Genna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Fluent in Lies)
LauraLee! :wavey:

mum says:

"Does your contract come with an insurance package already or do you have to do that all yourself, if so you need to find out the details, because you'll need insurance if you're taking all [your computer] stuff"

It comes with an endlseigh block package insurance for you. But if you want specific cover for more expensive items like your laptop or mobile (also so that its covered away from the home) you may want to specify it with them for a small extra cost. Hope this helps!
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thanks! That does help, where can I find the details of the insurance, like all the specifics, or my mum won't believe me.

Is it online somewhere or in this big pile of paper?
Genna
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In your freshers pack there is an envelope from endsleigh saying that you have a basic package of insurance but if you want to you can extend your package there is an enclosed form to extend cover.
xoxo_GossipGirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What Genna said, the details can be found page 16 here >>>> http://www.shef.ac.uk/content/1/c4/5...e%202006v2.pdf
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You people are great

My mum asks why can't I be more like you.
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh! And regarding data points/internet were we supposed to have done anything in terms of getting that yet?
Genna
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
you do that when you get there to collect your keys etc.
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thankoooo
onean
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I'll probably try sorting out everything when collecting my keys. Must say though, I'm bloody impressed with the organisation of half of you, especially laura. Speaking of which, I'm curious as to the best cocktail you guys have ever had - supposedly you're a cocktail fiend right?

Anyway... who here thinks they're any good at Twister?

- there's a prize involved.
xoxo_GossipGirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
TGI Fridays do the most amazing cocktails ever, June Bug and Paradise Punch are the best. We had a cocktail party on NYE and made our own, not quite as good but with ten times more alcohol they seemed to get better as the night went along. I'm rubbish at Twister but once I've had a couple of drinks I enjoy playing it anyway. I'm bringing some cards, Taboo and Pictionary I think =D
onean
haha, last time i went to TGI Fridays was in Saudi - no chance of a drink there :P Haven't heard of Taboo though, wassit? I can't remember the last time I played Pictionary... If you're ever bored just come by and we'll start up a game eh?
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I rock at pictionary :cool:
in_vogue
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think a drinking games evening would help break the ice, and be a great way of bringing together geeks (I mean come on now, Pictionary???) and drinkers.
I personally like the idea of drunken Charades...
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Shush pictionary rocks even when sober! :p:
in_vogue
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Okaaaay....well, I'm willing to be converted :p:
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Goodo! You can be on my team :p:
in_vogue
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thank you, oh generous one. :p:
Darielle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Good drinking game which can include people who don't drink alcohol too (I hope I got this right, was playing it at weekend but most people were already plastered) -

Everyone sits down with a drink of their own choice, and someone starts by saying "I have never...". If someone has done the thing the person has says, they have to have a drink

Such as.."I have never thrown up after drinking" all those who had (or at least admit to having done so) take a drink.

It's a fun game and you get to know everyone better
onean
definitely! lol, can never help but remember the Family Guy take on that one. Drunken pictionary though... would that even work? Anyway, yeah, gonna have to have drinking games to get to know people - even with the risk that we mightn't remember
brak3n
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hmm drunken Pictionary or Charades...sounds intriguing! Count me in!

I could see myself being very hesitant about the 'I have never' one though.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Sheffield
    Postgraduate Taught Courses Open Days Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Feb '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Jul '19

Are you chained to your phone?