Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone has any idea what happens if you dont have gcse, how do they score you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepeople)
    Anyone has any idea what happens if you dont have gcse, how do they score you?
    What do you mean? You have other qualification?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brbwafflesyay)
    I scored 48/55 with AAA at A2 and 7A*'s 3A's at IGCSE
    What was the minimum cut-off score last year for Stage 1?
    I'm not sure if that's good enough as many applicants must be getting 50+
    You would think so, but no-one on here is posting scores much higher than 50, so I'm not sure. To score 55, an applicant would have to have 800+ in all 4 sections of UKCAT, I'm not sure there are many of those around this year. A really good candidate who scored over 700 in all 4 sections, (plus band 1 SJT, plus 8 A* GCSE) would be on 51.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottie)
    What do you mean? You have other qualification?
    I come from Integrated Programme in Singapore, which is a programme that lets top 10% students by-pass GCSE to better prepare ourselves for higher education, so I dont have any GCSE. I am taking IB btw

ReputationRep:
    I come from Integrated Programme in Singapore, which is a programme that lets top 10% students by-pass GCSE to better prepare ourselves for higher education, so I dont have any GCSE. I am taking IB btw
    Well you must have sth equivalent to GCSE. I applied with European Baccalaureate and has to send my 5th year results instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottie)
    Well you must have sth equivalent to GCSE. I applied with European Baccalaureate and has to send my 5th year results instead.
    I see, I kind of have IB but grade 10 version and got 42 back then, how does that convert, any idea?

ReputationRep:
    I see, I kind of have IB but grade 10 version and got 42 back then, how does that convert, any idea?
    I think 6 is equal to A. But thts just a guess. Have a look at Google

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legend4lyf)
    Hi guys
    I really want to apply here but I'm sure if my score of 49/55 is good enough
    Would really appreciate any advice on this
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Sycopation)
    What are my chances with a score of 46/55?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I scored 48/55 with AAA at A2 and 7A*'s 3A's at IGCSE
    What was the minimum cut-off score last year for Stage 1?
    I'm not sure if that's good enough as many applicants must be getting 50+
    Hi, I'm applying this year too so I'm not an expert but I would guess that from 45/55 is a competitive score - if you think that consistent scores of above 800 are pretty rare on a UKCAT then it's incredibly unlikely that anyone will have full marks. Then even if someone has 4 scores of 700+ they're already going to have dropped 4 marks - a score above 50 would be really good. I would bet that most people would have scores of between 45-50, and then it would just depend on how many applicants there are between those markers

ReputationRep:
    How do Nottingham use your personal statement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky.96)
    How do Nottingham use your personal statement?
    PS is the next stage of the selection process, after points cutoff. All applicants are scored academically/ukcat, and the top 50% of applicants get their PS read. Then the scores are added and the top 600 are invited for interview. Not sure how they actually score the PS, other than the fact that they look for the usual work exp, ECs, motivation for medicine etc

ReputationRep:
    I didn't take physics at GCSEs and A levels. Does this mean I shouldn't be applying? It seems that they are looking for some kind of foundation in physics...

ReputationRep:
    Hi people am pondering over the last choice ; these are the stats

a ukcat of 670 860 680 650 avg is 715, sit adj 1. the academics are:

9 GCSE's A* 1 A, AS 4 A's Biol Chem Maths & Hist, A2 predicted A*A*A*.

where do i have a better chance of interview Kings ( i think their cut of will be around 710-715 with this years lower avg ukcat scores) or Nottingham (although overall ukcat is good they look at scores in each section I think i score 30/39 on their ukcat tarrif)

Which would you choose out of these - just for info the other choices are; SGUL UCL Southampton.

Appreciate your help and advice

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mister K)
    Hi people am pondering over the last choice ; these are the stats

a ukcat of 670 860 680 650 avg is 715, sit adj 1. the academics are:

9 GCSE's A* 1 A, AS 4 A's Biol Chem Maths & Hist, A2 predicted A*A*A*.

where do i have a better chance of interview Kings ( i think their cut of will be around 710-715 with this years lower avg ukcat scores) or Nottingham (although overall ukcat is good they look at scores in each section I think i score 30/39 on their ukcat tarrif)

Which would you choose out of these - just for info the other choices are; SGUL UCL Southampton.

Appreciate your help and advice

Many thanks
    King's cut off may actually be higher than you think so I would go for Nottingham…..but again, I recommend Nottinghamt o everyone who has fairly high ukcat (mine was 707.5)

ReputationRep:
    So is 30/39 on the ukcat sufficient to get to them looking at the personal statement

ReputationRep:
    They Notts Med website scoring system say they are no longer using the SJT in their scoring system. How does it work now?

ReputationRep:
    They Notts Med website scoring system say they are no longer using the SJT in their scoring system. How does it work now?
    The weighting has changed to 69 % UKCAT and 31% academics I think. They still have the GCSE points system and then the points for the rest of the UKCAT, and then think they consider the PS of the highest 50% of scorers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boods8897)
    The weighting has changed to 69 % UKCAT and 31% academics I think. They still have the GCSE points system and then the points for the rest of the UKCAT, and then think they consider the PS of the highest 50% of scorers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So if I have 810,750, 520,550
    that'll be 25 points? + 14 for 6A*s and 2As so I only have 39 points?

ReputationRep:
    My daughter has 3050 ukcat (890, 840, 640, 680) but lower academics than most. 2a*, 9a at gcse and BBBC at AS. Predictions AAAb at A2. She had a post 16 ed psych assessment in the summer which diagnosed dyslexia so measures are being put in place to help her overcome this. She wants to retake biology as completely. Given her high ukcat score is it still worth her applying to Nottingham and will they accept a full retake of biology in the light of the dyslexia report?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dianew)
    My daughter has 3050 ukcat (890, 840, 640, 680) but lower academics than most. 2a*, 9a at gcse and BBBC at AS. Predictions AAAb at A2. She had a post 16 ed psych assessment in the summer which diagnosed dyslexia so measures are being put in place to help her overcome this. She wants to retake biology as completely. Given her high ukcat score is it still worth her applying to Nottingham and will they accept a full retake of biology in the light of the dyslexia report?
    Nottingham only accept a maximum of one module resit for each subject. So they would not accept the whole of Biology AS as a resit (unless you contact them directly to discuss your individual circumstances).
    On their points system, she currently has 10/16 for GCSEs, and 32 points for UKCAT (I think). Giving a total of 42/55 - however, they do give 3pts for SJT band 1, 2pts for band 2, 1pt for band 3, so that would push her points total up depending on what she got in that component of the UKCAT. So she potentially has a max of 45 - thesame score as I have, which seems to be quite low, lots of people on here are reporting scores of approx 48-50. I am still applying, it is a very risky application at 45 points though in my opinion.

Edit: given new SJT info, she has 42/52 total.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frozo123)
    So if I have 810,750, 520,550
    that'll be 25 points? + 14 for 6A*s and 2As so I only have 39 points?
    810 -9 points
    750 - 8 points
    520 - 6 points
    550- 6 points
    So you've got 29 points from UKCAT

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.