Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Brazil vs Colombia QF discussion Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichelBraga)
    Misspelled, I only DISagree with Olic's goal. I think it was a foul on Cesar.

James had the space he wanted in the other matches because he played against weak teams. He was *****in', that became clear in his complains and his posture during the match. If you see Messi playing, he's beaten up every single game, but he keeps trying. James is a good player, but too egocentric and naive.
    Olic didnt touch Cesar and headed the ball, but youre heavily biased.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xinho)
    Who said I'm English you prat.
    Stop acting like one then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Olic didnt touch Cesar and headed the ball, but youre heavily biased.
    Cesar reached the ball first and Olic dislocated him when he jumped. That's basics about fouls over a keeper, you can't dislocate him on air. But fine, that's your opinion then.

ReputationRep:
    This thread injured Neymar.

ReputationRep:
    the ref was too lenient he let far too many fouls go but I think overall Brazil deserved to win.

ReputationRep:
    dat grasshopper

ReputationRep:
    Neymar's broken his back. Out of the WC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Neymar's broken his back. Out of the WC.
    Scolari playing mind game. He'll be fit. He's not allowed to not be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Quoting a team doctor as source http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28173132

ReputationRep:
    Quoting a team doctor as source http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28173132
    I still believe it's minds games. They'd usually want to get a second option before confirming it. At club level, it takes a day or 2 before confirmation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    I still believe it's minds games. They'd usually want to get a second option before confirming it. At club level, it takes a day or 2 before confirmation.
    Yes, except for the fact there's no way in hell it actually tales 2 days to diagnose a break. Any competent doctor can spot that on an x-ray in seconds. And, with the current climate in Brazil and with how Neymar is given demiGod status, I find it remarkably hard to believe that they'd fool around with something like this, nor take 2 days to diagnose him.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, except for the fact there's no way in hell it actually tales 2 days to diagnose a break. Any competent doctor can spot that on an x-ray in seconds. And, with the current climate in Brazil and with how Neymar is given demiGod status, I find it remarkably hard to believe that they'd fool around with something like this, nor take 2 days to diagnose him.
    Scolari said same thing within minutes of the game finishing whilst 'he was on way to hospital'. They were too quick to get it out to the press imo for me to have 100% faith they're not playing mind games. It's not the first time stuff like this have come out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only if Luiz does his magic voodoo where he puts Neymar's head into his chest and starts muttering words

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Scolari said same thing within minutes of the game finishing whilst 'he was on way to hospital'. They were too quick to get it out to the press imo for me to have 100% faith they're not playing mind games. It's not the first time stuff like this have come out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh, Neymar did look like he was in serious pain when he got kneed.

The news reports all say is it fractured vertebrae. He would also have been looked at pretty quickly so I don't think the reports are off.

ReputationRep:
    The Germany - Brazil game will be interesting.

I think the Brazilians are poorly set up but the Germans didn't look great in attack and look a bit shoddy when dealing with speed at the back.

ReputationRep:
    Can only blame the ref. he had no control over the game, let it get out of hand and it was only a matter of time before the Colombians gave it back to Brazils star player.

ReputationRep:
    Coming from someone who supported Brazil, Fernandinho should have been booked at least 2 times in that match, he was getting outplayed by James and yet he always dragged him on the floor.

- Germany lacks of pace in attack as Muller is not the greatest in counter-attacking but very solid at a normal striker position. That being said, Germany is rock solid in midfield and defence is pretty standard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nemar injured and Silva suspended. It couldn't get worse for Brazil.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe that Scolari doesn't see the hypocrisy of complaining about Neymar being "hunted" by the opposition when it was blatantly obvious that Fernandinho was tasked with fouling James Rodriguez at any opportunity.

The referee let the match get out of hand by being too soft on players in the first half, which basically told them that they could get away with anything short of assault. Zungia's challenge on Neymar was disgraceful.

I thought that Brazil were playing more fluidly then they had played in previous matches, but to secure a victory they resorted to constantly fouling Colombia whenever they posed a threat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    I can't believe that Scolari doesn't see the hypocrisy of complaining about Neymar being "hunted" by the opposition when it was blatantly obvious that Fernandinho was tasked with fouling James Rodriguez at any opportunity.

The referee let the match get out of hand by being too soft on players in the first half, which basically told them that they could get away with anything short of assault. Zungia's challenge on Neymar was disgraceful.

I thought that Brazil were playing more fluidly then they had played in previous matches, but to secure a victory they resorted to constantly fouling Colombia whenever they posed a threat.
    And his one on Hulk. http://www.gfycat.com/EntireWeirdHornet

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 5, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.