Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Arsenal Thread XX Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    reign it in bud we've signed alexis sanchez not messi i can easily believe it and i expect more players of this calibre in this window

the lad had a choice between liverpool and arsenal ur actin like we've just put a man on mars

I'm just surprised we went for some one like him nice and early instead of stalling about "valuation" and moving off. Sure he aint Messi or Benzema but it's a good signing none the less

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    yes but I didn't see anyone on here talking about a false 9 in a 4-2-3-1
    Then look at Stalins formation again. He played Ramsey further up with Wilshere and the DM protecting the defence...

ReputationRep:
    **** myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Then look at Stalins formation again. He played Ramsey further up with Wilshere and the DM protecting the defence...
    I'm sure its a 4-3-3 which is just harder to format...

ReputationRep:
    So gassed right now

ReputationRep:
    Brahs

YO

BRAHS

ARE U MAD

ARE U DUMB

lets keep calm chaps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I just can't accept that Sanchez is now an Arsenal player. This **** doesn't seem real

Hopefully we get Debuchy next then look out for a backup GK/holding midfielder and we're set
    And one more striker. Even Remy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I'm just surprised we went for some one like him nice and early instead of stalling about "valuation" and moving off. Sure he aint Messi or Benzema but it's a good signing none the less
    He's on a similar level to benzema. From the stuff I'm reading on rival forums though people are rating him a lot better than he is.

I wonder if Ramsey will repeat last seasons form. That's more important than any signing we will make :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Benzema? I'm sure Sanchez will do a job as good as Karim would have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    hopefully he can go some way to fillin the void of the mighty theo whilst hes out injured
    Yeah hopefully. But Theo will be back in September. They could be quite frightening together.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    Benzema? I'm sure Sanchez will do a job as good as Karim would have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No doubt. That's not what I'm trying to say, but a Benzema signing would have been more "blockbuster" if you know what i mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    **** off Man Utd :lol:.
    not srs

Good signing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    Yeah hopefully. But Theo will be back in September. They could be quite frightening together.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't expect him to play to his potential until December if he is going to get back to his best that is

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather have Sanchez than Benzema.

ReputationRep:
    ffs

If you sign a decent DM and a RB I will rage

ReputationRep:
    Excellent signing for you guys.

Best signing for the premier league so far.
    This makes you dangerous.
    If you can secure quality in the other areas you require, I can only see us and united battling for 4th.

Let's hope you screw it up

ReputationRep:
    Marquee signing done early, rather than leaving me refreshing BBC Sport at 10pm in the pub on deadline day, lovely stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    I'm sure its a 4-3-3 which is just harder to format...
    Read what he said.

He was talking about Ramsey making runs behind and Wilshere from time to time. It wasn't a 4-3-3, it was a 4-2-3-1.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for Sanchez to score by running onto a simple ball over the top. Defences will have to respect his pace

(Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    Excellent signing for you guys.

Best signing for the premier league so far.
    This makes you dangerous.
    If you can secure quality in the other areas you require, I can only see us and united battling for 4th.

Let's hope you screw it up

Big shoutout to Ian Ayre .

ReputationRep:
    Sanchez is essentially Gervinho with end product. I think Wenger will be making our forward line a fluid interchanging entity of pace, technique and power. That early Southampton game 12/13 comes to mind.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.