The Student Room Group

Computer Science graduates have the highest unemployment rate in the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
You have a fair point actually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Zurich taxes at around 50%. I'd need to be offered a lot of money before I can go there!

Edit - I'm thinking of Sweden lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TrojanH
Zurich taxes at around 50%. I'd need to be offered a lot of money before I can go there!

Edit - I'm thinking of Sweden lol

Zurich taxes are way less than that dude.. Swiss taxes work really weirdly as there is a 'federal' tax and then a specific 'canton' tax.. Anyway, plugging in 110k CHF into this gives a tax rate of ~22%. The real drain comes in accommodation prices - scary stuff there.

LOL are you mad? Sweden is legit 50-60% tax and salaries are awful there..
Original post by Princepieman
Yeah, sucks because Google, Amazon etc all pay 30% less here than they do in the US. Something to do with the cost of labour/competition for talent being lower. Apparently the Zurich office for Google is the highest for pay.

+ obvs these companies pay stock grants that vest over 3-4 years too.

My friend's Google offer (he goes to Stanford) was ~$105k + 15% bonus + 250 Google stock units (or ~$150k at the time, vesting over 4 years so: $37.5k/year). All-in about ~$158k first year which is pretty close to what banks are paying for first year top performers in NY

EDIT: There was a sign on bonus of $20k too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Switzerland is one of the most expensive countries in the world. I am a bit surprised that London does not get similar treatment on the same basis.
Original post by Juichiro
Switzerland is one of the most expensive countries in the world. I am a bit surprised that London does not get similar treatment on the same basis.

It does, but not with tech
Original post by TrojanH
It does, but not with tech

Cyber security is growing hugely in the UK, so don't be surprised to see it become a highly attractive industry. The way malware is going with being entirely signatureless (ie it will pass through your entire legacy security stack without being noticed) means that there will be a huge demand in innovate cyber security solutions.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ahpadt
Cyber security is growing hugely in the UK, so don't be surprised to see it become a highly attractive industry. The way malware is going with being entirely signatureless (ie it will pass through your entire legacy security stack without being noticed) means that there will be a huge demand in innovate cyber security solutions.

One thing that I agree with.
Reply 206
I'm a student who's set up their own business, and looking for mobile app developers.

If you know anyone that would be interested get in contact.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending