The Student Room Group

How will you open your results?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joel_tsr
A2

Hoping for A*A*A*A* and S,1,1 in STEP I, II and III respectively. Although I will be pleased with anything above A*A*A in my A level results.

Expecting A*A*A*A and 1,1,2 in STEP.

I'll be on my computer waiting for midnight to arrive as this is when the STEP results are released. This will be the determinant of whether or not I get in to Cambridge so I'll be extremely nervous! Then I'll either be up all night worrying if I miss my offer or I'll be up all night due to excitement if I achieve my offer. Either way I'll be back to the computer at 6 refreshing the UCAS page until I find out if I've been accepted. It could then feel like a rather pointless journey to school if I've been declined, or I'll be running to school if my place is still undecided.

Will be overjoyed at midnight if I achieve grade 1s in STEP 2 and STEP 3. Opening the actual A level results is unlikely to be as emotionally fuelled as I'll pretty much know my fate by then. I say this but my hands will probably be shaking too much to be able to open the envelope haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

What will you be studying? Maths?

And what A-levels?
Original post by The Room Student
AS or A2 results?

What are you hoping for?

What are you expecting?

How will you open them?

How will you celebrate / react?

I have my AS results.

What I want: AAAB

What I expect: ABBB

I will cry if I don't get AAAB. So I will definitely be crying.
Reply 202
Original post by Eskyy
AS

Hoping for: Aaa (two AS levels, one A level)

Expecting:
Aab ~ Bbc

I will open them:
Incredibly open-mindedly, baring in mind that regardless of what I get I've got a plan for it, so it's nothing I'm afraid of, I've never revised so much so if I don't do brilliantly then that's okay.

I will react:
I'll never cry at a collection of single letters on a page, I'm afraid, but I'd probably feel like crying if i were to get aaA or even aaA*, but I've decided that that's not going to happen so if it does I'll just collapse and lay on the floor for about 20 minutes.

I like your style :yy:

Wish I could be this calm
Neither A2 or As

Hoping for: Nothing

Expecting: AAB

I will open them: I will try to burn the the envelope leaving the certificate intact.

I will react: Not much. Probably call Manchester and tell them. I made Manchester my insurance but I don't like them anymore so I want them to know I'm going to my firm and not them. Also I will frame the results and tell everyone I win at life and watch the world cup final.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SharpenedPencils
Yeah, F325 was full to the brim with calculations, some of which I had no idea how to start :tongue: Plus, I barely finished it in time, it just wasn't great! And actually thought Unit 4 wasn't too bad, a bit odd in some Qs, but overall it went okay. What did you think?

Hm, that's true and some if the answers were so weird. I feel like it was easier than most of the past papers.

Yeah! F324 was odd, lots of new questions and concepts. I think it was okay as well though.

What other subjects do you do? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 205
Original post by Kigh
I like your style :yy:

Wish I could be this calm

I've been planning for if I get ccC, ddD, aaA*, everything has been gone through and re-gone through, I'm an absolute worrier when the time's quite far but once I'm sorted I'm calm as anything.

I'm sure the majority of people have absolutely nothing to be worried about with their results, there's always a few who say they've 'failed' and get all A's, so I'm just holding out for another 35 days or so :cool:
AS
Hoping: AAAA
Expecting: AAAB ( well thats still kind of hoping just more realistically )
Hoping to get the edexcel results online then get into school as early as allowed and open them in a quiet corner. The only positive is i already know i have an A* in EPQ which takes the pressure of a bit..
A2

Hoping for: AAA

Expecting: ЯЯЯ (I assume thats after Z in Russian or something)

I will open them: Get a wild animal from the forest open them, I'm sure it wont rip

I will react:
Do a poo on the closest table I can find
Reply 208
Original post by Eskyy
I've been planning for if I get ccC, ddD, aaA*, everything has been gone through and re-gone through, I'm an absolute worrier when the time's quite far but once I'm sorted I'm calm as anything.

I'm sure the majority of people have absolutely nothing to be worried about with their results, there's always a few who say they've 'failed' and get all A's, so I'm just holding out for another 35 days or so :cool:

So what would be the plan for ddD? Just thinking about straight D grades makes me want to cry

The anticipation is too much :no:
Reply 209
Original post by joshhasnoidea
A2

Hoping for: AAA

Expecting: ЯЯЯ (I assume thats after Z in Russian or something)

I will open them: Get a wild animal from the forest open them, I'm sure it wont rip

I will react:
Do a poo on the closest table I can find

:laugh: will that be out of happiness or..?
Original post by Kigh
:laugh: will that be out of happiness or..?

just due to the heat of the moment tbh:colone:
Original post by Eskyy

Hey, good to hear you've got things under control, but I was just curious: are you genuinely so uncertain in how your exams went that you don't know whether you got A* or a D in your full A level? I just thought you must have some idea...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by FlyHigh_er
Hm, that's true and some if the answers were so weird. I feel like it was easier than most of the past papers.

Yeah! F324 was odd, lots of new questions and concepts. I think it was okay as well though.

What other subjects do you do? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? You're probably one of those really amazing at Chemistry people then, cause most felt it was not easier, at my school :smile:

Biology and, the odd one out of my subjects which is, Philosophy and Ethics :tongue: What about you?
Reply 213
Original post by SamTheMan95
Dont be a killjoy I had AABC last year and got an offer from UCL for Economics.
Write a kickass PS, get good references and good predictions.

I am not sure I believe you. What subjects were your grades in? What were your predicted grades, and what grades did they offer you? I got offered a chance to transfer from Nottingham to UCL back in 2002 for Biotechnology, but in those days A levels were harder and UCL weren't as demanding on the grades.
Original post by Mansun
I am not sure I believe you. What subjects were your grades in? What were your predicted grades, and what grades did they offer you? I got offered a chance to transfer from Nottingham to UCL back in 2002 for Biotechnology, but in those days A levels were harder and UCL weren't as demanding on the grades.

I saw in a comment later that his offer to UCL got adjusted to unconditional. Speaks volumes really. Very impressive and clearly he must show a huge amount of potential without needing to have great grades.
I'm 25 so a long time ago. A Level results day was a big day, one of the biggest I ever had! I had been living in a Childrens Home until not long before results day and nobody in my life cared much how I had done. Except Ella of course!
AS

Hoping AAAA

Expecting AAAB ( Just check Arsey's Mark schemes and the others for Chem and Bio ) - Should be fine for them, it's only physics which may bring it down as well at the EMPAs.

I will open them by myself without the publicity if possible. I'll probably ask the tutor if I can go ahead with my chosen career before I open them.

Reaction : If I get them I'll be jumping over the place, the happiest man on earth.
Reply 217
Original post by The Room Student
I saw in a comment later that his offer to UCL got adjusted to unconditional. Speaks volumes really. Very impressive and clearly he must show a huge amount of potential without needing to have great grades.

I would like to know why, were there extenuating circumstances? I would expect UCL to ask for A*AA/AAA overall for most courses today.
Original post by ubisoft
What will you be studying? Maths?

And what A-levels?

Yeah studying maths. A levels were maths, further maths economics and psychology. Should get an A* in economics put I'm doubtful I'll get an A* in all 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AS or A2 results?
AS

What are you hoping for?
ACE :cry2:

What are you expecting?
BDU :bawling:

How will you open them?
In secret, at home, away from my parents and friends.

How will you celebrate/react?
By crying and drinking lots of alcohol until I forget about how terrible my results are. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest