Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ask a Muslim who is questioning his faith anything Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronmack)
    Another question, let's say you leave Islam, you do all the stuff that's not allowed you think you will be happy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGf62lZleGA
    On the contrary, I have never been happier than the first night I had a bacon sandwich before getting absolutely hammered at a club.

(Original post by TSA)
    Yes, if I was bought up in a non-religious household I honestly think I would not be a Muslim. No, there are some things that just makes me a little skeptical, and the rest I don't even understand that well.
    I'll just say this, doubt is always good. It shows that you're thinking for yourself. Even if you choose to believe in Islam fully after this period of skepticism, I'm sure Allah (should he exist) will appreciate your worship more than the rest of your fellow sheep who have never doubted their beliefs at any time. Just remember that whatever choice you make is yours, and don't be influenced by what your family or community may think as a result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Bit of background.

Come from a very strict ultra-conservative south Asian Muslim family
    I've memorised the the Qur'an cover to cover
    I'm 19 living away from home term-time (currently at home - fasting)
    Abstain from pork, ham and alcohol and only eat halal meat.
    Do have a non-Muslim girlfriend
    Pray and fast regularly

Anyway got to go away for a bit so I'll answer the questions when I get back.
    whats the 2nd verse of the Cow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meenglishnogood)
    whats the 2nd verse of the Cow
    That's al Bakarah right?

I don't see why your asking this, I could easily just go and copy and paste the verse, it would prove nothing. :confused:

Also I can't be bothered typing it out in English as it sounds in Arabic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    That's al Bakarah right?

I don't see why your asking this, I could easily just go and copy and paste the verse, it would prove nothing. :confused:

Also I can't be bothered typing it out in English as it sounds in Arabic.
    al Baqarah

ReputationRep:
    al Baqarah
    I apologise. Why did you ask me anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    I apologise. Why did you ask me anyway?
    because you said to ask anything

ReputationRep:
    because you said to ask anything
    I know. I'm not asking why you asked a question. I'm asking why that particular one, what was the reasoning behind it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Like I said self gain. Not very altruistic. Who are these researchers, anybody with an ounce of scientific understanding could tell you it's towards the former rather than the latter. Do you think gay people like being oppressed by society, do you think they like to be made to feel like they are not normal of course they don't. What would be the purpose of choosing to be gay? Why would gay people choose to be gay in nations where they could be killed for it. You are ridiculous claiming they are not born gay.

I'm not here to prove anything to you. I don't need to justify my understanding that being gay is not a choice as I have read enough to know that it is not myself and couldn't care less what you think. Actually that's a lie knowing you're so ignorant annoys me a little.
    Proof ? From your understanding pedophiles are also born like that. Why punish them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    On the contrary, I have never been happier than the first night I had a bacon sandwich before getting absolutely hammered at a club.
    Go create Ur own thread. Simply IDC what you did or what you will do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Go create Ur own thread. Simply IDC what you did or what you will do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock_Set)
    Really, comparing gays to peadiphiles?
    To me both are disgusting. You wait and see in few years being a pedo will be okay . Bookmark this thread.

ReputationRep:
    To me both are disgusting. You wait and see in few years being a pedo will be okay . Bookmark this thread.
    I disagree. Completely different things, if a guy is gay and not a rapist or paedophile then his only sexual encounters will be mutually consenting, there is no victim. With paedophilia/rape, there is a victim.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. Completely different things, if a guy is gay and not a rapist or paedophile then his only sexual encounters will be mutually consenting, there is no victim. With paedophilia/rape, there is a victim.
    But they are born like that just like gays. Its not their fault

ReputationRep:
    But they are born like that just like gays. Its not their fault
    I completely agree. In the case of 2 males having consensual sex, there is no crime, therefore no punishment. To rape or have sexual relationships with a minor who doesn't have the maturity to consent, is a crime. I believe the punishment should be prison and some kind of therapy

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for proving my point.

What if he pays or minor agrees then what?

ReputationRep:

Minor's do not have the maturity to make such a decision and thus should be protected by the legal system.

ReputationRep:

How old are you and what country do you live in?

ReputationRep:
    Minor's do not have the maturity to make such a decision and thus should be protected by the legal system.
    Fair enough. I like how you said they should go to therapy bro they are not born pedo.

(Original post by Ronove)
    How old are you and what country do you live in?
    Earth

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever heard of Quran alone/Quranism Islam? It's more common sense based and open minded, rather than rigid and scholar/sheikh inspired.

I'll give you some informative links if you're interested.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Follow Deism then.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.