Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is the eligibility form sent by post? I thought it would be online and we have to scan evidence
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M!lad)
    Is the eligibility form sent by post? I thought it would be online and we have to scan evidence
    It has previously been via the post :yes:. I think you can​ email it if you wish to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomango)
    Hi Neostigmine,

I just wanted to know what happens with the application process straight after you apply to this course? Does Southampton send an acknowledgement email or eligibility form or do they wait till everyone has applied?

Thanks
    what are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M!lad)
    what are your stats>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by games211)
    what are your stats>
    Stats aren't important for this course I'm told, its the PS, which I think is reasonably OK
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    what are your stats>
    Listen to M!lad. He is very wise :yes:.

(Original post by M!lad)
    Stats aren't important for this course I'm told, its the PS, which I think is reasonably OK
    :woo: You're my favourite person today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    Listen to M!lad. He is very wise :yes:.

:woo: You're my favourite person today.
    Oh stop it you :blush:

ReputationRep:
    To Neostigmine,

About the eligibility criteria: how would one go about proving their the first person in their family generation to attend uni???
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnabdul)
    To Neostigmine,

About the eligibility criteria: how would one go about proving their the first person in their family generation to attend uni???
    I'm pretty sure they just rely on honesty for that one

ReputationRep:
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received an acknowledgement email from southampton? Just abit curious!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilikebigbuttshaha)
    hey guys i'm a current BM6 year 0 student, (got in this year), if you have any questions about the selection process please ask
    did you believe your personal statement was good enough to get an interview ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomango)
    Has anyone received an acknowledgement email from southampton? Just abit curious!
    they don't send out acknowledgement emails ( I have been told) but might send postcards..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnabdul)
    To Neostigmine,

they ask your school
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    they ask your school
    Oh! I've not heard of that before. My school wouldn't have known so I wonder how that works for everyone. Interesting! Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    Oh! I've not heard of that before. My school wouldn't have known so I wonder how that works for everyone. Interesting! Thanks.
    Also, isn't there a section on ucas that you have to fill out about your parents education and the school checks if its correct?

ReputationRep:
    honestly, no aha! My teachers didnt even think it was good enough to send off, but i sent it regardless! My personal statement was tailored for me, and I preferred the way I wrote it. I didn't think it was good at all, I just thought it was average!
    Managed to get all 4 interviews though! So don't worry if you dont feel yours is the best, people are generally very self critical
    what are your stats? if you dont mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    no i'm not gonna tell you my stats based on the fact that southampton's main priority is your personal statement and your reference, and I don't want you to panic! trust me, all sorts of people do BM6, so your stats dont really matter unless the selectors had to choose between 2 similar students
    Everyone from bm6 I have spoken says that..I guess its just a habit for me to ask lol
    sorry

ReputationRep:
    No its okay, i completely understand, but good luck with your application, hope it goes well!
    dont have much hope but you have to be in it to win it, i guess..

ReputationRep:
    I just got a really cute postcard from Southampton!!! It feels so personal.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.