff at the weekend. So I have to pack twice!

Fancy a game?
Ditting Suck
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Of snooker or squash? Or both?
toto8462
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Of snooker or squash? Or both?
Well, i meant snooker, (as i have only played sqaush a few times - i want to pick it up at uni). But if you are up for both thats fine...
Ditting Suck
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I am. I'd prefer snooker also, as I'm lacking a squash raquet (tend to just borrow my dad's, y'see)

EDIT: I'm rubbish at snooker mind. Quite good at pool, especially when drunk, but I don't get to play much snooker!
KAISER_MOLE
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Whatdyamean blame the mathmo!?!?!?! :p: - Steve's a mathmo, blame him....
toto8462
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I am. I'd prefer snooker also, as I'm lacking a squash raquet (tend to just borrow my dad's, y'see)

EDIT: I'm rubbish at snooker mind. Quite good at pool, especially when drunk, but I don't get to play much snooker!
Im not great at snooker either - more a social thing than anything else. I find part of the fun of snooker is laughing at how pathetically useless i can be...

But hey, i will give you a game freshers week...
Lau200
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
arrgh! im so excited about freshers week! I'll be selling freshers passes in the buttery from saturday for £12 giving you entry to all CUSU ents nights (one each night at different clubs) and a queue jump! it is a real bargain as clubs in freshers week are £4-5 pounds. I remember the CUSU passes gave free drinks last year too although I'll have to double check.
does this sound like something you guys will be interested in buying? the passes are open to all years and all colleges!
roll on freshers week...!
xxx
Ditting Suck
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I will almost certainly buy one, Laura. Thanks for the tip
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Illusionary)
To all John's freshers - have you been given details of when the John's societies fair (not the Uni one at Kelsey Kerridge) will be? I'm probably going to be manning a stand there, but it depends when the fair is, and I've not yet been able to find out. Thanks!
Don't know if this has been publicised to freshers yet, but our JCR president sent out an e-mail today, letting us know that the fair will be on Tuesday 3rd, so I've got my question answered now!
Ditting Suck
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well, I'm all packed and ready to leave. See you this afternoon!
KAISER_MOLE
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I am pretty piss poor at pool

Oh wait,

Should get on with more packing really. See some of y'all this evening!
toto8462
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Illusionary)
Don't know if this has been publicised to freshers yet, but our JCR president sent out an e-mail today, letting us know that the fair will be on Tuesday 3rd, so I've got my question answered now!
It must be a thing in the morning as im sure thats the date we have our matric events...
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by toto8462)
It must be a thing in the morning as im sure thats the date we have our matric events...
It is - to quote the e-mail: "The College Freshers' Fair will be held on TUESDAY 3rd OCTOBER, 11am - 1pm in the Palmerston Room, Fisher Building"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1069)
79.01%
Leave (284)
20.99%

Watched Threads